Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Well done George Elokobi

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MOTM thus far Maidstone's keeper. Ipswich missing chance after chance.... Maidstone took their one clear chance brilliantly.

Big George at Molineux in Round 5?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MOTM thus far Maidstone's keeper. Ipswich missing chance after chance.... Maidstone took their one clear chance brilliantly.

Big George at Molineux in Round 5?
Both need to get there first ,would be good though

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Part one complete, just needs parts two and three

Beat the Baggies
5 round draw comes up trumps

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So pleased for the big man
If we can do it tomorrow what a great occasion it would be to get Maidstone at the Mol
George would be in dream land and so would we

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A proper gentleman is big George. Many moons ago at the end of season dinner I got talking to him. I was on the scrounge as was involved in some fund raising for a friend who’s 3 year old daughter had a rare disease and had already had multiple operations at a young age at Great Ormand Street and was looking to raise £200k to send her to America for treatment. He asked for my mates number as he’d like to help. I thought nothing of it and thought he was fobbing me off really. He ended up getting a host of signed stuff, got the players to donate money (as a squad they made a significant donation) then put him in contact with Matt Murray who got the wolves all stars involved in a charity game. In the end the money got raised and treatment successful in the states and every Christmas he sends her a hand written Xmas card even though she’s now nearly 16.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A rendition of the Georgie Elokobi song tomorrow would be a nice touch . Pleased for him , limited footballer but gave his all time and time again for him ......top man .

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A proper gentleman is big George. Many moons ago at the end of season dinner I got talking to him. I was on the scrounge as was involved in some fund raising for a friend who’s 3 year old daughter had a rare disease and had already had multiple operations at a young age at Great Ormand Street and was looking to raise £200k to send her to America for treatment. He asked for my mates number as he’d like to help. I thought nothing of it and thought he was fobbing me off really. He ended up getting a host of signed stuff, got the players to donate money (as a squad they made a significant donation) then put him in contact with Matt Murray who got the wolves all stars involved in a charity game. In the end the money got raised and treatment successful in the states and every Christmas he sends her a hand written Xmas card even though she’s now nearly 16.
Great post and what a great man.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
thanks for sharing that, is it just me with something in their eyes?
delighted she’s ok, and what a lovely lovely man.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
George, what a fantastic human being!!!! Just seen his interview on the Beeb. Let's beat the ****e and draw Maidstone at Molineux. All out end-to-end attack from the kick off please and we win it 6-5 in the 98th minute with a Neto bicycle kick from 20 yards out. George leads Maidstone on a lap of honour round the ground at the end. If Carlsberg made 5th Round Cup Ties....

Rowzed

Reaction score
That’s just amazing

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
thanks for sharing that, is it just me with something in their eyes?
delighted she’s ok, and what a lovely lovely man.
He got himself really involved mate. Obviously it was a huge sum to raise and he helped massively. For all he gets stick at times as well, Jamie Ohara donated a VERY large amount seperately from the squad donation.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope George and Maidstone draw Man Yanited away.

Financial heaven for Maidstone - and after they win at Old Trafford , then they can play us :)

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant, what a guy!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow! What a great story. Thanks for that.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t think of a more universally loved Wolves man than big George
Agree.
Should success come our way tomorrow, what a home coming it would be for big George to come to Molineux.
I've tried to find the video of his emotional farewell at Molineux but can't find it anywhere.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone share where I can watch his post match interview.
It was great! It was on the pitch after the game and you could see all the Maidstone fans singing in the stand. He talked about the club, the community, Cameroon, the players and the need to stay humble. He could go on to greater things?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is why we love football. I don't know any other sport where you could dominate so much and not just automatically win. Look at those stats!

View attachment 40072

I hope Maidstone get the Premier League payday they deserve now.
Would be nice for them, but successive games on TV, they’ve already had a transformative payday.
That’s the kinda dough that keeps 6th tier sides going for years.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s just amazing
The only sad part and I say this with a heavy heart as he was my hero as a kid but bully got asked to get involved in the charity match as a guest manager and his only response was what his fee was which a) felt a bit cold as was for charity and b) was a considerable fee.

Back
Top Bottom