Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Albion punishment

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These are the fans who had a pitch invasion when their u21s beat ours
Them always the same them lot.....for some bizarre reason they give it the big un in the ground....but when our lot go over early doors they don't wanna nw....

It's not being being big n clever but ya don't do in grounds these days if you are that way inclined....

optimuswolf

Reaction score
And isn't it sad that the large majority who are completely innocent of anything will be the ones who are punished for the actions of others.
Exactly. Idiots (including the wolves fans in the albion end) spoiling it for others.

I'm probably soft, but i wouldn't take my children to an away game, and certainly not the albion.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Albion have said they will cooperate fully with the FA and the police investigations into this afternoon’s trouble. I’m sure they are annoyed and embarrassed at what happened.

I had thought scenes like today’s were in the past, but clearly I was wrong.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
It really doesn’t help when media outlets including ITV bill the BCD game as “ferocious” etc, all for viewing figures and click bait, it’s bound to stir emotions on both sets of supporters

That said, WBA face a potentially hefty fine which they could do without I’m sure.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Them always the same them lot.....for some bizarre reason they give it the big un in the ground....but when our lot go over early doors they don't wanna nw....

It's not being being big n clever but ya don't do in grounds these days if you are that way inclined....
Always seem to be way, never to be seen before they're in the ground, give it the Barry inside and they out before anyone they've given it large too notices.

Bunch of absolute weapons.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Albion have said they will cooperate fully with the FA and the police investigations into this afternoon’s trouble. I’m sure they are annoyed and embarrassed at what happened.

I haven't followed all this but if some Wolves fans in with the Albion jump up and show their colours when we scored our 2nd, that's suicidal and asking for trouble. If that's so then I expect we may get some sort of fine too. Albion will be hammered.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s not forget these knuckle draggers (hooligan element) in their fan base rushed the pitch in an age group cup final a few years back……

They have form

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really doesn’t help when media outlets including ITV bill the BCD game as “ferocious” etc, all for viewing figures and click bait, it’s bound to stir emotions on both sets of supporters

That said, WBA face a potentially hefty fine which they could do without I’m sure.
A big fine that puts them into administration, with the requisite points deduction. That would just be icing on a very delicious cake so far today.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But it isn’t click bait though is it……

Real history even in the last 15 years of issues with missiles thrown before and after the game. The seasons on the pitch where it was nearly prison rules in the championship
Like when N’dah had his leg snapped.

It is a real hatred that even spilled into rushing the pitch after an age grade match

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From another forum, from an eye witness to what really happened, worth a read

“IS IT REALLY WORTH IT AT ALL EXCEPT TO LET THE YOBS HAVE A SPECIAL DAY OUT ?? I was in the East Stand today with family and we politely clapped every West Brom attack and sat very still when Wolves attacked or scored. It didn't bother me at all---I'd rather be with my fellow Wanderers all around me, but I'd enjoy watching Wolves if I had to sit on a floodlight. The match is pretty easy to sum up : Wolves looked a classy Premier League team and WBA looked like an ordinary lower division team. We were dominant throughout the game, whether defending or attacking. We were confident, composed, well organised, not one of our players below par. The goals were good ones. I especially liked the "Doherty to Neto" goal because I have been a huge fan of Matt for many years--as well as Neto like everyone else of course ( nice to see him back----he looked tired in the second half but his presence on the field seems to lift other players. So the right team won fairly easily. My Man Of Match was Cunha.
BUT the game was ruined by yobs who have no place anywhere near our national game. I won't go into great detail which just fuels the air that the yobs need to exist. But I saw everything that went on and , while it must be said that home yobs started a riot after the Cunha goal, it certainly looked like Wolves fans were in parts of the home areas and did their fair share of violence. Down in the corner seemed very nasty as well, and it was shameful to see the family and kids area being threatened. Same at the other end where the Wolves' disabled wheelchair section was at the front, close to the pitch. It was heartbreaking to see players removing their kids from a section that should have been safe but turned out to be one of the worst hit areas. I was there in 1989 when Bully scored the winner with one minute of the match left----and there was no trouble. What happened today had a lot to do with fans being in wrong areas where they shouldn't have been IMO ( a bit like me in The East Stand, but without me causing any trouble). As I said at the beginning of this post : "Is it really worth giving the yobs a good day out so they can kick and punch other people and then go and get spend the evening getting drunk and waiting for their next "family" day out ?? “

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could tell loads of stories dated back years about em...they have some really hard lads Albion but not many ..the rest are idiots......they can't cope with us cause they are heavily outnumbered....it's just the way it is....they turn up at half time when we play at home and hope to get a result and still don't....when we go to Albion wem half a mile down the road and they won't come......excuse after excuse.......they can't cope....never have , never will....
This genuinely reads like nonsense off the playground.

No offence, like. Just bizarre that stuff like this goes on amongst grown men.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously I wasn’t there but an ITV commentator was saying that there was some trouble at the Wolves end.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking on their forum, most of their fans are actually very fair about both the game and the trouble.
TBH that match reminded me of all those years in the Championship when we would try so hard against Premier league opposition but all that effort was nearly always too little against better players. You have to take 1 of those half chances. Happily we had those better players today.
As for the idiots, there were a lot of Albion fans spilling out of the Brummie Rd to look hard, with 99% of them nowhere near any Wolves fans who might have been in that stand. And I'd expect the same reaction here to those idiots if it had been our fans.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously I wasn’t there but an ITV commentator was saying that there was some trouble at the Wolves end.

Saw absolutely none but I can't promise that there wasn't a brief issue in the corner as I wasn't looking initially. If there was, it ended super quickly. I was right at the front behind the goal and the stewards/police were calm and barely even there (police) for quite a while. All the trouble was in two home ends.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wonder how the fine will compare with the one we got for signing against Chelsea (not condoning the chant).

Mad they played Liquidator and we’re not allowed to as well.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Excuses will be rolled our today for there behaviour but it is all on them.

If there was Wolves fans in the home end maybe its not right it happens regularly at games, but the blames on the club for the ticketing system or one of there fans for selling a seat but you stay in your seat and let the stewards/police deal with it no doubt there will be united fans in our end on Thursday but I doubt we will have several 100 fans creating a riot.

The fellow took off in blood was one of there's plenty of videos going around of him trying to fight the police.

Ultimately the west brom fans, the clubs ticket office, stewarding and the police have failed today and allowed this to happen, thankfully the Wolves fans behaved as it could've all escalated very quickly.

In fairness a large number of there fans have criticised the idiots involved although a number are still defending them.

A big fine could really hit west brom hard given there position, I just hope the Fs don't go down a route of shared responsibility rubbish, the blame is all on them over this.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Some (actually a lot of) trouble at the Wolves end, but none of it involving Wolves fans. Totally Albion idiots trying to punch their way though the police lines to attack Wolves fans and police taking (and giving out) a fair bit of stick to keep them behind the advertising.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Think that was the corner where there fans were throwing bottles at Doyle.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I absolutely love that the Baggies are saying we should be charged, I've even seen one say that the game should have been called off and both teams kicked out :tearsofjoy:

Hilariously rattled fanbase, drink it in.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Getting a bit sick and tired of **** fans on social media trying to pin it all on those Wolves fans in the Halfords Lane. Conveniently ignoring the fact their knuckle draggers were throwing bottles at our players long before the second goal.

They deserve everything thrown at them.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, can understand that "never go with the other fans" attitude. But realistically, there's always some away fans (and neutrals) in with the home fans at any game. It's not a licence for the home fans to physically attack them.

If WOlves fans got tickets in the home end, they got them from Albion supporters, presumably? Doesn't that risk your season ticket getting banned?
I just don't see the appeal , can't celebrate a goal or anything

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some (actually a lot of) trouble at the Wolves end, but none of it involving Wolves fans. Totally Albion idiots trying to punch their way though the police lines to attack Wolves fans and police taking (and giving out) a fair bit of stick to keep them behind the advertising.
I think there will be quite a few Albion who will be getting done at a later date for the trouble especially on the right hand side.....I get the police these days don't want to take officer's away from duty but it was quite amazing a few were not getting pulled out and arrested....had they pulled a few out it may have calmed down quicker ......

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve now invaded the pitch in 3 different games against us, let that sink in! 3 ****ing times! It’s not us it’s them, if they can’t get it they are thick as ****. There were bottles clearly thrown at Doyle? Why the **** were they selling beer if an 11.45 ko was to reduce alcohol related trouble? Honestly the **** have so many things to answer here! It’s bordering on irresponsible

I know some on here hate this talk, but another poster is bang on, the reason they do it in the ground is simple, outside Wolves always, always outnumber them. It’s just a fact, so they do it, in the fashion of hold me back hold me back. I still remember the time they got locked in for an hour after a game, funny their hard men didn’t come out that day! Sorry to lower the tone but the truths in black and white there

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This genuinely reads like nonsense off the playground.

No offence, like. Just bizarre that stuff like this goes on amongst grown men.
Yes I agree.....they just frustrate me them lot and it's been a long day......but all I'm meant in reality is that it is going to go on but if you are like that then keep it out of the ground.....but you are right....

Last edited:

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
My baggies mates genuinely believe one of our lot spat in bartleys wife’s face when he calls her out the crowd causing the trouble.

Bartley runs over as a result of the trouble so I’m confused as to how that could have started the trouble? Not to mention the trouble was at both ends of the grounds was it not?

And apparently Thomas-Asante’s family have now been on itv news saying the spitting did happen?

It doesn’t stack up for me. Hundreds of them causing trouble as they all saw a woman get spat on hundreds of yards away?

Stinks of trying to deflect their appalling behaviour.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Some general coverage of the overall trouble from the Wolves end and a nice little medley of Wolves songs to boot.

optimuswolf

Reaction score
From another forum, from an eye witness to what really happened, worth a read

“IS IT REALLY WORTH IT AT ALL EXCEPT TO LET THE YOBS HAVE A SPECIAL DAY OUT ?? I was in the East Stand today with family and we politely clapped every West Brom attack and sat very still when Wolves attacked or scored. It didn't bother me at all---I'd rather be with my fellow Wanderers all around me, but I'd enjoy watching Wolves if I had to sit on a floodlight. The match is pretty easy to sum up : Wolves looked a classy Premier League team and WBA looked like an ordinary lower division team. We were dominant throughout the game, whether defending or attacking. We were confident, composed, well organised, not one of our players below par. The goals were good ones. I especially liked the "Doherty to Neto" goal because I have been a huge fan of Matt for many years--as well as Neto like everyone else of course ( nice to see him back----he looked tired in the second half but his presence on the field seems to lift other players. So the right team won fairly easily. My Man Of Match was Cunha.
BUT the game was ruined by yobs who have no place anywhere near our national game. I won't go into great detail which just fuels the air that the yobs need to exist. But I saw everything that went on and , while it must be said that home yobs started a riot after the Cunha goal, it certainly looked like Wolves fans were in parts of the home areas and did their fair share of violence. Down in the corner seemed very nasty as well, and it was shameful to see the family and kids area being threatened. Same at the other end where the Wolves' disabled wheelchair section was at the front, close to the pitch. It was heartbreaking to see players removing their kids from a section that should have been safe but turned out to be one of the worst hit areas. I was there in 1989 when Bully scored the winner with one minute of the match left----and there was no trouble. What happened today had a lot to do with fans being in wrong areas where they shouldn't have been IMO ( a bit like me in The East Stand, but without me causing any trouble). As I said at the beginning of this post : "Is it really worth giving the yobs a good day out so they can kick and punch other people and then go and get spend the evening getting drunk and waiting for their next "family" day out ?? “
Hopefully the wolves 'fans' involved will get punished too.

It's very irresponsible, and downright selfish to go in the home end at a game like this.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will definitely get some sort of sanction for this, even though there doesn’t appear to be any evidence Wolves caused the problems the media are spinning both sets of supporters involved.

If Wolves were in home end and celebrated that’s silly but would not have caused the length of commotion that went on
We won’t get any sanctions, only the home team

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think there will be quite a few Albion who will be getting done at a later date for the trouble especially on the right hand side.....I get the police these days don't want to take officer's away from duty but it was quite amazing a few were not getting pulled out and arrested....had they pulled a few out it may have calmed down quicker ......
Definitely should have had a few out quicker, but I agree, 3 coppers minimum to get one fan out and they'd have been short on numbers pretty quickly! The big guy in the light top who seemed to have a fag in his mouth must have had 3 proper goes and just got chucked back in each time. The guy who got hit on the head was properly swinging though. Quite what they expect the police to do is beyond me, seemed proper angry when the batons came out.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will definitely get some sort of sanction for this, even though there doesn’t appear to be any evidence Wolves caused the problems the media are spinning both sets of supporters involved.

If Wolves were in home end and celebrated that’s silly but would not have caused the length of commotion that went on
Sanctions for what? I'd be amazed if any charges were against Wolves.

Back
Top Bottom