Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jonny Castro Otto

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A truely great player, completely underrated, he gave fantastic service to the club until those horrible injuries intervened.

I wish him well for his move to Greece, and wish to thank him for the fantastic memories he and his colleagues gave us during the glorious Nuno years.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks Jonny, and all the best to you and your family for the future.
Once a wolf, always a wolf.
FWAW /\_/\

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of my favourites from that first couple of PL seasons, he was so reliably good.

It must be very hard to take to be on the up, have been on the fringe of the Spain team even at times, and then through no fault of your own not be able to play to that standard any more.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thank him for the good times (and they were good), but his conduct has been disappointing on multiple occasions and it's for the best that all ties are cut.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of my favourites from that first couple of PL seasons, he was so reliably good.

It must be very hard to take to be on the up, have been on the fringe of the Spain team even at times, and then through no fault of your own not be able to play to that standard any more.

It was odd how he went from the perfect 7.5/10 per game consistent fullback, to the complete opposite.

I remember the Leeds game last season. He was so bad, like a 1/10 performance. He then scored an absolute worldy, then got sent off!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thank him for the good times (and they were good), but his conduct has been disappointing on multiple occasions and it's for the best that all ties are cut.
i was a little surprised at such a glowing send off on the website considering what’s happened. i think there’s a mix here of his frustration with not playing, combined with his conduct and getting a large salary off the books.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Felt sorry for him in his last few games for us. He was a shadow of the player he once was. Frustration must have got the better of him to do what he did.
All the best Jonny. You served us well and don’t deserve to leave us in such a way.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Otto had lost his speed from a standing start.

Reaction score
i was a little surprised at such a glowing send off on the website considering what’s happened. i think there’s a mix here of his frustration with not playing, combined with his conduct and getting a large salary off the books.
The tweet / Instagram post are much more neutral in tone, but even in the website article is very much focused on the past when talking about the positives. You can read a lot into what wasn’t said there too.

Jonny was one of my favourite players and it’s sad that had to end like this, but wishing him all the best for the future.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was my favourite player before the injuries, which says a lot given some of the stars we had in that team. Jonny and Boly down that left hand side were impenetrable at the best of times.

All the best Jonny, thank you for some wonderful memories, always gave his absolute all in a Wolves shirt. As others have said, I hope he can find happiness again on the football pitch. Two absolutely awful injuries that mentally must have really frustrated him.

mroli74

Reaction score
He was the Dennis Irwin of our team - always at least a 7, never really higher than an 8. Just consistent, efficient and flew under the radar. I hope he goes on to have a successful rest of his career.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad he's gone personally, do wish him well.... Jordao next?

Was the first bit necessary? He was a great servant in his prime and the injuries obviously affected him - not his fault.

I'm pleased he's found somewhere that he can hopefully re-ignite his career and wish him well - thanks Jonny!

dougandiehard

Reaction score
Let's put aside the training ground incident, they often happen but are usually kept secret. After all, compared with Troy Deeney Jonny is a gentleman.
I only want to remember Jonny as a loyal servant, a major contributor to a winning and entertaining side.
Thank you Jonny and best wishes for your future, get some games and get back to the very top.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'v been lurking for a few months since I got banned, however I feel I need to comment on the departure of Jonny, some have said he has hung around getting a pay day until his contract is up (Which may well be correct), however there could also be the possibility that he really felt he could get back in the starting 11, then there is the possibility that as he has said his family are growing up here he may still have needed to have some more time here to get a permanent visa, all these things could have come in to play when considering whether or not to stay and try to get back in or around the starting 11, so it's not all about what goes on on the pitch or at the training ground, and it could all have boiled over that day at the training ground, we also need to remember he has been here since 2018 and he probably felt he was getting his nose put out by new backroom staff whom he had probably never even heard of, anyways enough of my thoughts about what may or may not have happened.

From the day he arrived Jonny was a class full back up until his dreadful injuries which he got playing for the shirt, one ACL is bad enough but then to suffer another ACL on the same knee just about finished Jonny as a first team starter, prior to his injuries he was IMO the best left back we have had since Derek Parkin and it's a crying shame to see him struggling to get back to where he was, but it's a measure of the man that he felt he might be able to get somewhere near the player that he was.
I just hope he can see out his years at a competitive level without picking up any more serious injuries and that his family can settle in their new environment.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Johnny was a great player until his bad injuries. One of the best full backs / wingbacks we've ever had I think . Good luck to him.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For me it isn't like that. He was a brilliant player for us and then he was injured seriously twice and found it difficult to attain his previous high levels.
The rest of it has no significance for me. I will remember him at his best and wish him all the best and thank him for wearing the Old Gold shirt, for nearly half of his footballing career.

Last edited:

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me it isn't like that. He was a brilliant player for us and then he was injured seriously twice and found it difficult to attain his previous high levels.
The rest of it has no significance for me. I will remember him at his best and wish all the best and thank him for wearing the Old Gold shirt, for nearly half of his footballing career.
What I should have said, is that I don't condone what he did, but can imagine the frustration he feels. Wish him nothing but good wishes.

Back
Top Bottom