Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA Cup, Brighton home

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I might be being stupid, but I can't find this on the Wolves site?

It says not available/sold out?!
As a STH, I've only received notification today regarding ticket sales, so no panic re availability.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To put a positive spin on it, it's more money in the clubs coffers towards Summer transfers. :)
Literal pennies compared to what they get from TV Revenue. Realistically a cup run is as good as it’ll get for us this season, as Europe was always going to be a long shot.

The difference between 20k at £30 a ticket and 28k at £20 a ticket is absolutely nominal. We’ll earn far more just from winning the game.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a STH, I've only received notification today regarding ticket sales, so no panic re availability.
Managed to find where to get them, but there's something badly wrong with our ticketing as it still says on most ways 'in' to get tickets that it's sold out.
Anyway, massive game for our season.

Edit: not this topic, I know, but it's damn frustrating for Sunday, too. They keep cancelling the trains I book from Brum.
Still a bit down after last night I guess.

Last edited:

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Literal pennies compared to what they get from TV Revenue. Realistically a cup run is as good as it’ll get for us this season, as Europe was always going to be a long shot.

The difference between 20k at £30 a ticket and 28k at £20 a ticket is absolutely nominal. We’ll earn far more just from winning the game.
Twas a tongue in cheek comment, "Skrilla" .

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to be on the Wednesday night, iPlayer.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was a bit critical of the attendance for the Brentford replay but this pricing is a proper own goal, especially after not bringing in anybody for the first team in the January window… it’s a silly PR move driven by greed.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How do they justify the big price hike from the Brentford game to Brighton?

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was a bit critical of the attendance for the Brentford replay but this pricing is a proper own goal, especially after not bringing in anybody for the first team in the January window… it’s a silly PR move driven by greed.
The Brentford crowd was 25,000ish, very good considering there was only about 250 Brentford fans

Last edited:
Reactions: Ned

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit frustrating that most people seem to be criticising the club for the Brighton ticket prices
Let’s not forget the net gate receipts are split 45% to both clubs and 10% to the FA
Therefore the ticket prices have to be agreed between the 2 clubs not just the home club
To that end if anyone is criticising Wolves then please direct 50% of it to Brighton

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All Round 5 games are being broadcast and both our game and Bournemouth v Leicester City will be on the BBC Sport Website and iPlayer.

Kick off for us on the Wednesday is 19:45.

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah… sadly too much for me on top of season ticket costs.
£70 with my two (big) kids.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£30 not cheap , but a fairly hefty discount compared to a ticket to watch us play them in the prem.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Managed to find where to get them, but there's something badly wrong with our ticketing as it still says on most ways 'in' to get tickets that it's sold out.
Anyway, massive game for our season.

Edit: not this topic, I know, but it's damn frustrating for Sunday, too. They keep cancelling the trains I book from Brum.
Still a bit down after last night I guess.

How did you get in BW ?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit frustrating that most people seem to be criticising the club for the Brighton ticket prices
Let’s not forget the net gate receipts are split 45% to both clubs and 10% to the FA
Therefore the ticket prices have to be agreed between the 2 clubs not just the home club
To that end if anyone is criticising Wolves then please direct 50% of it to Brighton
Agreed Brighton are ****s, but so are Wolves. Massive hike for no reason whatsoever.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Agreed Brighton are ****s, but so are Wolves. Massive hike for no reason whatsoever.
Not a massive hike though is it, just less of a discount. Think I paid £625 for my season ticket, or £33 a game. So it's still £8 less than a match to match price for a ST. I'd rather pay less obviously, but £25 instead of £20 isn't going to change my mind about going.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a massive hike though is it, just less of a discount. Think I paid £625 for my season ticket, or £33 a game. So it's still £8 less than a match to match price for a ST. I'd rather pay less obviously, but £25 instead of £20 isn't going to change my mind about going.
30 quid in steve bull according to email, £12 increase on Brentford replay, didn't the pricing police need maximum revenue in December then?

I'll still attend as it's what we do, but just think the club have took advantage yet again.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
30 quid in steve bull according to email, £12 increase on Brentford replay, didn't the pricing police need maximum revenue in December then?

I'll still attend as it's what we do, but just think the club have took advantage yet again.
£18 for the most expensive seats in the ground was pretty generous pricing though, got 24k home fans in. Don't get me wrong, I think it's daft and if £5 less would get us a sellout and that drove us into the next round then that's the sensible thing to do. I just don't think it's a huge issue. I'll have seen 4 games on the way to our FA Cup win for £83 IIRC, people are spending that on one PL ticket in some places. Prices do have to be agreed between clubs as well I believe.

Back
Top Bottom