Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

João Moutinho

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They all posted farewells on the eve of them joining new clubs.
Moutinho's farewell means nothing to me as he should have showed up for the last two games and been involved in the lap of honour. He disrespected the fans.
I‘m not sure h’d disrespect the fans…….not his style.
Maybe there’s was a lot of toxicity within the club.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being specifically told to stay away by a chino clad ego maniac?

Being too emotional (a la Neves)

Being at the hospital having treatment

Rescuing a cat for an elderly lady for whom the fire brigade have not arrived

Severe stomach disorder

Needing to be home to receive an urgent parcel

Having only 24 hours to thwart a terrorist plot by going rogue

You’re at the last chapter of a really good book

Your neighbours wife is about to give birth and you have to rush her to the hospital

A Golden Oriel has appeared in your garden and you need to photograph it

The Simpsons is on

You’re unsure if you’re staying or going, you feel the efforts you’ve put into playing for Wolves are thank you enough to the fans / you’ve released a 25m video on YouTube of your best bits repeatedly thanking and praising the fans, you’re really not into goodbyes as you find them too emotional and you’ve also just had a stand up screaming match with your **** of a Spanish manager who refuses to let you play as you told him to stop mouthing off about the club in the press?

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 of the greatest ever players to play for wolves were snubbed and belittled by that Muppet lopetegui.
Thanks Mouthinio, I often watched you warm up before a match , such intensity and skill , if only the youngsters put the effort in you did .

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Severe stomach disorder

Your neighbours wife is about to give birth and you have to rush her to the hospital

The Simpsons is on

You’re unsure if you’re staying or going, you feel the efforts you’ve put into playing for Wolves are thank you enough to the fans / you’ve released a 25m video on YouTube of your best bits repeatedly thanking and praising the fans, you’re really not into goodbyes as you find them too emotional and you’ve also just had a stand up screaming match with your **** of a Spanish manager who refuses to let you play as you told him to stop mouthing off about the club in the press?
Oh right. So there are some excuses, then.

Cheers!!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Severe stomach disorder

The Simpsons is on

Aah something else that’s Julens fault then

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aah something else that’s Julens fault then
I think we have exactly as much basis to ‘blame’ Julen as we do Mouts or indeed the Golden Oriel… ie. Zero. We don’t know what went on and likely never will.

This rush to ‘cancel’ Moutinho because he didn’t wave at us on (with zero facts or context) cue is pathetic and just screams the modern ‘me, me, me’ snowflake, faux outrage culture.

One missed wave > years of loyal (and brilliant) service

Utterly, utterly self indulgent and pathetic

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Severe stomach disorder

The Simpsons is on

Without doubt one of the most amusing replies I’ve seen on here.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
I think for me I’m not angry just sad he didn’t do the lap of honour not because I see it as a snub to the fans it was more so the opportunity was missed to show Moutinho how much he was adored.

Everyone seemed to know that he was leaving and it would’ve been nice to have given him a few renditions of his song. Feels to me that would’ve given a proper closure to a fantastic player who was sublime at times and gave his all for our wonderful club.

Guess that makes me a soft silly old sod :)

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we have exactly as much basis to ‘blame’ Julen as we do Mouts or indeed the Golden Oriel… ie. Zero. We don’t know what went on and likely never will.

This rush to ‘cancel’ Moutinho because he didn’t wave at us on (with zero facts or context) cue is pathetic and just screams the modern ‘me, me, me’ snowflake, faux outrage culture.

I'm old enough to remember the rage when Jota didn't post an immediate goodbye message in insta

Turned out he was readying a sentimental video montage a couple of days later

And still he got booed on his return. For a player who gave his all in old gold and by all accounts never wanted to leave

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jimenez could have easily stayed and sulked in the dressing room after not coming on. I appreciated it he joined the others, no excuse from Moutinho not to do it .

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where did I say any of that? FFS it was disappointing that he didn’t do the lap of honour that’s all.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jimenez could have easily stayed and sulked in the dressing room after not coming on. I appreciated it he joined the others, no excuse from Moutinho not to do it .
So Moutinho stayed and sulked in the dressing room did he?

loppers86

Reaction score
Those who like to throw stones at Mendes for bringing us overpriced rubbish should remember that he brought us a 31-year old Joao Moutinho for the paltry sum of £5m.

Joao was amazing, until he wasn’t as time caught up with him. To be fair I was never sure that pairing him with Neves was the right combination, but the opportunity to have him play for us was obviously something we had to grab. And in the first few seasons, he really was special.

Thanks for those good times Joao. Good luck with what comes next.
For the first couple of years after we signed him all the big six we’re frightened to play us, thinking we could be a banana skin for them.

That’s how good he was.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No excuse? You've seen Kebab's list I'm assuming, there must be one at least that would satisfy, no?
Personally I'm going with the golden oriel.

loppers86

Reaction score
The way he left was the epitome of ‘small-time’. It seems out of character for him too.

nevertheless - great player for us and great player overall!

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still find it strange he's never put out a statement just to thank us fans....

Was a midfielder on his day, but did take a lot of flack on here.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My favourite Wolves player of my lifetime.... after Bully.
The most technically gifted footballer to don the old gold in my lifetime, IMO.
Shame how things ended, but will always have legendary status in my household, regardless.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£5 million was spent to bring him in and fans didn’t really expect a great deal, with Moutinho already 31 years old at that point.

Headsgone from that article!

Back
Top Bottom