Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest- possible points deduction

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a farce. Abolish it right now ffs. Randomly deducting points here or there in whichever season suits and then of course ignoring the many breaches others have made over recent years. Farcical.
If we did that then the PL would become like Saudi with players on £2 million a week and the gap between the big clubs and the small clubs even bigger.

FFP has been bought in to stop an owner becoming as big and powerful as City and Chelsea. It had to happen at sone point . Chelsea have already fallen apart and one day so will City.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFP was also brought in to limit owners spending too much and doing a “Portsmouth”. Disgrace that with all the money in the game that ordinary businesses got stiffed when they went into administration.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What an opportunity this Summer is potentially shaping up to be.

I just hope that there is no more financial bad news to come out of the club as such(eg Fosun no longer funding losses, reducing wriggleroom to 15m).

If not, we should really propel ourselves forward during the next window, surely?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFP was also brought in to limit owners spending too much and doing a “Portsmouth”. Disgrace that with all the money in the game that ordinary businesses got stiffed when they went into administration.
It was brought in under that guise, but it was just that, a guise. If it was truly meant to stop clubs going bump it wouldn't allow them to rack up huge losses every year

It is as you say though, a disgrace that ordinary businesses get stiffed by clubs overspending

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With a senior colleague today, Everton fan, so asked how he was feeling about tonight’s game.

Given 15 mins of tonight’s game being pointless (possibly in more ways than he meant) and how PL are trying to make an example out of them as an established team and want them relegated. Said should be a fine on owners as not fair to fans. Said Big 6 get away Scot-free as they are too valuable commercially to PL.

I feigned interest and noted that as Wolves fans we were punished having to sell £100m of players last Summer to stay within FFP. Surprisingly conversation went back to business….

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm stunned you would take the opposite view on a topic, stunned.

Why on earth would anyone support such nonsense? We would literally be in the same boat as Everton and Forest if we hadn't sold Ryan Giles ffs. Sound fair to you? It is an absolute joke and solely put in place to stop the likes of Newcastle closing that gap to the big six.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
Why on earth would anyone support such nonsense? We would literally be in the same boat as Everton and Forest if we hadn't sold Ryan Giles ffs. Sound fair to you? It is an absolute joke and solely put in place to stop the likes of Newcastle closing that gap to the big six.
I’m not disagreeing that FFP benefits the big six greatly but I’m also wondering where we would be as a club if it weren’t in place.

It seems clear that Fosun don’t see Wolves as a vanity project to just chuck money at endlessly and so doesn’t FFP and P&S at least give us an opportunity to compete all be it not at the very top level of the Premier.

Without FFP etc would we be left wallowing at the lower end or worse not competitive at all and end up relegated.

Agree that on one hand in principle that owners should be allowed to spend their own money as long as it’s not held as a debt against the club putting the club in jeopardy but from a selfish point of view I do wonder if FFP helps us as a club with our type of owner.

I might be way off as I’m no expert on the ins and outs of FFP or P&S but just a thought

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See also Leicester

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not disagreeing that FFP benefits the big six greatly but I’m also wondering where we would be as a club if it weren’t in place.

It seems clear that Fosun don’t see Wolves as a vanity project to just chuck money at endlessly and so doesn’t FFP and P&S at least give us an opportunity to compete all be it not at the very top level of the Premier.

Without FFP etc would we be left wallowing at the lower end or worse not competitive at all and end up relegated.

Agree that on one hand in principle that owners should be allowed to spend their own money as long as it’s not held as a debt against the club putting the club in jeopardy but from a selfish point of view I do wonder if FFP helps us as a club with our type of owner.

I might be way off as I’m no expert on the ins and outs of FFP or P&S but just a thought

I get that argument but at the same time we would probably have not got promoted without spending pretty big. I don't think there is really any doubt we were dodgy as it gets when we acquired the players we did, when we did.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a farce. Abolish it right now ffs. Randomly deducting points here or there in whichever season suits and then of course ignoring the many breaches others have made over recent years. Farcical.
Why on earth would we want to abolish it? We cut our cloth accordingly and will benefit in the summer. Clubs will be desperate to offload high earners and reduce squad numbers. It means it will be a buyers market and we should be able to capitalise. Its great they've actually started enforcing it. We've abided by the rules since we got the Euro punishment and others have just wilfully ignored directions. I suspect a few more will fall foul of it next year as well. However after that clubs will have adjusted. The ones who do get points docked only have their boards to blame, so **** em!!!

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why on earth would we want to abolish it? We cut our cloth accordingly and will benefit in the summer. Clubs will be desperate to offload high earners and reduce squad numbers. It means it will be a buyers market and we should be able to capitalise. Its great they've actually started enforcing it. We've abided by the rules since we got the Euro punishment and others have just wilfully ignored directions. I suspect a few more will fall foul of it next year as well. However after that clubs will have adjusted. The ones who do get points docked only have their boards to blame, so **** em!!!

Like I said, the league already has several clubs established that broke the rules for decades and spent what they wanted, how in any world is it now fair to stop others spending what they want. If we sold to Qataris next month with a bottomless pit of wealth it would mean absolutely nothing as we wouldn't be able to spend and that is a nonsense.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I get that argument but at the same time we would probably have not got promoted without spending pretty big. I don't think there is really any doubt we were dodgy as it gets when we acquired the players we did, when we did.

"Dodgy" in the 'investigated and totally cleared of any wrongdoing whatsoever'... kind of way.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Dodgy" in the 'investigated and totally cleared of any wrongdoing whatsoever'... kind of way.

So you think what we did when acquiring the likes of highly rated Neves and co whilst a mediocre championship club was just legit?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like I said, the league already has several clubs established that broke the rules for decades and spent what they wanted, how in any world is it now fair to stop others spending what they want. If we sold to Qataris next month with a bottomless pit of wealth it would mean absolutely nothing as we wouldn't be able to spend and that is a nonsense.
It is rather hard to 'break rules for decades" when no such rules then existed. By your logic new laws should never be introduced because there was no offence previously.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boxing clever within the letter of the rules, even if pushing the boundaries of the spirit, is bloody different to driving a coach and horses through them!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With a senior colleague today, Everton fan, so asked how he was feeling about tonight’s game.

Given 15 mins of tonight’s game being pointless (possibly in more ways than he meant) and how PL are trying to make an example out of them as an established team and want them relegated. Said should be a fine on owners as not fair to fans. Said Big 6 get away Scot-free as they are too valuable commercially to PL.

I feigned interest and noted that as Wolves fans we were punished having to sell £100m of players last Summer to stay within FFP. Surprisingly conversation went back to business….

Victims gonna victim……

They bleat and moan on easy stopped narratives, but as soon as you explain the simple logic of what they did, the impact on others (relegation) that others (us) handicapped themselves, they then shut up and run off to someone else to try and play the victim.

I don’t know a single person who has sympathy for Everton!

Also the owners voted AGAINST a clear menu of punishments with examples making this clear, but they wanted somethings with more teeth by all accounts.

So again, playing the victim for the situation they are complicit in creating!

They knowingly cheated, didn’t properly work with the authorities and have ****ed other clubs over…..

No conspiracy, take the points and relegate them!

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Victims gonna victim……

They bleat and moan on easy stopped narratives, but as soon as you explain the simple logic of what they did, the impact on others (relegation) that others (us) handicapped themselves, they then shut up and run off to someone else to try and play the victim.

I don’t know a single person who has sympathy for Everton!

Also the owners voted AGAINST a clear menu of punishments with examples making this clear, but they wanted somethings with more teeth by all accounts.

So again, playing the victim for the situation they are complicit in creating!

They knowingly cheated, didn’t properly work with the authorities and have ****ed other clubs over…..

No conspiracy, take the points and relegate them!
Always hilarious when we accuse other fans of playing the victim card when the Mix has a thread devoted to Garth Crooks' team of the week

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always hilarious when we accuse other fans of playing the victim card when the Mix has a thread devoted to Garth Crooks' team of the week

In fairness, that is people moaning about an opinion. You have every right to do that. Also he is crap to any club that isn’t the sky 6 or that times media darlings. So he is a consistent moron…… but he is a total lemon in truth to many…. So not really the same as many fans moan or mock the bloke if you ask someone who does “hate read” his stuff as there can’t be many who read it because it is decent lol

They are playing the victim of a situation where they were the perpetrators of systematic and deliberate cheating and are getting punished.

Poles apart in my eyes……

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rules and regulations change, but these haven't been round for decades. It was 2011 they were bought in. Yes it wasn't enforced for years, but better late than never. The validity of it will be realised if and when Man C are fined. They're the ones who have been avoiding it most! I do get what you're saying in regards to rich benefactors, but this just means clubs have to be clever, which we've demonstrated we can be. I'm not going to worry over a pipe dream of lost Qatari gold!

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Premier league were forced into action by the other relegated clubs who threatened court action if nothing was done about it. I thought Everton were originally told they were ok by Premier league.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness, that is people moaning about an opinion. You have every right to do that. Also he is crap to any club that isn’t the sky 6 or that times media darlings. So he is a consistent moron…… but he is a total lemon in truth to many…. So not really the same as many fans moan or mock the bloke if you ask someone who does “hate read” his stuff as there can’t be many who read it because it is decent lol

They are playing the victim of a situation where they were the perpetrators of systematic and deliberate cheating and are getting punished.

Poles apart in my eyes……
Football fans gonna be football fans and it's no different for any club. Some will defend the indefensible while some will criticise the defensible. The volume from either side will always mute the rational and far more numerous middle ground fans

If you seriously think the Mix would have been fully behind the Premier League had Wolves been given a justifiable points deduction then I suggest seeing a doctor at the earliest

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football fans gonna be football fans and it's no different for any club. Some will defend the indefensible while some will criticise the defensible. The volume from either side will always mute the rational and far more numerous middle ground fans

If you seriously think the Mix would have been fully behind the Premier League had Wolves been given a justifiable points deduction then I suggest seeing a doctor at the earliest

Fair points mate, cannot argue that POV as I agree with you on it.

But the public and mass protests are the bit I am struggling with in all honesty. I get the passion to defend your own and all of that

Claiming that they are being picked out when city is still dragging on, i see their point to a degree despite the complexity causing the delay on city.

But the cries of corruption is the part I am just not seeing….. the broke rules they agreed to, no conspiracy or corruption there…..

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you think what we did when acquiring the likes of highly rated Neves and co whilst a mediocre championship club was just legit?

Completely legit! The other club agreed to the fees for the transfers……

The fact it was investigated had media attention in terms of the relationship. If there was an issue, they would have nailed us to get the good PR! But they found nothing untoward at all as they were transfers and business deals done between two separate clubs with zero ownership links……

Other clubs do and have used the mendes carousel to get cheap deals with one hand and then pay in another.

We had to pay the piper on the fees for Guedes, silva and to an extent semedo (based on age)

So it evened out in the wash really.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair points mate, cannot argue that POV as I agree with you on it.

But the public and mass protests are the bit I am struggling with in all honesty. I get the passion to defend your own and all of that

Claiming that they are being picked out when city is still dragging on, i see their point to a degree despite the complexity causing the delay on city.

But the cries of corruption is the part I am just not seeing….. the broke rules they agreed to, no conspiracy or corruption there…..
The fans of both clubs are just as complicit as the owners. The pressure from all fans to owners to continuously spend on new players is overwhelming and the abuse they get if they don't gets quite vitriolic. I can never understand the argument that clubs shouldn't get punished because it affects 'the fans'

I didn't see any crowds of Everton or Forest fans demonstrating outside the ground demanding the owners sell players to comply with FFP!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah sustainable businesses, who wants them.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t get my head around the fact that if say Man City , Villa , Chelsea , Everton , Forest and Spurs were all docked 20 points at the start of the season then there’s still only three clubs that can go down
So how is it punishment for the ones that stay up ?? Apart from the possibility of missing out on a European spot , they’ve basically got away with it and would just carry on as before
Or is this *******s I’m spouting ?

Back
Top Bottom