Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Except he can't play against them.....
But he would be playing in games that would affect their final league position. Further more they must be confident he won’t help us claw back the 6 point gap between us and them

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So part of Forests defence/mitigation is they want to use the Johnson sale against last years losses but also want to buy players in this years accounting period because they sold Johnson.

Theiy are just taking the micky
Let’s hope the ****ers get a big points deduction and they end up relegated with massive wages to pay.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he would be playing in games that would affect their final league position. Further more they must be confident he won’t help us claw back the 6 point gap between us and them

I wouldn't be surprised if clubs actively assess the fixtures other clubs have left, and try to position unwanted players on loan at clubs where it could do the most damage to their direct rivals.

Or conversely, refuse to loan players to clubs near them.

West Ham could have been stringing us along all January, saying Ings might be available last minute, only to refuse to loan him when it's too late to look at other targets.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there's is nowt in the Ings stuff. I don't even see him leaving west ham. Let alone us paying his wages....it was rumoured early doors but nothing for ages..,..I reckon the only 2 who have been mentioned with any possibility even if it's slim are Ekitike n Broja......it will more likely be someone we have never heard off than Ings or most probably no one......in my opinion...

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if its the right option we will get someone im absolutely sure of it, but wont be held to ransom or overpay

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if clubs actively assess the fixtures other clubs have left, and try to position unwanted players on loan at clubs where it could do the most damage to their direct rivals.

Or conversely, refuse to loan players to clubs near them.

West Ham could have been stringing us along all January, saying Ings might be available last minute, only to refuse to loan him when it's too late to look at other targets.
Get back on the meds! :D :D

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary whinging again. Absolutely pathetic.
I mean context i havent seen his actual verbal so will wait till then, but saying we dont have enough attacking players and want a 9 i think is all good

saying he has a match on deadline day and would rather not so he could get involved also fair

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we all know that Hobbs and co are still working in the background to try to get something done. Whether it’s possible or not is outside of GONs control.
Hobbs and co have apparently no money to play with so it is all 'noise' really -Broja was never going to happen in a million years as we didn't even appear to be willing to agree an option and probably Chelsea were being over greedy on the prospective fee.. Ekitike you would have thought we would have done everything possible on wages etc and were talking with PSG in any case re Lemina but Nada even though a loan was very possible initially. Either he just does not fancy Wolves or we were not willing to pay sufficient wages. A huge lost opportunity imv that we may come to regret if it was down to penny pinching.
So after all the rubbish spoken we have a promising 18 year old for the U.21s and no striker cover whatsoever. Looks like the last minute transfer tactics have flopped bar a miracle. GON has been badly let down and because we are ahead of the relegation candidates the board imv have shown complacency. If we had been In the relegation places the club would have pushed harder.
For me the tragedy is that give Cunha a decent CF striker to play off and we become top 8 candidates in the second half of the season. Now we will come in 12th or13th or 14th. Safe perhaps but with the prospect of losing Neto and one or two more in the summer and a difficult re-build with GON wondering what his next managerial move might be.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score

O'Neil: Wolves looking to get Deadline Day striker​

Wolves head coach Gary O'Neil remained coy about a potential Deadline Day move for Chelsea forward Armando Broja, but says the club are still hoping to add a striker before tomorrow's deadline.
Chelsea have rejected a straight loan offer from Wolves for Broja, with Sky Sports News has been reporting throughout this window that Chelsea prefer to sell the striker if he leaves the club.
Asked if there is any update, O'Neil said: "Nothing on Broja. I won’t mention any sort of names or talk about any other teams’ players.
"We are still looking for a No 9, there are still things ongoing that we might be able to get done before tomorrow. But we have to be careful, I was very confident a few weeks ago and then nothing happened.
"As I sit here at this moment, there is still an opportunity where we can add in that area. But completing deals can be completed, we will see how the next 36 hours and we’ll see if we can add something to this group.
"If we don’t and this is the group, then I’m delighted to keep working with them for the next 17 of 18 games and getting the best out of them.

From Sky Sports

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hobbs and co have apparently no money to play with so it is all 'noise' really -Broja was never going to happen in a million years as we didn't even appear to be willing to agree an option and probably Chelsea were being over greedy on the prospective fee.. Ekitike you would have thought we would have done everything possible on wages etc and were talking with PSG in any case re Lemina but Nada even though a loan was very possible initially. Either he just does not fancy Wolves or we were not willing to pay sufficient wages. A huge lost opportunity imv that we may come to regret if it was down to penny pinching.
So after all the rubbish spoken we have a promising 18 year old for the U.21s and no striker cover whatsoever. Looks like the last minute transfer tactics have flopped bar a miracle. GON has been badly let down and because we are ahead of the relegation candidates the board imv have shown complacency. If we had been In the relegation places the club would have pushed harder.
For me the tragedy is that give Cunha a decent CF striker to play off and we become top 8 candidates in the second half of the season. Now we will come in 12th or13th or 14th. Safe perhaps but with the prospect of losing Neto and one or two more in the summer and a difficult re-build with GON wondering what his next managerial move might be.
Mate there's two days left in the window give them a bloody chance! :D

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean context i havent seen his actual verbal so will wait till then, but saying we dont have enough attacking players and want a 9 i think is all good

saying he has a match on deadline day and would rather not so he could get involved also fair

I watched the presser and the way GON spoke made it seem like we have something tangible going on in the background that might get done. I doubt it’s Broja, so I imagine it’s a left field signing (like a Diallo or Dia).

Let’s wait and see.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the greatest respect I have to disagree with everything you have said there
We would all like another forward but if we aye got the money we aye got the money, simple as that
We have more than enough in our squad to still finish in the top 8

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well that's put a downer on the week..

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we get no striker in by EOD tomorrow, then I will be the first to agree with you (though I don’t really see GON leaving any time soon).

Unless you work at wolves and know that they are turning the lights off, you can’t judge a window until it’s closed.

We saw how much Hobbs accomplished the last few days of the summer window, so I have faith that we will at least make a real effort to get someone.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get no striker in by EOD tomorrow, then I will be the first to agree with you (though I don’t really see GON leaving any time soon).

Unless you work at wolves and know that they are turning the lights off, you can’t judge a window until it’s closed.

We saw how much Hobbs accomplished the last few days of the summer window, so I have faith that we will at least make a real effort to get someone.
Maybe we get loan

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Have a nice cup of coffee, hug a tree, everything will be alright either way.

Enjoy the ride..

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alot of ifs ,buts,and supposition there mate

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We probably got someone lined up as back up (hopefully)......someone like Diallo who is probably hanging on for a chance at the premier league...but probably haven't pressed that button fully yet in the slim hope of securing better or a more preferred option....if we was really close to someone 2 weeks ago , I would suggest that player is still available and we still maybe hopeful because as of yet he probably hasn't moved or decided where to go ...it must be Etikike surely...

Back
Top Bottom