Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I have something to say that doesn’t require it’s own thread.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of your loss, remember all the good times and cherish those memories for the rest of your life
Thought and prayers to you and all your family at this sad time
Thanks Ercall. I was in Telford for a week until last Tuesday and thought everything was set going forward....

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
For any cryptic crossword solvers out there the answer to a clue in yesterday’s Guardian puzzle was ‘Wolverhampton Wanderers’.

The clue …
‘Spare outside left brought in by West Ham, top’s beaten bottom in Blackburn Rovers football team (13,9)’.

Complicated clue even by Grauniad standards!
Bloody hell, I dabble a bit, but I'm struggling to even reverse engineer that!

Spare =over
Outside left = olver
Brought in by W Ham = wolverham

Rovers = wanderers!

Still can't make the pton out of the middle bit though!

Fortunately I'd probably have just got it from the 13,9 !

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are a number of ex-footballers who joined the clergy including one of our own, Richard Leadbetter (and of course Knocker). A friend of mine is a CofE deacon whose vicar at one point was ex-Orient player Alan Comfort.

I remember Phil Mulryne. I think that he started at ManUre.

Funerals are a subject rather too close to home right now. My mum passed away on Saturday and a post-mortem/inquest are underway.
Sorry to hear of your sad news. Please accept my condolences.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
There are a number of ex-footballers who joined the clergy including one of our own, Richard Leadbetter (and of course Knocker). A friend of mine is a CofE deacon whose vicar at one point was ex-Orient player Alan Comfort.

Funerals are a subject rather too close to home right now. My mum passed away on Saturday and a post-mortem/inquest are underway.
Sorry to hear that, must be even harder having to go through a post mortem. Thinking of you and your family my friend.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry for your loss pal.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, must be even harder having to go through a post mortem. Thinking of you and your family my friend.
Thanks. I want the inquest to go ahead not least because of the non-appearance of an ambulance for over four hours....

Funny old thing but when called again and told that she wasn't breathing one appeared within 10 mins. Old people are treated like crap.

I'd hate that to happen to someone else's mum.

Really hard to deal with from London when she was in Shropshire. I was there until last Tuesday and everything seemed sorted.

Last edited:

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry to read this my commiserations to you and family.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Thanks. I want the inquest to go ahead not least because of the non-appearance of an ambulance for over four hours....

Funny old thing but when called again and told that she wasn't breathing one appeared within 10 mins. Old people are treated like crap.

I'd hate that to happen to someone else's mum.

Really hard to deal with from London when she was in Shropshire. I was there until last Tuesday and everything seemed sorted.
I know what it's like living far away from an ill parent. I was in that situation with my mother and now in an ongoing one with my dad. It's very tough. Won't go into the details now, but a similar thing happened with my mother when she died a few years ago. It seemed like her age deemed her to be overlooked and it worsened her situation dramatically. My 89 year old dad has had health issues for the last few years too and only last week I had a conversation with a district nurse about him after he's had issues getting help and she told me that she believes older people are are often treated as an afterthought by some GPs and medics and it makes her really angry.

geowolf

Reaction score
Bloody hell, I dabble a bit, but I'm struggling to even reverse engineer that!

Spare =over
Outside left = olver
Brought in by W Ham = wolverham

Rovers = wanderers!

Still can't make the pton out of the middle bit though!

Fortunately I'd probably have just got it from the 13,9 !
Yes I also managed to get it from the 13,9 and the Rovers=Wanderers. In terms of the wordplay I spotted the anagram but the spare=over went over my head I'm afraid.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else having difficulties accessing the ballot for spurs away?
And if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated if anyone can help with a single ticket for the game.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry for your loss

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family, WW.
My thoughts are with you all at what must be a most difficult time.

johnnybetchas

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Sorry to hear this mate. Thoughts are with you.

Rowzed

Reaction score
The word "it's" in the thread title should not have an apostrophe, because it is not meant as a contraction of "it is". It's something that has bothered me me for months.

thank you Jefe, you and I might curate the apostrophe’s own thread :cool:

Rowzed

Reaction score
for year’s I thought that book “Eats shoots and leaves” was Sylvains autobiography

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like the referee in the Port Vale v Portsmouth game to explain what he saw that made him decide to award a penalty. It was certainly a strange one.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBC talking to the United manager, talking about time off and then showing Marcus rashford training on the day it has come out he missed training saying he was sick but was pictured on the lash the night before…..

City or Liverpool fan on the video edit clearly lol

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely agree with what Micah Richards has just said!

The manager has really made a rod for his own back…. With his treatment of Sancho, lingaard and ronaldo

As how he deals with rashford is going to be very telling for his tenure.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just stumbled across this immensely talented lady on Facebook (Louise Cobbold). She has a few Wolves players in her collection.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240128_235912.jpg
    Screenshot_20240128_235912.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 30

Raymont

Reaction score
I want to roll my eyes out of my head seeing how hard Manure fans are celebrating their 3 pts over West Ham. Something about them crowning Højlund and Garnacho annoys me.

I think it's their faces.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You learn something new every day. I never knew you couldn't be offside from a goal kick. Brentford's goal last night was given because of the rule even though both Toney and Maupay were in offside positions.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Adrian Chiles is in a million £ legal battle with HMRC over alleged unpaid taxes/NI. **** me, how much do these people earn if he may owe that much tax?

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn't really know where to post this but if you want to hear the delusion of our stripey neighbours see below...

Didn't see any Klopp style of play when we played them, I'm sure Salah and co would be thrilled to play for an ex fitness coach who has never made the playoffs in the championship and failed in Greece.

Back
Top Bottom