Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hugo v Che - you choose .

Who would you want us to sign this month

• Hugo

Votes: 121 64.0%
  • Che

Votes: 41 21.7%
  • Someone Else .

Votes: 27 14.3%

• Total voters

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we had one signing which would you want most ?
Both with different attributes.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see us signing Che Adams as we will have to pay for him in January......The accounts will probably want the loan option of Hugo......so it may not be as simple as who wants to be here ....

Short term option probably Che Adams maybe a better pick....

Long term potential 100% Hugo Ekitike..

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Short term Che
hugo is an interesting prospect but don’t think he’d be coming straight into the team

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see us signing Che Adams as we will have to pay for him in January......The accounts will probably want the loan option of Hugo......so it may not be as simple as who wants to be here ....

Short term option probably Che Adams maybe a better pick....

Long term potential 100% Hugo Ekitike..
This January is the same accounts year as we sold Neves , Coady, Jimmy , Traore, Collins. and Nunes. And those salaries came off the books along with Costa and Moutinho .

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d probably go for Ekitike, but in truth I know nothing about him! Slightly worried he is so young and unwanted by psg. Could turn out another Silva. Although he sounds more pacy and naturally a fit for the 9 role in our team. He’d likely take a while to settle in though.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d probably go for Ekitike, but in truth I know nothing about him! Slightly worried he is so young and unwanted by psg. Could turn out another Silva. Although he sounds more pacy and naturally a fit for the 9 role in our team. He’d likely take a while to settle in though.
Spot on , it’s could be emperor's new clothes all over again. Guedes, Trincao and Silva even Cutrone .
How many fans have seen him play or even read his record and compared it to Che Adams.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Either short term, Adams wouldn't be a long term solution. If either signs for us, can't see them getting many minutes, neither will get in front of Neto, Hwang, Cunha or Sarabia, maybe not even in front of Bellegarde.
At least if it's Ekitike, he's young enough for GON to work with.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really think people are under estimating Che Adams (probably the same people who vastly over estimate some of our own), he’s nowhere near as bad as folk are making out. He’s not by any means an exceptional player but he would improve us and he has the attributes that GON seemingly likes in a forward. On the right deal (fee and wages), I’d definitely take him.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d add re Che his goal scoring at premier league level would be circa 10 goals a season over a 38 game season which isn’t a bad return at all when you think he’s played for a fairly awful premier league team and consistently up top on his own.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on , it’s could be emperor's new clothes all over again. Guedes, Trincao and Silva even Cutrone .
How many fans have seen him play or even read his record and compared it to Che Adams.
Adams. Go with a proven PL player
and if it is? there's no point in just signing bang average Premier League players with bang average Premier League records because guess what, they make you bang average! If that's the limit of your ambition then fine but I'd prefer to sign potentially top quality players and see some of them fail in order to find the one or two that come good and make you a much more dangerous and better team.

Following this logic we would never have signed Neves and Jota in the Championship and would have signed Robert Snodgrass, Jordan Rhodes and Johnny Howson instead. Or instead of Raul and Neto we would have got Patrick Bamford and Andros Townsend

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For me someone else > Adams >> Ekitike

Be interested to know how many voting for Ekitike have actually seen him play? Like another ‘35m striker’ we’re all familiar with, I have my doubts he’s i) good enough, ii) he’d fit into how we want to play and iii) he’d settle in quickly enough to have much of an impact this season but what do I know. His first touch isn’t the greatest to put it mildly.

Che Adams would be ok as a stop-gap this season and would probably chip in with a few goals and have resale value at least equivalent to what we’d have to pay. That said, I can’t get that miss from 2 yards out of my head from last season where he headed against his hand. Up there with one of the worst misses I’ve ever seen.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d add re Che his goal scoring at premier league level would be circa 10 goals a season over a 38 game season which isn’t a bad return at all when you think he’s played for a fairly awful premier league team and consistently up top on his own.
If we can get him cheap then it’s the ideal situation

Hobbs is going to play the waiting game and that will prove a sensible decision no doubt

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
and if it is? there's no point in just signing bang average Premier League players with bang average Premier League records because guess what, they make you bang average! If that's the limit of your ambition then fine but I'd prefer to sign potentially top quality players and see some of them fail in order to find the one or two that come good and make you a much more dangerous and better team.

Following this logic we would never have signed Neves and Jota in the Championship and would have signed Robert Snodgrass, Jordan Rhodes and Johnny Howson instead. Or instead of Raul and Neto we would have got Patrick Bamford and Andros Townsend

But then again, sensible signings also can me you better, For example Lemina and Dawson last January.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me someone else > Adams >> Ekitike

Be interested to know how many voting for Ekitike have actually seen him play? Like another ‘35m striker’ we’re all familiar with, I have my doubts he’s i) good enough, ii) he’d fit into how we want to play and iii) he’d settle in quickly enough to have much of an impact this season but what do I know. His first touch isn’t the greatest to put it mildly.

Che Adams would be ok as a stop-gap this season and would probably chip in with a few goals and have resale value at least equivalent to what we’d have to pay. That said, I can’t get that miss from 2 yards out of my head from last season where he headed against his hand. Up there with one of the worst misses I’ve ever seen.

Did you watch Palmer against Boro the other night? I don’t think anyone would turn their nose up at him, but he missed two open goals from point blank range, and he is (or was) on top form. I wouldn’t get too worked up about the Adams miss is my point. It happens to the best forwards occasionally.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely no idea who Ekiteke is, people are just getting excited because he's from PSG.

At least we know Adams scores goals at this level.

Not every signing needs to be a glamourous foreign import who needs a season to get up to speed - there's alot to be said for players with Premier League experience, see Lemina and Dawson. Hardly signings to get the fans excited, but have been absolutely incredible.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chavez or Guevara ? Difficult choice. Probably Starmer on the basis that he is, just about, alive.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
in that we will be losing one of neto, hwang or cuhna in the next year so Che comes in now as solid cover/backup/hit the ground running, hugo gets experience and up to speed for next season with less pressure

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Adams might potentially offer more in the second half of this season, but in the mid to long term Ekitike surely would be more of a Fosun signing (in a good way!).

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely no idea who Ekiteke is, people are just getting excited because he's from PSG.

At least we know Adams scores goals at this level.

Not every signing needs to be a glamourous foreign import who needs a season to get up to speed - there's alot to be said for players with Premier League experience, see Lemina and Dawson. Hardly signings to get the fans excited, but have been absolutely incredible.
I agree with this especially where we are currently. In my mind if we sign a forward now it’s for the “here and now” and someone who can hit the ground running. Adam’s isn’t a glamorous signing but he’ll need no time to adjust to the pace and physicality of English football. He’s got the GON forward requirements in that he’s pacey, aggressive and presses hard. The more I think about it the more I’m on board (on the right deal in our favour).

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see the reasoning and I’d agree with it but I can’t see Fosun sanctioning both. It would be a big risk financially especially as there’s nothing to say both Sasa and Fabio don’t end up back here in the summer without moves.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why does everyone assume we will get Che Adams cheap..... Southampton won't be that desperate for 5m, when they are in a promotion battle.....I reckon it would take 10m at least to get him... especially if Southampton think we are desperate...

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why does everyone assume we will get Che Adams cheap..... Southampton won't be that desperate for 5m, when they are in a promotion battle.....I reckon it would take 10m at least to get him... especially if Southampton think we are desperate...
You’re probably right but who knows. They’ll have their own targets and their own issues around squad/ffp. He also might not want a move and would rather leave on a free in the summer which would maximise both his signing on fee and wages. I imagine his agent will be suggesting the latter to him!

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t understand the Che Adams opinion that he will do for us, this is a selection of the most recent posts on the last page of a Saints forum.

He’s one of the main reasons we went down, and he’ll be one of the main reasons we may fail to get back up. His race is run and it would be better all round if he moved on and we got somebody else in.
Definitely should sell him next window while people don't realise how ****e he is

I assumed he either has a drug habit or is being blackmailed. Never a huge fan but dropped off noticeably

He looked better yesterday, then I checked the date, only a month to go before the window opens. He's been hopeless the rest of the time. Just unload him for what we can get.

His ability to miss easy chances has always been second to none so I don't think anything has really happened to him. I did think we'd see an an improvement having dropped down a league and the early games indicated this would be the case. For whatever reason - most likely the fact he expected not to be here and didn't want to be - the improvement hasn't happened. Best for all parties (except maybe the team that signs him) if he goes in January.

Really looked like he was going through the motions to me. One of those players who can look busy by chasing around but the intent and endeavour just never seemed to be there. I hope he's off in January and I'll laugh my **** off if he ends up back in the PL.

What Premier League team would want him?
I hope we’ve withdrawn our contract offer.

I’m not s massive Che fan but some of the dissent v him isway OTT. I heard a bunch of groans every time the ball was even near Che.

Personally I think we should unload him for whatever we can get.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re probably right but who knows. They’ll have their own targets and their own issues around squad/ffp. He also might not want a move and would rather leave on a free in the summer which would maximise both his signing on fee and wages. I imagine his agent will be suggesting the latter to him!
Would think with there summer sales , Southampton won't have FFP concerns ...

As I say , I can't see us paying a fee upfront for someone, which may rule Che Adams out....

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would think with there summer sales , Southampton won't have FFP concerns ...

As I say , I can't see us paying a fee upfront for someone, which may rule Che Adams out....
I think there’s the potential to pay a fee, but a small(ish) one. As you say there is no guarantee of a sensible fee for Adams so it could well be one we walk away from. This is always a difficult winter market for recruiting a forward as not many clubs want to lose forwards who are starters, or getting game time. Hence why Sasa and Fabio were easier deals for clubs because they weren’t getting game time.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t understand the Che Adams opinion that he will do for us, this is a selection of the most recent posts on the last page of a Saints forum.

He’s one of the main reasons we went down, and he’ll be one of the main reasons we may fail to get back up. His race is run and it would be better all round if he moved on and we got somebody else in.
Definitely should sell him next window while people don't realise how ****e he is

I assumed he either has a drug habit or is being blackmailed. Never a huge fan but dropped off noticeably

He looked better yesterday, then I checked the date, only a month to go before the window opens. He's been hopeless the rest of the time. Just unload him for what we can get.

His ability to miss easy chances has always been second to none so I don't think anything has really happened to him. I did think we'd see an an improvement having dropped down a league and the early games indicated this would be the case. For whatever reason - most likely the fact he expected not to be here and didn't want to be - the improvement hasn't happened. Best for all parties (except maybe the team that signs him) if he goes in January.

Really looked like he was going through the motions to me. One of those players who can look busy by chasing around but the intent and endeavour just never seemed to be there. I hope he's off in January and I'll laugh my **** off if he ends up back in the PL.

What Premier League team would want him?
I hope we’ve withdrawn our contract offer.

I’m not s massive Che fan but some of the dissent v him isway OTT. I heard a bunch of groans every time the ball was even near Che.

Personally I think we should unload him for whatever we can get.

Fans (myself included) have said the same of many of our players. Sarabia, Cunha & Hwang have all been deemed not good enough on here - now look at them.

I offered to drive Semedo to United when there were rumours of a swap with Wan Bissaka, but he's been brilliant this season.

Perhaps Adams isn't putting in 100% effort because he's been denied a move?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there’s the potential to pay a fee, but a small(ish) one. As you say there is no guarantee of a sensible fee for Adams so it could well be one we walk away from. This is always a difficult winter market for recruiting a forward as not many clubs want to lose forwards who are starters, or getting game time. Hence why Sasa and Fabio were easier deals for clubs because they weren’t getting game time.
The reality is to put us in a position to get someone in, even on loan we had to take the deals early for Fabio and Saza , as we probably couldn't gamble on them happening, had we waited...I suspect....

I just can't see Che Adams being the cheap option everybody is thinking...

I don't think the fee will be as high for Etikike as some are thinking and I don't think the fee will be as low for Che as some are making out....

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have voted for Che Adams, simply because we can't afford another £20m waster and I don't think the PSG kid is that keen to join.

Adams is nowhere near as bad as people make out, I think he would fit right in with the squad and GON, so I think there is far less chance of him failing. Sign him on a 3 year deal and he can be on the bench while Frasier gets some experience next season on loan.

At the end of the day Hobbs will do his due diligence on the PSG kid, if they think he can adapt and really wants to come then fine, but I just think the added certainty Adams brings is valuable in our current situation - I also think he does have some resale for the next year or two.

Not as exciting but a solid pro with proven prem experience.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I have voted for Che Adams, simply because we can't afford another £20m waster and I don't think the PSG kid is that keen to join.

Adams is nowhere near as bad as people make out, I think he would fit right in with the squad and GON, so I think there is far less chance of him failing. Sign him on a 3 year deal and he can be on the bench while Frasier gets some experience next season on loan.

At the end of the day Hobbs will do his due diligence on the PSG kid, if they think he can adapt and really wants to come then fine, but I just think the added certainty Adams brings is valuable in our current situation - I also think he does have some resale for the next year or two.

Agree

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Adams just doesn't score anywhere near enough goals for me. He's 27 and broken double figures twice in his entire career and that was in League 1 and the Championship. He's never got more than 9 in the Premier League and that's as a regular starter. He reminds me of a Kenwyne Jones, Hugo Rodellaga type. A nothing budget striker for mid-lower league teams.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adams just doesn't score anywhere near enough goals for me. He's 27 and broken double figures twice in his entire career and that was in League 1 and the Championship. He's never got more than 9 in the Premier League and that's as a regular starter. He reminds me of a Kenwyne Jones, Hugo Rodellaga type. A nothing budget striker for mid-lower league teams.
In his defence he played the majority of his premier league Southampton career in a woeful team playing up front on his own.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Matt Hobbs helps stating that we have to buy better than we have . The old excuse by Moxey for no one.
Fans immediately think better than Hwang, Sarabia ,Cunha Neto and that is not happening . They will cost far too much.
If he means better than what’s left on the bench well that’s not much to beat. And we could get anyone in for around £5 million who would improve the squad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom