Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What’s Nuno doing these days??

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed and it was not just your post I was commenting on, just the general trend to read the circumstances in a way that puts our feelings and emotions, as supporters into the unknown motivation of these involved. What if Nuno had issues with the club that were totally selfish and nothing to do with progress or availability of players? What if he told the club they would be better settling for mid-table and  they couldn't take  his lack of ambition? We will never know.
I'd say that scenario is far less likely, but overall that's a very fair point, and yes I'm probably as guilty as any of projecting my feelings onto my interpretation of what goes on.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed and it was not just your post I was commenting on, just the general trend to read the circumstances in a way that puts our feelings and emotions, as supporters into the unknown motivation of these involved. What if Nuno had issues with the club that were totally selfish and nothing to do with progress or availability of players? What if he told the club they would be better settling for mid-table and  they couldn't take  his lack of ambition? We will never know.

He’s hardly been indubdated with offers of top jobs since

His stock was high in 2019 but what seems most likely is he couldn’t adapt, it was noted by the football powers that be.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was still in hiding from his tottenham disaster

:rolleyes:

Nuno manager record at Tottenham in 2021/22 season

Games managed 17: Won 9, Lost 7, Drew 1 (Win percentage 52.94%)

Nuno Premier League record at Tottenham?

Games managed 10: Won 5, Lost 5 (Win Percentage 50%)- 9 Goals For; 16 Goals Against

Bruno 41.46% win

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you not just acknowledge that he lost 40 goals with Jota and Doherty gone and Jiminez and Neto injured??

You don’t think that was significant??

You don’t think in those circumstances he was entitled to grind out some wins, which he was forced to do to keep us up??

Here’s one for you… how bad was the football in our first two seasons back in the Premiership??
With Mick they were bloody awful :)

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would Nuno take us any further with the same system and different players? I’m not convinced

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I love Nuno, it would be a massive backward step to ask him to come back.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes we did then but Nuno gave us the exact opposite a bit later, the most boring unimaginative football you could ever see. I doubt even Fosun who know as much about football as my nan whose a long time dead would contemplate such a backward step.
Fosun pulled the plug during covid forcing ("self sufficiency, young and hungry") and Nuno had to get even more defensive. I think he made a couple transfer mistakes but Fosun didn't find the push necessary to follow up Europa. That's not all on Nuno.

Nige

Reaction score
Yes we did then but Nuno gave us the exact opposite a bit later, the most boring unimaginative football you could ever see. I doubt even Fosun who know as much about football as my nan whose a long time dead would contemplate such a backward step.
So how do you explain Bruno !!! More excitement when the alarm goes off in the morning

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno fell out with the management. He won’t be coming back

Which I guess was essentially why he was sacked. We should all know by now it wasnt because of the results or the football, especially of Lage is still here next season.
And no, I dont really put all blame on Lage. But if the club were serious about changing the style of play, then surely we shouldve seen a serious overhaul last summer, and 1-2 more mobile midfielders added.

Back
Top Bottom