Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Ipswich.

Would LOVE them to go up automatically for so many reasons. Still can't see it but they've got a lot about them.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3-2 now. I miss the Championship sometimes
Definitely a more exciting league in terms of the gap (or not) in quality between the sides and that it’s really closely contested which means a good run can get you in the mix quite quickly.

Quality is not there though. Interesting that Wilder was saying that the PL has broken some of his players as the league is so brutal, unforgiving and elite.

Says a lot about GON’s and the team’s achievements this season

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
Definitely a more exciting league in terms of the gap (or not) in quality between the sides and that it’s really closely contested which means a good run can get you in the mix quite quickly.

Quality is not there though. Interesting that Wilder was saying that the PL has broken some of his players as the league is so brutal, unforgiving and elite.

Says a lot about GON’s and the team’s achievements this season
There’s just 2 points between Sheffield Wednesday in 23rd and Plymouth in 16th and Wednesday are only 6 points behind Watford in 11th. As you say there may not be the quality but it’s certainly more competitive

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bottom of the championship is looking interesting. Just 2 points separates Plymouth in 16th to Sheffield Wednesday in 23rd. The Owls looked doomed not too long ago
6 points from 12th to 23rd. Mental. Three different battles going on in the Championship - 4 teams competing for top 2, 5 teams competing for 5th and 6th, and 13(!) teams potentially at risk of relegation.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
6 points from 12th to 23rd. Mental. Three different battles going on in the Championship - 4 teams competing for top 2, 5 teams competing for 5th and 6th, and 13(!) teams potentially at risk of relegation.
No mid table mediocrity for anyone .

Even Sunderland on 47 have lost 5 on the spin and Cardiff do too but has a good run .

Last edited:

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see the scummy Albion are live on Sky again tonight. It seems this hooligan riddled club are becoming the darlings of Sky since they shamed the footballing world a few weeks ago….

It is ridiculous the amount of times they have been on. Six times since the start of February league wise is a farce, as well as an insult to other championship clubs. They are live TV coverage wise the Man Utd of the Championship with the similarity being both are an irreverence to the top 4 in both leagues and neither is going to have anything to celebrate at the end of the season. The difference I do get as to why United are always on is there are millions ' ants ' who follow Manure while to use the insect theme, Albion are followed by a few dung beetles !!!!!!!!

Albion were apparently also on live on Sunday January 28th. I do not recall them being on, my memories of that glorious day were of a Wolves team conducting a training session where they passed through concrete bollards that had Tesco carrier bags sellotaped to them !!!!!!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great advert. Ipswich will be stronger than sheff utd 100%
It would be difficult for any promoted team to be weaker than SU. They've conceded 72 goals in 27 matches of which we got 1!!! Won 3 time (once against us) and were fighting each other at Molineux a few weeks ago.
Derby has the record for the fewest points in the Prem (11), but I even think they were better than SU. Can SU get more than Sunderland (15), Huddersfield (16) or Villa (17)?
Burnley not much better and we all thought Luton would be the weakest of last seasons promoted clubs.!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ipswich Town have only lost 4 league games, which is incredible in that league.

I have a soft spot for Ipswich, and have ever since Bobby Robson built that wonderfully exciting team at Portman Road.
Ideally, if Carlsberg did the Championship as it stands, I would want Ipswich as Champions and Southampton Runners-Up. Leaving Leicester, Leeds, the scum, and A.N. Other in the Play Offs.

Then hoping 'A.N. Other' win the Play Offs.....

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be difficult for any promoted team to be weaker than SU. They've conceded 72 goals in 27 matches of which we got 1!!! Won 3 time (once against us) and were fighting each other at Molineux a few weeks ago.
Derby has the record for the fewest points in the Prem (11), but I even think they were better than SU. Can SU get more than Sunderland (15), Huddersfield (16) or Villa (17)?
Burnley not much better and we all thought Luton would be the weakest of last seasons promoted clubs.!

That is harsh on Wolves, we have scored two goals against the watertight Blades defence.. :)

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ideally, if Carlsberg did the Championship as it stands, I would want Ipswich as Champions and Southampton Runners-Up. Leaving Leicester, Leeds, the scum, and A.N. Other in the Play Offs.

Then hoping 'A.N. Other' win the Play Offs.....

I think Southampton have left themselves a bit too much to do, those two home defeats in a week harmed their automatic hopes. Though many observers say they are the best footballing team in the championship, but as we all know, it is about a lot more than just ability in that division.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ipswich Town have only lost 4 league games, which is incredible in that league.

I have a soft spot for Ipswich, and have ever since Bobby Robson built that wonderfully exciting team at Portman Road.

What a team that was with names that even for non-Ipswich followers are easy to recall Mick Mills, George Burley, Russell Osman, Terry Butcher, Kevin Beattie, John Wark, Frans Thijssen, Arnold Muhren, Paul Mariner, Eric Gates and Alan Brazil.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a team that was with names that even for non-Ipswich followers are easy to recall Mick Mills, George Burley, Russell Osman, Terry Butcher, Kevin Beattie, John Wark, Frans Thijssen, Arnold Muhren, Paul Mariner, Eric Gates and Alan Brazil.
They beat the Nazis too although they had help from Pele and Rambo in goal.

Youngsters will think I'm making that up but it is verified FACT.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he’s got good quality but he is past his best years. That’s what we are relying on
If you’re saying this because he can’t run…then don’t worry about it, that’s what the rest of the forward players are for.
One of England’s genuinely best fairly recent performance was demolishing Spain away in was it the nations league?
Kane kept coming short, and playing in Rashford and Sterling running beyond him.
Bellingham, Foden, Saka wouod all be more than happy to do that. They’ve also got the technical ability to frighten opponents, and hold onto the ball long enough for carthorse Kane to get back in the box to finish.
You might think he’s past his best, but if a solid gold, half or even a sniff of a chance were to fall to any England player, I’d want it to be Kane.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I left at half time against Man Utd in 2012 when we were losing 3-0 and down to 10 men. Mainly because I hate Manure and couldn't stand watching us being humiliated by them.
Zubar sent off was it? If so, the atmosphere was actually pretty good that day. Went into full self-deprecation mode.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They beat the Nazis too although they had help from Pele and Rambo in goal.

Youngsters will think I'm making that up but it is verified FACT.
I was about to say half that team played alongside Sylvester Stallone, Michael Caine, Pele, Ossy Ardiles, Bobby Moore etc...

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never forgiven them for letting Villa win the League and in turn allowing them to win the European Cup.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you’re saying this because he can’t run…then don’t worry about it, that’s what the rest of the forward players are for.
One of England’s genuinely best fairly recent performance was demolishing Spain away in was it the nations league?
Kane kept coming short, and playing in Rashford and Sterling running beyond him.
Bellingham, Foden, Saka wouod all be more than happy to do that. They’ve also got the technical ability to frighten opponents, and hold onto the ball long enough for carthorse Kane to get back in the box to finish.
You might think he’s past his best, but if a solid gold, half or even a sniff of a chance were to fall to any England player, I’d want it to be Kane.
Kane is a good player but I just don’t see him as world class where the likes of Foden and Bellingham are

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's definitely world class. You don't score that many goals at the highest level without being world class. His passing and vision is also brilliant.
Most of them penalties like Rooney and when it comes to the big stage he’s blown it in every final for England and spurs he’s not world class. World class players win trophies probably before your 26 he’s getting old not the player he was 5 years ago. If he wins the cup and proves me wrong so be it. Tap in merchant if you ask me. Rooney was the same couldn’t do it on the big stage for England. Shearer probably 5 times the player of Kane different era can’t really compare. Scoring against noddy teams is what players like Nketiah are good at and Watkins. Same for Kane. The fact he’s never won anything is rather telling really. His work rate isn’t the best. We must look to the future and that’s Watkins hate to say it.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's definitely world class. You don't score that many goals at the highest level without being world class. His passing and vision is also brilliant.
He's also contributed to Bayern, trophy winners pretty well every season, having what is likely to be a trophy drought.

For the more superstitious mixers;Rime_of_the_Ancient_Mariner-Albatross-Dore.jpg

Harry, looking down on his Bayern colleagues, (metaphorically speaking).

Tomas has already jumped into the drink.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kane is a good player but I just don’t see him as world class where the likes of Foden and Bellingham are
Ok. List CFs better than him in the world right now. Haaland and Osihmen are the only ones in the conversation.
He made it clear he was leaving Tottenham, who were after him? City and Bayern (Madrid would have been after him if not still chasing Mbappe and committed €100m on Bellingham).
He’s gone to a completely dysfunctional Bayern team and is still on course to beat the goal scoring record.
He’s different class. Thoroughly unlikeable whinging ******, but he’s an elite level poacher that also has the passing range of someone like Neves.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm defending him, but ask Arsenal how Kane is in big matches.

Bellingham and especially Foden also play stacked positions. Kane plays a position that only has a few players who can really be counted as even vaguely in his bracket....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok. List CFs better than him in the world right now. Haaland and Osihmen are the only ones in the conversation.
He made it clear he was leaving Tottenham, who were after him? City and Bayern (Madrid would have been after him if not still chasing Mbappe and committed €100m on Bellingham).
He’s gone to a completely dysfunctional Bayern team and is still on course to beat the goal scoring record.
He’s different class. Thoroughly unlikeable whinging ******, but he’s an elite level poacher that also has the passing range of someone like Neves.
I’m not saying Kane is rubbish. I just don’t think he’s world class. I hope he proves me wrong this summer. He’s a goal scorer no doubt. But compare him to aguero who would you rather have in their prime? Aguero was a winner. Haaland on his day at the moment and Mbappe that’s about it. But his age is against Kane. I guess we are all here to discuss football. For me maybe I don’t like him because he cheated against Wolves a lot.

Salah
Benezema
Mbappe
Ronaldo
Messi
Neymar
V.Junior
Lewandowski
Dybala
Mane
L.Martinez
Jota
Alverez

Would all be chosen ahead of Kane because they are winners. An over the hill Messi or Ronaldo add experience. An over the hill Messi won the World Cup. Somehow.

Will Kane play to 36? Doubt it.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I know most midweek Championship games are live on the red button on Sky Sports, but the main Championship game on the Sky Sports Football channel tonight is, surprise surprise, QPR v West Brom. Albion must have been live on Sky Sports more times than Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool combined this season.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Currently watching Gykores and Trincao playing for sporting.
I think we missed out , both look very decent
Not sure about Trincao, but Gyokeres, absolutely. He's comfortable playing anywhere across the front three, GON would have absolutely loved him. I imagine that's the mould of striker we will pursue in the summer, I have a feeling GON wants a dynamic striker/forward rather than a traditional number nine.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure about Trincao, but Gyokeres, absolutely. He's comfortable playing anywhere across the front three, GON would have absolutely loved him. I imagine that's the mould of striker we will pursue in the summer, I have a feeling GON wants a dynamic striker/forward rather than a traditional number nine.
Both wouldn’t of hit the ground running for us. Trincao came really good after a tough first 6 months then we didn’t take the option to buy (very overpriced). Nobody thought a coventry striker would be this good. Takes time to settle but both very clever players

Back
Top Bottom