Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched the 2nd half away masterclass of City in Copenhagen. I just love watching them. On their day this team is as near to football perfection as it can get imo. There is just no weak link, through Edison, Dias, Walker, KDB, Foden, Bernado Silva, Haarland; and incredible team. If they go on to win the CL and the Prem I think they may be the best side in modern football history?

I find most of their games pretty dull, but mainly because they're so good.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they complete another treble this season. If they win their game in hand, they'll be top of the league and generally then impossible to catch with how perfect they tend to be. And who the hell is going to beat them over two legs in the CL? The FA Cup, unless they draw Liverpool away, I'd fancy them against anyone every single time. Even without De Bruyne they're ridiculous, but with him in full flow it's game over.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched the 2nd half away masterclass of City in Copenhagen. I just love watching them. On their day this team is as near to football perfection as it can get imo. There is just no weak link, through Edison, Dias, Walker, KDB, Foden, Bernado Silva, Haarland; and incredible team. If they go on to win the CL and the Prem I think they may be the best side in modern football history?

Not a patch on prime Barcelona in my opinion. There is no way we beat that Barca side 3 times in 9 attempts.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good. The more that dream of promotion, the more that shall be crushed from failure.

They'll likely have to beat one of Ipswich, Leeds or Saints over two legs and then one of them in the final.

I'd find it more fun if they made it to Wembley after beating Leeds in the semi final and then lose to one of the traditional late arrivals that finished sixth and ten points behind them.

There are three win win scenarios for Wolves fans.

One -------- " They " do not get a play off berth

Two -------- " They " get beaten out of sight by Leeds, I would actually want Leeds to win, this is an awful thing for a man who remembers Revie's Dirty Leeds and still has a loathing for a lot of their modern fans but " Needs must, when the devil drives ! " or played off the park by Southampton or Ipswich.

Three -------- " They " make it all the way to the final and score first giving it " Wolverhampton we're coming for you " then two goals in injury time mean a heartbreak for them but sheer unadulterated delirium for all of us . " They " have to endure a shattering journey back from Wembley being surrounded by the fans of the victorious Coventry as Mark Robins gets his reward for being the one true decent ex Fergie player to make it as a coach and the West Midlands gets a club into the Premier League that does not have a Birmingham Post Code !!!!!!!

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree but for obvious reasons I enjoyed it a bit less..

When City first scored and the way they started, I'd flashbacks to 30 years ago when I watched the great Milan team of the 90's tear Copenhagen at new one, at Parken Stadium.

Back then it was like watching a team with 2-3 extra players and 10 times the talent vs an interior opposition. In the end that wonderful Milan team had 40.000 people giving them a standing ovation.

Yesterday it felt the same. City just seemed to have extra players
It didn't get just as bad as 30 years ago, maybe because things have changed. Copenhagen are better organised and less naive than back then. But also because City manage games so well.
Why spend extra energy winning 6-0, when you can get a more than adequate result without too much effort?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree but for obvious reasons I enjoyed it a bit less..

When City first scored and the way they started, I'd flashbacks to 30 years ago when I watched the great Milan team of the 90's tear Copenhagen at new one, at Parken Stadium.

Back then it was like watching a team with 2-3 extra players and 10 times the talent vs an interior opposition. In the end that wonderful Milan team had 40.000 people giving them a standing ovation.

Yesterday it felt the same. City just seemed to have extra players
It didn't get just as bad as 30 years ago, maybe because things have changed. Copenhagen are better organised and less naive than back then. But also because City manage games so well.
Why spend extra energy winning 6-0, when you can get a more than adequate result without too much effort?
Thanks for that. You're right, pretty much every City performance is a stroll in the park tbh. It's hard to think who you could put in that side to make it any better. All 11 players are about as good as it gets in their positions. I don't follow Danish football tbh so how would you rate Copenhagen, say if they were playing in the Prem? Where do you think they might finish?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for that. You're right, pretty much every City performance is a stroll in the park tbh. It's hard to think who you could put in that side to make it any better. All 11 players are about as good as it gets in their positions. I don't follow Danish football tbh so how would you rate Copenhagen, say if they were playing in the Prem? Where do you think they might finish?

It's hard to tell because if they're were in the PL they'd have more resources.
But I'd say they'd be relegation candidates.

But on the other hand they drew with Bayern and beat Man Utd...

Also, they're the best and biggest club in the league. But they aren't actually leading the table at the moment, due to losing points in games against weaker teams.

So the question is whether they'd be able to perform at the level they did vs Bayern and Man Utd week in and out..

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Albatross!!
What flavour is it?

It's not any ****ing flavour, it's Albatross!!

It has to be some flavour.

Alright then, it's ****ing seabird flavour.

Albatross!!

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There will be League Two Boards all over the country praying it is QPR as they do not want the police bill for a visit from the loveable East End rogues Millwall ( I do miss the emojis on here as that comment is sarcastic by the way ! )
South East London mate. Definitely not East End, that's West Ham.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
South East London mate. Definitely not East End, that's West Ham.

I have been to London enough times that I should know that !

Slightly off subject, it always used to fascinate me whenever I spent time lodging in Southend the amount of West Ham souvenirs in the seaside shops . I imagine it was a clearly a holiday mecca for West Ham fans ( I was going to say a holiday destinations for Irons but these days that could cause misunderstanding !!!! )

With me living in the South West, Torbay was great for being able to buy Wolves stuff. My Dad was originally from the heart of Peaky Blinders country and he could get himself a copy of the Sunday Mercury !

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

Slightly off subject, it always used to fascinate me whenever I spent time lodging in Southend the amount of West Ham souvenirs in the seaside shops . I imagine it was a clearly a holiday mecca for West Ham fans ( I was going to say a holiday destinations for Irons but these days that could cause misunderstanding !!!! )

With me living in the South West, Torbay was great for being able to buy Wolves stuff. My Dad was originally from the heart of Peaky Blinders country and he could get himself a copy of the Sunday Mercury !
I went on a few trips to Blackpool from the Welsh valleys as a kid and I was always surprised (and absolutely delighted) by the amount of Wolves souvenirs that you could buy there. You could buy more Wolves related items along the Blackpool promenade than you could from the club shop in the late 1970s and early 1980s!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I remember a Friday night game at Southend United, this was at the time that Wolves fans had a bad reputation as chaos usually followed on away trips in the lower divisions. This one Friday, the town of Southend had plenty of the hooligan element of West Ham fans there and as sure as night follows day, trouble broke out in various parts of the town during the afternoon as many Wolves fans had arrived early for a weekend by the the sea.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
**** denied pelanty for clear hand ball
Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

Back
Top Bottom