Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are you advocating selling Cundle for £2 million? Few weeks ago you were saying he was the next Paul Scholes
If he can’t get in the Stoke team something is wrong

Would like to see him given a chance at Wolves, but can’t see it now they will overlook him and sell him. Shame because if you’ve seen him play you can see there is ability in there and lots of it.

The next rising star would be Lembikisa get him in the match day squad next season.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Would like to see him given a chance at Wolves, but can’t see it now they will overlook him and sell him. Shame because if you’ve seen him play you can see there is ability in there and lots of it.

The next rising star would be Lembikisa get him in the match day squad next season.
I like Cundle too,
Problem is I think him, Hodge and Doyle are similar stamps of player. Cundle is unfortunately probably 3rd in the pecking order, in fact, assuming we buy Doyle, it may well signal Hodges departure too.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Cundle too,
Problem is I think him, Hodge and Doyle are similar stamps of player. Cundle is unfortunately probably 3rd in the pecking order, in fact, assuming we buy Doyle, it may well signal Hodges departure too.
Hodge and Cundle are good players but are they going to get into our team? Highly unlikely. Better off moving them on unfortunately I hate to see it. Nothing better than academy players making it at our club. If someone like Blues (if they stay up) say here’s 4m for the pair they’ve improved their team by a lot with two young players, who will only improve. Bargains really. I really like them but if they aren’t playing games we are holding back their development. Hodge he’s hot and cold for me. Cundle is the same going off his Stoke form. At Plymouth he was really doing the business

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If he was the next Scholes he’d be starting for us let alone Stoke.

I’d be amazed if Lembikisa became a first team regular.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was the next Scholes he’d be starting for us let alone Stoke.

I’d be amazed if Lembikisa became a first team regular.
At Plymouth he was in good form ask their fans. He has the ability. Writing off Lembikisa is silly he isn’t even 21 yet. Semedo 1 year left on his deal…… Will he be moved on this summer time will tell

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At Plymouth he was in good form ask their fans. He has the ability. Writing off Lembikisa is silly he isn’t even 21 yet. Semedo 1 year left on his deal…… Will he be moved on this summer time will tell
Semedo will get a new deal I reckon..another couple of years..he is one of our main players....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo will get a new deal I reckon..another couple of years..he is one of our main players....
I suspect that it may depend on wages. While he is in his best Wolves form he is also likely to be one of our higher paid players. I am bloody scared that someone (Shi?) may see Doc as his replacement.....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect that it may depend on wages. While he is in his best Wolves form he is also likely to be one of our higher paid players. I am bloody scared that someone (Shi?) may see Doc as his replacement.....
We are allowed some high earners..but minutes on the pitch he probably deserves it...or around it......yes he may have to take a pay cut to get an extra few years......but I would be very surprised if we are not in discussions.....he is a fit lad who puts in the games .... definitely worth a couple more seasons....

Makes a lot more sense to develop a younger player to replace him as such in a few years, than replace him after he best season to date.....the likes of Dawson, Semedo , lemina etc are worth a lot more to us as squad that what we would get for them to replace.....

We can moan about Doherty but in all honesty he has done a job for the squad this season, for a free transfer....and no doubt may contribute a bit next season.....beyond that probably not....but he has actually been useful this season.....

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know why podence loan with a view to buy is so low at 4. 5 million. I would have expected 10 million. Was it the shortness of his contract with us?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are allowed some high earners..but minutes on the pitch he probably deserves it...or around it......yes he may have to take a pay cut to get an extra few years......but I would be very surprised if we are not in discussions.....he is a fit lad who puts in the games .... definitely worth a couple more seasons....

Makes a lot more sense to develop a younger player to replace him as such in a few years, than replace him after he best season to date.....the likes of Dawson, Semedo , lemina etc are worth a lot more to us as squad that what we would get for them to replace.....

We can moan about Doherty but in all honesty he has done a job for the squad this season, for a free transfer....and no doubt may contribute a bit next season.....beyond that probably not....but he has actually been useful this season.....
I actually agree pretty much all of that. The concept of Doc as a regular PL starter is my concern.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know why podence loan with a view to buy is so low at 4. 5 million. I would have expected 10 million. Was it the shortness of his contract with us?
Probably possibly plus a desire to make it happen.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
€6m isn’t it and book value next to nothing so would represent good sustainability fees moving forward.

Guedes will be an interesting one. Same for Fabio

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually agree pretty much all of that. The concept of Doc as a regular PL starter is my concern.
He wasn't brought for that.....he is what was said on the tin.....a free transfer who could offer a bit of experienced cover in a couple of positions in a squad that was going to be light.....

Under the circumstances I'm glad we got him....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wasn't brought for that.....he is what was said on the tin.....a free transfer who could offer a bit of experienced cover in a couple of positions in a squad that was going to be light.....

Under the circumstances I'm glad we got him....
As long as that continues we could do worse l guess. I can't help but wonder what his pace will be like by 25/26 though, he ain't exactly fast now.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

who was benched by Hearts a couple of weeks ago. let him develop first.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure how expensive he'd be or how realistic it is, but Desire Doue is a player I'd love at Wolves. Absolutely tore us apart in the preseason friendly last summer. Still only 18, starting regularly for Rennes now.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure how expensive he'd be or how realistic it is, but Desire Doue is a player I'd love at Wolves. Absolutely tore us apart in the preseason friendly last summer. Still only 18, starting regularly for Rennes now.
Very talented player! Would cost a bit?

Iv watched this lad too a few games always stands out Pavel Sulc. Hard working attacking player Pavel Sulc - Player profile 23/24

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we strengthen our scouting network in south America. Learn to grease some palms when required, and bring in four top tier Brazilian players. Look it's better than spending 30 million on someone from the Belgian league.

Hobbs get your passport out and maybe bring the owner like Lyon did with John Textor. That will impress the prospective players.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we strengthen our scouting network in south America. Learn to grease some palms when required, and bring in four top tier Brazilian players. Look it's better than spending 30 million on someone from the Belgian league.

Hobbs get your passport out and maybe bring the owner like Lyon did with John Textor. That will impress the prospective players.
And a horses' head on a pillow might help too. :cool:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
who was benched by Hearts a couple of weeks ago. let him develop first.
Nah he played against Celtic and Hearts turned them over, if anything he won his place in the side back shows determination. Shankland now that could be an interesting name on a free transfer!

Last edited:

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Interesting. Do Scots origin players count as homegrown?
They don’t unless they spent 3 years at an English club before the age of 21.

For example, Eric Dier despite being English doesn’t count as homegrown, and neither does the goalkeeper, Etienne Green.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An ethnic Chinese friend of mine studied at Queen's Belfast in the late 70s. Apparently he constantly got asked if he was Catholic Chinese or Protestant Chinese..... Sad....
I couldn’t care about religion or any Scottish team it’s just a matter of interest my friend lives in Scotland supports Wolves and follows Kilmarnock as in their results says he can’t stand the big two clubs.

Each to their own. Live and let live

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I couldn’t care about religion or any Scottish team it’s just a matter of interest my friend lives in Scotland supports Wolves and follows Kilmarnock as in their results says he can’t stand the big two clubs.

I have a Scots colleague. She isn't interested in the Glasgow big two but constantly gets asked about them. I'd hate living with that.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a Scots colleague. She isn't interested in the Glasgow big two but constantly gets asked about them. I'd hate living with that.
So what else is there to talk about? The snp?

If you like football of course that question is on the mind.

I remember once I was talking to some Scottish ladies in Ibiza they asked where I was from I said east London. So I said where are you from? Scotland was the answer. I thought no sh Sherlock could tell that by the accent lol. Pick up my drink and walk off

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score

My wife used to work at Crosshouse Hospital in Kilmarnock with a lady who's husband was a Wolves fan. Might be the same guy!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Aye, but who's your big team?" The question these Glasgow eejits always ask you, with a wee wink and nudge, whenever you say you support someone else. Utter cretins.
1709685175224.png

Anyone who had a Hearts knows that every Cell ticks when you receive a Glasgow Lemba-kiss to help the Rangers in the night . So its hi ho Silva loaning and good night from me.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have seen a fair bit of Lembikisia, and even though he is young there is just something about his game that makes me nervous. Maybe it's his style, but I would be amazed if he came back and joined the match day squad. He needs another season out on loan learning his craft and building his pace/power. He has potential, but I just don't see that at premier league level - I just don't think he is good enough defensively.

Still I have been wrong about players before, so maybe I am wrong.

As others have said only Mosquera and possibly Chinqiho have much chance of rejoining the squad next season. Podence would be a good squad player on ability, but probably wouldn't have the right attitude.

I can see Cundle, Hodge, Guedes, podence, and Howver all being moved on. In fact I think there will be another big clear out of those on loan and some of the older kids.

I don't expect there to be much money for new signings. If we finish in 12th that would give them about £10m in prize money more than budget, so with sales (Neto plus a few other) they should be able to fund three or four modest purchases, or perhaps out of contract players like Adams or Brownhill.

It will be interesting to see where Neto ends up, how much we get - and how much of it will be reinvested.

Back
Top Bottom