Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A****n 0 Mighty Wolves 2 - Verdict thread

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice clip of Neto’s goal. Hadn’t noticed Dawson with the fingers in the ears until I saw this.

That angle really shows Neto's quality. Just too good for them. As a defender, you really don't want to see a player of Neto's quality bombing at you like that, ball stuck to his feet! And the audio is just classic. They think he's lost it... then it's in the back of the net! Seen a few bits of video from mobiles from their fans, the intensity and hatred is at top end of the scale. More than I'd expected. Was more than just a football match to them, like losing challenged the core of their existence or something.

And having watched the replays a few (hundred) times, Doc does brilliantly to intercept their corner and set the move up. That's experience for you and a player with good footballing intelligence. Doc is already anticipating the corner going out to Wallace (I think) , that old trick we used to try with Neves sometimes.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Doc looked like a world beater today, just shows how far below the Championship is!!

I was looking at there squad today.... I very much doubt any of them would start for any premier league team even the likes of Burnley/Sheffield United have far better players in every position.

I think most of them wouldn't be anywhere near our bench currently.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we were slow, ponderous and half ***** first half. They seemed to have more pace and power in the final third but had poor finishing. We had one moment of class and score with our first attempt on target pretty much.

Second half started off worse than the first but apart from the last 8 minutes when they were 2-0 down we didn’t look in much trouble.

Good to see we can come away from these performances with a ‘convincing’ win.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Routine victory. As soon as the first goal went in it was all about seeing out the game preferably without getting out of second gear - two important games now against tough opposition to concentrate on.

To be fair to them lot they had a go, but the chasm in class between us now means this will probably be the last time we play each other for a long time.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We never do things the easy way, do we? At 2-0 up and cruising on 80 minutes, it would be too easy for the match to fade out to it's inevitable conclusion. Perhaps with another goal or two for us to really reward our clear superiority. But no, that wouldn't be the Wolves way. Albion fans had to start punch ups all around the ground due to their sense of entitlement (to beat us) finally being challenged, and invade the pitch clearly in an attempt to get the match abandoned. Something the media need to engage their brain cells about before accusing Wolves fans of "starting trouble", as seems to be the typical lazy reporting. Every single TV or phone video or photo shows Albion fans causing trouble, hitting out, chucking bottles, running on the pitch. Not one of our fans causing anything, even the ones in the wrong are clearly peacefully trying to get out without trouble. And why not? 2-0, cruising, as comfortable as a BCD has ever been (well, for us, anyway). So while the teams are off the pitch we have various commentators basically proving they are clueless as they are saying different things. That the match would be awarded to us. Or replayed. Or something else. Who knows? But in the end , common sense prevailed and we free wheeled to an easy win.

And for their fans saying the only difference was that we have a couple of £40m forwards - we have another spare striker, cost us £35m , you might even be able to buy him on the cheap. :D

We beat them comfortably despite spending most of the match in first gear, only occasionally getting into second. Not too surprising, seen it many times with superior teams away to lower league opposition. You get a lot of huff and puff from the home team, a load of angry red faced supporters all excited because they got the ball within 20 yards of the better teams goal. And then they go 1-0 down with the first real chance against them. Welcome to the real world of teams with £40m forwards. And managers who out thought yours. Because Gary got the approach right. Take the sting out, don't concede first, no need to take risks, play it safe and take the chances that would come. It's basically two counter attacking teams, so the risk was always going to be on the one that commited too many forward getting caught out. We did that to them twice - and always looked the more likely to score, once we'd weathered the first 15 minutes or so.

Thought defence did well, Kilman especially didn't put a foot wrong and regularly thwarted them. Doc was intelligent, out thought them, especially for that vital first goal. Cunha and Neto always threatened and were clinical when it mattered. Bellegarde seemed to passed by mostly, though was unlucky with a brilliant shot the once chance he got. Sometimes gave them a bit too much space in centre midfield, Yokuslu seemed to get too much space and time, Lemina was quiet , Doyle was tidy - though imaginine the carnage if Pitbull had been out there today, probably better he saw this one out!

PS Delighted!

Last edited:

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you would like a funny heartwarming watch from their POV vlog style of today here you go and thank me later :D

NSFW

Jimmy Saville is mistaken for a woman by one of his own fans when he tries that sneaky kick from behind on 12m40s. What an absurd bunch they are.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a brilliant brilliant day.

The worst part of it all, not that it matters, was our poor performance. We were pretty poor IMO. But, who cares. This game was only ever about winning. That's exactly what we did.

And, to top it all off, they sold their tickets to us. Hahahhahaha. We had a bigger allocation than normal, and they still couldn't sell out. They had to rely on us to fill their ground.

Imagine an Albion fan in the home end at Molineux. They don't ever have the balls to do that.

In the end, nothing really happened. They ran over and postured, but nothing actually came of it.

Superb day. Well done Gaz. Well done Wolves.

Last edited by a moderator:

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finally seeing the goals after missing the game today. Man, their keeper had a shocker for both goals

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was so nice to have no VAR, I can accept very occasional genuine mistakes, it's the bias I can't stand and we've seen that VAR does not eliminate bias. If anything it accentuates it.
couldnt agree more!
Being able to properly celebrate a goal, and against that lot too, was magical.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An albion mate of mine was saying we barely got out of second gear and that albion huffed and puffed but wouldn’t have scored if we had played all night. Can’t argue with that really? We were keen not to let the game turn into a scrap, albeit their fans seemed quite keen for that in the stands. Think those saying we were poor, should acknowledge that whilst a little sloppy at times, it was a very professional performance and a gameplan executed well. Could have easily let it turn into a dogfight which would have given them more chance?

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jimmy Saville is mistaken for a woman by one of his own fans when he tries that sneaky kick from behind on 12m40s. What an absurd bunch they are.
The singing of ****y wanderers at their own fans fighting is rather amusing. The use of the word **** is noticeable.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
An albion mate of mine was saying we barely got out of second gear and that albion huffed and puffed but wouldn’t have scored if we had played all night. Can’t argue with that really? We were keen not to let the game turn into a scrap, albeit their fans seemed quite keen for that in the stands. Think those saying we were poor, should acknowledge that whilst a little sloppy at times, it was a very professional performance and a gameplan executed well. Could have easily let it turn into a dogfight which would have given them more chance?
Agree, we had a few gears to go if needed. I think Gary understood the occasion perfectly. It will be tense, they’ll be up for it. Don’t do anything daft, we’ll get chances because we’re too good not to.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It showed the gulf in class really, in many ways.

A very typical FA Cuo game between Premier league and lower league teams. We didn’t get out of first gear and didn’t have to.

Last edited:

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, we had a few gears to go if needed. I think Gary understood the occasion perfectly. It will be tense, they’ll be up for it. Don’t do anything daft, we’ll get chances because we’re too good not to.
Smart management really. I noticed quite a few of their fans don’t seem to have grasped that there is a gulf and that we did a job on then with little fuss. At home we’d have absolutely battered them

Arthur

Reaction score
Nice clip of Neto’s goal. Hadn’t noticed Dawson with the fingers in the ears until I saw this.

The anxiety as they see Neto charging towards their goal

The sight of relief as they think he's ruined it

The scream as they suddenly realise that was Neto and not some average championship player and that the ball is going in

The taunting and celebrations from our players

Piece of art

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree. Quite a few of their fans on their forum after the match were of the opinion that they had dominated us, without realising that we were playing almost at a canter for most of it. If somehow they had scored I've no doubt we had several gears we could have gone through to equalise. We had no interest in allowing the game to deteriorate into a Championship style slog, which was what they were hoping for. Credit to the players for acting like a top Premier League side and playing our own game. You could tell in the moments Neto or Cunha got the ball and moved forward the Albion defence was hopelessly outmatched and didn't know how to handle the situation

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree. Quite a few of their fans on their forum after the match were of the opinion that they had dominated us, without realising that we were playing almost at a canter for most of it. If somehow they had scored I've no doubt we had several gears we could have gone through to equalise. We had no interest in allowing the game to deteriorate into a Championship style slog, which was what they were hoping for. Credit to the players for acting like a top Premier League side and playing our own game. You could tell in the moments Neto or Cunha got the ball and moved forward the Albion defence was hopelessly outmatched and didn't know how to handle the situation
Had a mate point to them having more shots, slightly more possession and corners as if these were incredibly important things, and I thought to myself you don’t really get it mate, we’ve just executed a gameplan on you extremely well because we have miles more quality. Barely broke a sweat in a BCD in reality

Attachments

• IMG_1236.jpeg
    IMG_1236.jpeg
    508.5 KB · Views: 59

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Professional job. Werent at our best but almost didnt expect us to be in a derby match like that. Showed the quality. Need reinforcements though, one injury to Sarabia and we look completely light. We need experienced bodies that can influence a game.
Thought Toti looked a bit vulnerable at times, to progress to the top we need a new centre half is clear. However he is fine for where we are.

fleck1

Reaction score
Professional performance, did what we needed to and didn't really get out of second gear. It looked like we tried to take the pace out of the game and control the tempo, rather than play in to their hands and turn it in to a blood and thunder derby. Calm heads and let the extra quality count when it mattered

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha. Yeah, that’s what he’s doing!

He’s definitely having a pop at the inbred lot in the B-Road stand.
Yeh he was. Fair play to him.

Tell you what though, that was far and away the ****test performance by Dawson in a Wolves shirt. Panicked multiple times under pressure, so unlike him. Certainly looked nervy.

Back
Top Bottom