Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham United Football Club verdict

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
you’re missing something here, we don’t have the players available to tweak
That’s the problem.

The solution tactically yesterday would have been to put some pace in behind and pin them back or at least make them drop deeper. We don’t have any option like that however.

Another game which Jeff shi has cost us with his incompetent running of a football club

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least he has spoken on the subject and made clear that the officials have had a huge impact on our season. I also took interest in the part where he say, ‘For the other challenges, such as injuries to key attacking players and squad depth, the club can always keep learning and progressing every season.’
Let’s hope he’s true to his word and it gets fixed this summer.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least he has spoken on the subject and made clear that the officials have had a huge impact on our season. I also took interest in the part where he say, ‘For the other challenges, such as injuries to key attacking players and squad depth, the club can always keep learning and progressing every season.’
Yea, it’s a good piece by Jeff but one (transfers and squad depth) that will undoubtedly be used against him if we don’t have a good summer window.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“If your knowledge and understanding of the game is really poor, you could reach the conclusion that it’s offside." - Gary O'Neil
mortal-kombat-11-brutality.jpg

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
i don’t see that comparison at all. Lage underperformed with a talented squad and had no man management skills.
GON is over performing with a small squad and does have those skills?
I think it's true that Lage had poor man management skills, he was actually too cerebral I think and didn't really get the whole motivational side of the game. However in terms of his squad let's not forget (although I wish I could) his last game against West Ham, when we played Guedes on his own up top with a back 3 of Kilman, Neves and Jonny! Maybe he could have used other options, be we were short of options then too.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, but I think there are reasons to be positive that we will have a good summer.
Me too, I think the realisation now seems to be there that we are where we are and need to move a “big one” on to build other areas. There seem enough people with their heads screwed on (Hobbs and GON mainly) making decisions now. A lot of it, for me, is how much of the sales Fosun let us keep to spend - so far the signs are encouraging but when there’s £50m to keep it could be a different story.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably said in just such a way that it won't ruffle the featers sufficiently to change anything or to penalise him for saying it either. I would like to hope it is followed up by a formal letter. Time to nail our colours to the mast.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Hobbs got fined didn’t he for swearing at the ref at the last controversial decision
Glad Jeff has now raised it why should we keep putting up with **** decisions ?

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Woke up still proper ****ed off at the captain for giving away such a pathetic penalty out of nothing.

If you can't sit and soak even that modicum of pressure then you won't win.

Once rayan went out,.wolves had actually zero dynamic players. Cunha is way off the boil at the moment...

Smh. To win that would have been doing Moyes proper. You can't get more than a half on pure game plan like that.

Imagine if Wolves also shipped normal goals on top of the braindead bull**** some of these lads manage to spin up out of thin air.

Damn it.

MIKE SLATER

Groupie
Reaction score
People are saying O'Neil should have rotated the squad more to avoid injuries. Perhaps he thought Wolves would add to the squad in January (he hasn't been here long). Besides, if he had rested Neto, Cunha and Hwang more, our results would not have been so good.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Hobbs got fined didn’t he for swearing at the ref at the last controversial decision
Glad Jeff has now raised it why should we keep putting up with **** decisions ?
Was saying this on the way home last night. They literally make it an obligation for managers to do interviews after the match, then ask them about ridiculous decisions they've been on the receiving end of, then fine them for saying they've been robbed.

If they get fined for calling them incompetent that's wrong, although behaving aggressively though or implying corruption is out of order.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But has he learned anything though?

As he said in his open letter at the start of the season he had made mistakes with the squad planning.

So he knew then he made mistakes, was told
By the gaffer we need additions to protect them and he did nothing……..

also isn’t the first time in his reign we have had the injury bug bite us and we have been left short. Granted, not as bad as this season.

Went multiple games into a season without a striker after letting Fabio go knowing Raul was injured…… showed no urgency to fix that issue at the time.

Doesn’t suggest much if any learning has taken place to date……

WinchWolf

Reaction score
He was not preventing Fabianski from playing the ball because Fabianski was not in a position to play it -- he was nowhere near it. Read the law.
And surely he only becomes offside once Kilman has headed it.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But has he learned anything though?

As he said in his open letter at the start of the season he had made mistakes with the squad planning.

So he knew then he made mistakes, was told
By the gaffer we need additions to protect them and he did nothing……..

also isn’t the first time in his reign we have had the injury bug bite us and we have been left short. Granted, not as bad as this season.

Went multiple games into a season without a striker after letting Fabio go knowing Raul was injured…… showed no urgency to fix that issue at the time.

Doesn’t suggest much if any learning has taken place to date……
Think the biggest issue with this is the financial constraints to comply with the rules that others have flouted and largely got away with because of how poor the bottom 3 are. I always keep in mind the Jeff Shi is also answerable to people above him and we don’t know what the message is from there. I guess I’m just saying let’s wait and see what summer window brings with all that’s been said recently.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not long got home and after years of all this travel it does make me consider whether it is worth it. I'm sure it has all been said on here, so I won't repeat others. The first half was great, but the second half was not so; our own mistakes were our downfall. Despite that, we still should have drawn. I just felt so sick of it all at the final whistle. I could have accepted it more if the game had just petered out and ended in defeat.

Although in the big scheme of things I don't think the result really matters, as with other results, Europe would be a very long shot, I can't remember feeling so deflated after a game for a long time. It's a lot of money for the ticket and the travel, and for it to be ruined by yet another baffling VAR / referee decision is just a punch in the gut. Couldn't bear to listen to the Arsenal commentary or 606 on the way home, was just sick of football. I don't know any football fan who is now in favour of VAR. I think, in the past, people thought it could be tweaked or changed, or maybe better referee training, but everyone is just tired of it now and wants it gone. Bleugh.
Sounds like it was a long day for you, WB.
Don't call it a day pal, as there's always a stunning victory (VAR allowing) around the corner.
It does test your will though, that's for sure and this season we've been metaphorically kicked in the balls more times than any other season I can remember.
I'm just thinking that the law of averages can't deal us the same cards come next season.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like it was a long day for you, WB.
Don't call it a day pal, as there's always a stunning victory (VAR allowing) around the corner.
It does test your will though, that's for sure and this season we've been metaphorically kicked in the balls more times than any other season I can remember.
I'm just thinking that the law of averages can't deal us the same cards come next season.

We have been done over by VAR more than benefiting from it every season since it came in……

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff opinions on the refereeing arent that noteworthy as he has no control on this .
Its his opinion on WWFC past errors, squad depth and balance that are vital.

Back
Top Bottom