Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A****n 0 Mighty Wolves 2 - Verdict thread

Leemack

Reaction score
Do these plonkers not see the bottles being thrown at our players in the first half lol?

Yet ofc it's the disgusting Wolves fans ruining the day attacking their players families. Talk about COPIUM

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have the Albion fans and their sense of superiority concocted a reason why the trouble was all Wolves fans fault yet?

If the same thing happened at Anfield and Cunha had scored that goal to put us 2-0 up, he would have been sent off for inciting Liverpool fans to invade the pitch! VAR would have backed it up.

TBF to the referee, I thought he did an excellent job throughout. Possibly the best ref we've had all season, when we needed it most. No baffling decisions. He didn't give in to a hostile home crowd. The one difficult decision - the Albion penalty call - he got correct. Though replays show it was 100% not a penalty, it was tricky to spot in real time. It suggests that refereeing in the Premier League really is made more difficult by the huge focus on the Big 6 and being frightened to give anything wrong against them is behind the bias. At Anfield or Old Trafford, that same incident is a penalty tothe home team, and never overturned by VAR.

Also, a bit irritated by the BBC report that is doing it's best to make out that both sets of fans caused the trouble. The Beeb really do seem to stretch to make false equivalences these days. They say both sets of supporters threw things on the pitch, where on the TV, we clearly saw several bottles thrown at Doyle. Even some *after* the players had returned from the suspension. You couldn't make it up! I hope the TV evidence catches them, they shouldn't get away with that.
<EDIT> The Mail doing the same, saying the trouble was "started by Wolves fans celebrating the second goal". Yet every photo of the trouble shows only fans in Albion colours, on the pitch, gesticulating at stewards etc.

Apparently we jeered there mascot too. And lit a couple of flares after scoring. How dare we! World wars have started for less ... yet no mention of what was clearly an Albion supporter on the pitch marching down to the away end to cause trouble, before he was taken out by stewards.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Was the bald guy who got battered a Wolves fan or **** fan? Could have sworn he was giving Wolves fans stick as he was led away

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Never in doubt.

Surreal experience watching the embarrassing scenes.

Controlled game plan by Gary. Thought Doyle, Semedo, Kilman and Doc were very good.

Even GON showed a bit of emotion at the end celebrating. Long may it continue.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I missed the first 15 minutes, it started 6:45 our time. I woke up about 4am, shut my eyes for *5* minutes, next thing it was 7

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Thought GON was excellent in his post match interview on ITV, Radio 5 and WM. They all wanted to make it about the disturbances and how it tainted the game but he wasn't having it. Kept going back to the football and said that it didn't taint the result or the way we played. Also kept praising the Wolves fans behind the goal for the support and restrained behaviour in the face of goading and intimidation. Quickly becoming a Wolves legend. UP THE GARY!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Also had to laugh at an Albion fan phoning up WM, said the disturbances are all she remembered and the result doesn't matter a bit because if it. She said, "It wouldn't matter if we had lost 11-0 because it's not important." Then quickly after said that she thought Cunha was offside for the second goal!

Leemack

Reaction score
Wasn’t the absence of VAR WONDERFUL!!! Good ref too. Good day.
Agree

Ref was good. Let a lot go and kept the game going. Didn't let the occasion get to him. Pity the rest of the mob can't do the same. No VAR was class. Actually managed to celebrate and not wait 5 minutes to clean up the spilt beer and pick up the stuff i throw around when we score.

Although I did rip my t shirt off Hulk style when Cunha scored. As it's xmas day rules today I can get away with it. They are playing it down as much as they want but we know they are hurting no matter what they post.

Here's a text :)

Cunha and Neto 125 million, our squad 12 million. Should be embarassed that we dominated you mush

My reply

Pop over to mine. Got some tissues to wipe your eyes. Keep a sheet for when you watch Cunha's goal again. You might need it to wipe up haha.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree

Ref was good. Let a lot go and kept the game going. Didn't let the occasion get to him. Pity the rest of the mob can't do the same. No VAR was class. Actually managed to celebrate and not wait 5 minutes to clean up the spilt beer and pick up the stuff i throw around when we score.

Although I did rip my t shirt off Hulk style when Cunha scored. As it's xmas day rules today I can get away with it. They are playing it down as much as they want but we know they are hurting no matter what they post.

Here's a text :)

Cunha and Neto 125 million, our squad 12 million. Should be embarassed that we dominated you mush

My reply

Pop over to mine. Got some tissues to wipe your eyes. Keep a sheet for when you watch Cunha's goal again. You might need it to wipe up haha.
So after spending 8 seasons in the Premier, all they've got to show for it is a squad worth 12m? That's their problem, lol.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do these plonkers not see the bottles being thrown at our players in the first half lol?

Yet ofc it's the disgusting Wolves fans ruining the day attacking their players families. Talk about COPIUM
Where did that rumour come from? Sounds like *******s to me

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Game plan spot on from O'Neil. Was always gonna be scrappy with mistakes happening. When we made them we had good cover tho. Took the chances well. Toti my man of the match, showed his class and quality and wasn't phased by the occasion. Great day.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the same thing happened at Anfield and Cunha had scored that goal to put us 2-0 up, he would have been sent off for inciting Liverpool fans to invade the pitch! VAR would have backed it up.

TBF to the referee, I thought he did an excellent job throughout. Possibly the best ref we've had all season, when we needed it most. No baffling decisions. He didn't give in to a hostile home crowd. The one difficult decision - the Albion penalty call - he got correct. Though replays show it was 100% not a penalty, it was tricky to spot in real time. It suggests that refereeing in the Premier League really is made more difficult by the huge focus on the Big 6 and being frightened to give anything wrong against them is behind the bias. At Anfield or Old Trafford, that same incident is a penalty tothe home team, and never overturned by VAR.

Also, a bit irritated by the BBC report that is doing it's best to make out that both sets of fans caused the trouble. The Beeb really do seem to stretch to make false equivalences these days. They say both sets of supporters threw things on the pitch, where on the TV, we clearly saw several bottles thrown at Doyle. Even some *after* the players had returned from the suspension. You couldn't make it up! I hope the TV evidence catches them, they shouldn't get away with that.
<EDIT> The Mail doing the same, saying the trouble was "started by Wolves fans celebrating the second goal". Yet every photo of the trouble shows only fans in Albion colours, on the pitch, gesticulating at stewards etc.

Apparently we jeered there mascot too. And lit a couple of flares after scoring. How dare we! World wars have started for less ... yet no mention of what was clearly an Albion supporter on the pitch marching down to the away end to cause trouble, before he was taken out by stewards.
The ref missed a forearm to Cunha by Bartley. Good otherwise

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You're right. Why we are getting the blame is beyond me.
If we had supporters in their end, then they will get dealt with, but as for the rest of the goings on, it was their knobheads in the corner with scalves over their faces trying to be smart with the constabulary.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only just got back, fantastic day! Thought we were poor by our standards tbh but still enough to see them off. Don’t think we got out of second gear. Absolutely clinical from Pedro and Cunha, great to see. Great to have a game without VAR, too.

The fact their fans had an absolute meltdown after Cunha’s goal after spending all week playing the game down is just perfect.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So after spending 8 seasons in the Premier, all they've got to show for it is a squad worth 12m? That's their problem, lol.

Excuses, excuses! They thought they had a chance, they really did and the evidence of the vast gap between us has hurt them deep. They didn't see it that way when they beat us in the playoffs with a squad that cost way more than the one McCarthy cobbled together in his first season.

A football club is about how it is managed at every level, from top down. They are a club that made a "business decision" to not qualify for Europe... :D So they try and pretend, anyway. It's all part of their inferiority complex. Playing down their chances, fake humility, then gloating like there's no tomorrow when they win. And behaving like bad tempered spoilt brats when soundly beaten. They thought they'd turn us over (as usual) and reality is hurting them.

NJ Wolves

Reaction score
Also had to laugh at an Albion fan phoning up WM, said the disturbances are all she remembered and the result doesn't matter a bit because if it. She said, "It wouldn't matter if we had lost 11-0 because it's not important." Then quickly after said that she thought Cunha was offside for the second goal!
Lindsey a Baggies fan now?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got spat on by Albion fans as he got carted out the corner. You couldn't write it
The initial trouble was sparked by a few wednesbury wolves in the Albion end.......but what happened the other side was all Albion..... considering they aye bothered about us it didn't look that way .

Back
Top Bottom