Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the summer money is flush. Clubs are now worried about this present window…. We are under no pressure to sell ANY player. However it’s important to remember. Every player has their price

If spurs come a long and slap in €50m I think we would sell sorry that’s me being honest. Hobbs would find someone cheaper and maybe better
Recipe for decline.

See Southampton previously. Watch Brighton over the next couple of seasons.

Full sail when the wind is blowing your way is the only way to progress a club.

See Villa, West Ham and Newcastle for current examples of successful strategies.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Recipe for decline.

See Villa, West Ham and Newcastle for current examples of successful strategies.
Newcastle are sitting one point ahead of us shedload of injuries and unable to spend due to ffp
West Ham were in a relegation battle most of last season.
Villa have a good manager see what happens when ffp bites them

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Recipe for decline.

Sorry that’s the path we are now on like it or not

Hobbs has openly said we are now self sufficient and we are not the club we was in 2019

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Recipe for decline.

Two of those examples (Villa and Newcastle) have chucked finances at it and now have to cut their cloth accordingly. Eddie Howe has already said FFP is a concern and the noises out of Villa Park is this window they can only loan players.

The landscape has and is altering significantly with FFP/Sustainability rules. I said last summer on here Everton would get a points deduction as a warning to the rest, Forest will get one next as a further warning and all clubs (even United and Chelsea with buckets of cash) have to adhere to the rules. Even City to an extent, it’s why Cole Palmer was sold, he’d apparently been told no more loans either stay or be sold.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone that has a problem with what Sasa has said seriously needs to get some perspective in life. Some of the comments I’ve seen are so sensitive you’d think they’d been provided by a 7 year old child.
Completely agree.

People getting upset with Sasa's comments are just downright weird. I don't even understand people spewing over Nunes or Lopetegui speaking out.

We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, what promises are made (and broken) etc. Players are villified on social media and rarely ever get to give their side of things. Who can blame them for wanting to set the record straight?

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is perfectly fine, as long as they don't start plugging the "Premium product" line, when renewals etc. are due.
It depends on what you think a premium product is. If you mean a load of big name signings for high fees then yes, I get your point, the current set up wouldn't warrant that. But if you mean the football on the pitch and fighting for European football with a squad of young, hungry, talented but not necessarily high priced or big name players, then what we've seen the last few weeks could be deemed a premium product if it carries on through to the end of the season.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would take Adams for 6 million. He fits ONeils style of forward and isnt as bad as has been made out on here, in my opinion. Could easily sell and make a profit in 12 months if need be. I have a feeling he would do well here.
But it's probably someone opinion that you can get him for 6m...

If I was Southampton I would play hardball.... especially if the buying club was desperate...

There are in the promotion picture, they won't need 6m desperately....

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the current market it is probably quite cheap when you consider how much some sides are paying for straight loans.
I'm not against us signing Che Adams as such but for a player who isn't a regular starter and the length of his contract I think that fee is a little high..

Around 4m is about right in my opinion..

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just saying something here, we are linked to bedia who is also expiring contract in summer.

Romano mentioned we are looking, swiss league not massive money in there, we could pick bedia up a bit left field but that would be a very wolves signing all these links and bedia pops up

He would cost a lot less

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not against us signing Che Adams as such but for a player who isn't a regular starter and the length of his contract I think that fee is a little high..

Around 4m is about right in my opinion..

That would probably be the right price under normal circumstances.

But a January window, with very little activity? Not many strikers kicking around with a proven record of scoring goals in the PL.

I'd imagine most bottom half clubs would be in for him. That demand drives up the price Southampton can ask for.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just saying something here, we are linked to bedia who is also expiring contract in summer.

Romano mentioned we are looking, swiss league not massive money in there, we could pick bedia up a bit left field but that would be a very wolves signing all these links and bedia pops up

Ties in with the post on the 'Rumours from the pub' thread about our Head of Content flying to Switzerland, then France.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Actually think it’s a decent move for his development. He’ll go from a team fighting survival to a team playing on the front foot, so will be different challenge for him.

Might be putting 2 + 2 together but with Fabio going north of the border perhaps we’ll start sending more up there.
Hopefully. If we could now send Nathan Fraser to St Johnstone, that would be splendid, thanks!

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two of those examples (Villa and Newcastle) have chucked finances at it and now have to cut their cloth accordingly. Eddie Howe has already said FFP is a concern and the noises out of Villa Park is this window they can only loan players.

The landscape has and is altering significantly with FFP/Sustainability rules. I said last summer on here Everton would get a points deduction as a warning to the rest, Forest will get one next as a further warning and all clubs (even United and Chelsea with buckets of cash) have to adhere to the rules. Even City to an extent, it’s why Cole Palmer was sold, he’d apparently been told no more loans either stay or be sold.
You misunderstand the point.

FFP will mean it is even more important to exploit all possibilities: allowed losses/ground expansion to increase matchday and commercial revenues/aiming for European qualification for increased broadcast and prize money.

This is what my three examples of Villa, Newcastle and West Ham have embraced. Sure there are risks and there will be periods of retrenchment, but the alternative will inevitably end in decline and relegation as a club finds itself being stripped of its better players, and unable to attract similar.

There isnt, in fact, much choice about it. For example, Wolves will need to show ambition in the close season or otherwise will have to go through a period of starting again, and the best players looking for a way out. Now is precisely the time to show ambition, and that
will probably involve the extra investment allowed by the regulations.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He would cost a lot less

His highlights video on YT is, lets say, underwhelming. Give me Durosinmi (sp ?) any time.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He would cost a lot less

He could well be plan Z....if all else fails....

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would probably be the right price under normal circumstances.

But a January window, with very little activity? Not many strikers kicking around with a proven record of scoring goals in the PL.

I'd imagine most bottom half clubs would be in for him. That demand drives up the price Southampton can ask for.
That's all good but put it this way let's say his contract wasn't running out in the summer what would you expect the fee to be?
Let's not forget his value has also not just decreased because of his contract situation but also because he hasn't been a starter every week for a Championship side or scored a lot of goals..

Southampton can demand and drive the price up I'm pretty sure they won't be getting 6 million for him...

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's all good but put it this way let's say his contract wasn't running out in the summer what would you expect the fee to be?
Let's not forget his value has also not just decreased because of his contract situation but also because he hasn't been a starter every week for a Championship side or scored a lot of goals..

Southampton can demand and drive the price up I'm pretty sure they won't be getting 6 million for him...

Probably £12-15m?

Back
Top Bottom