Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
I am amazed at how quiet the window is still. Has the bubble burst?
Might still be a trolley dash towards the end of the window but no one seems to be blinking at the moment. Think there's a lot of clubs in our situation where money is tight and everyone cautious after Forest and Everton's charges still fresh. Limited budgets will stretch further in the summer.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still expect some incoming business Thursday, we are all feeling optimistic and I think Fosun will be prepared to back Gary with cover in the forward areas to help keep up the momentum. Would love to see a signing on the pitch before the game. Go on Jeff, you know it makes sense.

SuziQ

Reaction score
A pity it looks like Mario's brother isnt joining. It seemed more positive this morning.

There's reports of an agreement between PSG and Amiens, but nothing concrete.

The fact his older brother is here and they've just spent a fair bit of time together (despite the sad circumstances) would make me think if anything it's given Mario a better chance to sell us to him.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For what it’s worth I dont think we get Ekitike. I do think there could be a late move on Adams or Ings tho.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For what it’s worth I dont think we get Ekitike. I do think there could be a late move on Adams or Ings tho.
Ekitike and Broja are the pipe dream. So many factors against us. Obligation/option, price of option, price of loan fee, wages, player wanting the move, competition. As always though, if they fall through, it will be down to a lack of ambition.

I think Adams is unlikely because we'd have to fork out a substantial fee and we're probably right up against it in terms of FFP. Ings on massive wages seems unlikely but I think he'd be a decent fit, probably depends on West Ham doing business first. I reckon it'll be someone abroad we haven't heard about in this window. Nobody had heard of our interest in Dia until almost after the window closed.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Newcastle were in for Ekitike before he went to PSG. They then opted for Isak. And by judging how he’s turned out, for 25million, we could have a real player.

I echo what everyone else is saying, the fluid movement of Neto, Cunha, Hwang & Ekitike would be joyous to watch.

Fingers crossed, although with FFP, it’s much easier said than done.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think either Ings or Adams are available...or will be available

Have to agree. Of the two, I’d be happy with Adams, but he is so vital to Southampton’s promotion push I can’t see a reasonable offer securing him. Promotion is simply too valuable to them and if successful, gives them options in the summer that a mere £5m is not going to match.

Ekitike with an £25m option is far better than Broja on a £30m fee or obligation. That’s far too risky given his injury, age and form since return.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would not mind a cheeky loan bid for Yamal off Barcelona until the end of the season. They owe us one, more likely to be Guiu not bad kid with talent. Striker who knows where the net is. Come on Mr Mendes
I'd be happy if we never, ever did another deal with Barcelona.
Surely you don't honestly think that they think 'they owe us one'...?

Madmalc

Reaction score
So far this window spends are
Aston Villa £7.8m
Brentford £2.6m
Man City £12.5m
Tottenham £26.7m
Everything else is loans or undisclosed.

Nobody else has done any business with financial outlay yet.

I look at all the linked to tens of million £'s players and think those players belong to clubs who are desperate for an inflated sale to escape FFP and PSR punishments for 2023/4.

There appear to be no takers.

How many positional places and how much place money in a league does a guaranteed 10 point advantage over a rival club give you?

How many millions would you need to spend on player(s) to be sure of a ten point advantage over your rivals?

Forget any links to players with big fees, even options, this January.

Business might pick up after the 1st of July 2024, as that is the cut off point for 2023/4 FFP and PSR.

For club chairmen, it's great if your house is in order, start 2024/5 with the thought that your 2025 New Year present is likely to be several of your rivals facing 10 points deductions for FFP and PSR infringements.

I don't expect any incomings with future fees attached this window.

Last edited:

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So far this window spends are
Aston Villa £7.8m
Brentford £2.6m
Man City £12.5m
Tottenham £26.7m
Everything else is loans or undisclosed.

Nobody else has done any business with financial outlay yet.

I look at all the linked to tens of million £'s players and think those players belong to clubs who are desperate for an inflated sale to escape FFP and PSR punishments for 2023/4.

There appear to be no takers.

How many positional places and how much place money in a league does a guaranteed 10 point advantage over a rival club give you?

How many millions would you need to spend on player(s) to be sure of a ten point advantage over your rivals?

Forget any links to players with big fees, even options, this January.

Business might pick up after the 1st of July 2024, as that is the cut off point for 2023/4 FFP and PSR.

For club chairmen, it's great if your house is in order, start 2024/5 with the thought that your 2025 New Year present is likely to be several of your rivals facing 10 points deductions for FFP and PSR infringements.

I don't expect any incomings with future fees attached this window.
Sounds like a buyers market on Thursday. If we have any leeway we should bag a bargain or two rather than wait for the competition to arrive in the summer.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Sounds like a buyers market on Thursday. If we have any leeway we should bag a bargain or two rather than wait for the competition to arrive in the summer.
It will be even more of a buyers market on the 30th of June, but even then what price a 10 point advantage over a selling club in 2024/5?
I don't see there being a homegrown higher price premium unless the seller is in another country or league. The domestic market could be even worse than this window. All the European clubs seem to be going through this at the same time, so a flat market in the summer is a distinct possibility.

Saudi money might save it.

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle, Tottenham & Bayern are interested in Jacob Ramsey.

Offers above £50m will be considered by Aston Villa who need to raise funds before the end of June to stay compliant with FFP.

[The Athletic]

Finally in trouble. Not surprising
50m lol no chance they are getting that for him. MGW would be worth 100m

Newcastle (ffp)
Spurs won’t spend over 30m
Bayern will never pay a big fee for an unproven player.

Sounds like agents getting desperate to help the vile out. Up the creek without a paddle. Hopefully nobody deals with them, let the arrogant lot rot.

Villa have to tread carefully. They know they have to sell someone for big cash. If they don’t oh dear how sad. They will of broken the rules by some margin. Under the new ffp 70% from august

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every club in the world looking at the June 30th deadline as a target to get relative bargains by holding clubs to ransome.

The market is now officially ****ed, scrap the stupid rules.
Hopefully none are that stupid. Major changes to figures ahead

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Newcastle (ffp)

Sounds like agents getting desperate to help the vile out. Up the creek without a paddle. Hopefully nobody deals with them, let the arrogant lot rot.

Villa have to tread carefully. They know they have to sell someone for big cash. If they don’t oh dear how sad. They will of broken the rules by some margin. Under the new ffp 70% from august
Aren't UEFA's rules even more stringent? Would they be banned from playing in Europe if they get here? Here's hoping!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aren't UEFA's rules even more stringent? Would they be banned from playing in Europe if they get here? Here's hoping!
Maybe a fine or something like city had

Uefa and prem p&s are different

They fail prem rules probably be points taken off

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every club in the world looking at the June 30th deadline as a target to get relative bargains by holding clubs to ransome.

The market is now officially ****ed, scrap the stupid rurules.
When we've done our utmost to adhere to the restrictions, why would we want them scrapping?

Competitors are going to lose points and there's going to be an attempted firesale by a lot come the summer.

We're going to be in the perfect position to take advantage. We shouldn't be complaining now!

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t think that UEFA can look into a club financial situation until they actually qualify for European football.

So Villa would get hit later this year as they qualified for the first time this season

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We just need to hold our nerve in the short term. Like I and others have said, we should be in a good position to take advantage of our 12-month headstart in complying with the PSR rules.

And if, for whatever reason, it turns out that we needn't have bothered then we've got ourselves a very good, developing team on a good financial footing so that we shouldn't be left behind if clubs do start to spend again.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Newcastle (ffp)

90% this season

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ekitike highly unlikely we basically dont want to offer as much even as frankurt

Back
Top Bottom