Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To add to that, we overpaid for Semedo at a time we made terrible decisions, but he's doing well at the mo. And Cunha's price was partially to pay for Lopetegui so was never a true reflection of his value (he should have been 20-25). Plus forwards are super expensive anyway.

Current squad is looking a lot better value now than it was isn't it!
I think we could get close to £200 mil profit on our squad
Cunha would make a profit right now too, only loss would be Semedo but even there a book profit would be easy with amortisation
Too easy to say we made big mistakes when they far outweighed by good buys

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
'We should have just kept Fabio, which is fairly obvious. Ideal player for our situation, but has been
frozen out by ONeil. One of the few black marks against him.
Fabio is bloody useless in this league in his present form. I have no idea what people saw in him this season that was any better than one of the worst players to start a match in the prem this term.

He's an actual negative just about every time he has an interaction with the ball. Being a man down might be better in many instances.

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fabio is bloody useless in this league in his present form. I have no idea what people saw in him this season that was any better than one of the worst players to start a match in the prem this term.

He's an actual negative just about every time he has an interaction with the ball. Being a man down might be better in many instances.
He's a headless chicken

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'We should have just kept Fabio, which is fairly obvious. Ideal player for our situation, but has been
Fabio has had plenty of opportunities. He is not good enough as an out and out striker. If he has a future its as a No.10 with some other club. He will do perfectly well in the Belgian, Dutch type leagues. But can't see anything in his game that will propel him to stardom. His link play can be good but otherwise he is not a natural goalscorer, is relatively weak in the air and is not particularly fast or strong in possession. How Jeff and co ever thought he was worth almost £36m at 18 remains a mystery.
Broja is not perfect but he has the physical presence you need in a No.9, can hold the ball up, and has a lot of potential still at 22 to get his goalscoring count up in the future. The problem is the£35m Chelsea,are supposedly asking.£25m with perhaps add ons based on goals/appearances would be more like it with a loan short term and an option to buy in the summer.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a loan with an option would be great, I’d be steering clear of a loan with an obligation though
100% this. Reasonably expensive obligation would be a very strange decision on our part.

Definitely worth a gamble with the option.

johnnybetchas

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What have the Scottish ever done for us?
Frank Munro
What? Okay Frank Munro
Willie Carr
Oh yes, Willie Carr
Alex Rae
Agreed
Colin Cameron
Alright, Colin Cameron
Kenny Miller
Jim McCalliog
Andy Gray
Christophe Berra
Kevin McDonald...
What about Hughie McIlmoyle - quality proper centre forward. There's a statue of him in Carlisle!

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My view is that ONeil has been decisive in who he wants to play up front and is reaping the benefits with a more consistent Cunha and Hwang looking like an absolute bargain with a pretty prolific scoring record.
As a forward, Fabio has failed to impress 4 different managers enough to get a run in the side that up until this season have struggled to score goals. Whenever he has played, he ends up cutting as a frustrated figure and I personally feel the frenetic pace of the premier league passes him by. A move back to Portugal or France seems the best option for both player and club. We will no doubt have to write off most of the £35 million under didn’t work out but can also write in the fee received for Nunes and proposed outlay on Doyle as a bloody marvellous bit of business. All clubs make howlers in the transfer market, it’s just the very elite have more funds to write them off.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a loan with an option would be great, I’d be steering clear of a loan with an obligation though
If it's between us, West Ham, and Fulham, I can see it coming down to which of us is willing to commit to that obligation. If it's none, then it may come down to the player. London clubs probably have preference for obvious reasons.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's between us, West Ham, and Fulham, I can see it coming down to which of us is willing to commit to that obligation. If it's none, then it may come down to the player. London clubs probably have preference for obvious reasons.
Again gut feel is that, that is the main stumbling block, Chelsea are going to want guarantees of cash given FFP

Back
Top Bottom