Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Ah didn’t realise that .

Yes would say such an action is more extreme and unsporting .
It's quite an incredible thing for a player 20 minutes back from an 8 month ban to do - and so Brentford. Then to say basically, 'yes I cheated, so what?' after, really made himself look like he's learned nothing.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing to me the eleven Forest players had their eyes closed the whole time so couldn't move the wall accordingly.

I saw exactly what he did. I have seen Neves do it, I have seen countless other players do it. I am truly amazed anybody is making a thing of it.

If you watch the replays, it’s clear exactly what he does. He waits for the wall to be set. It’s the keeper who checks the position of the wall, not the players in it. The Forest players at the end were not looking at him when he moves the ball, and the ref is elsewhere. One of them should have seen him and told the ref, and the keeper should have rechecked the wall just before the kick was taken.

To be clear. After the wall is set, he moves the ball to the end of the refs line. Then he moves the line itself, and then he moves the ball again, to the far right of his repositioned line. By the time he takes it, there is no wall between the ball and net, and he passes the ball into the net.

I have never seen a player move the refs line, Neves included, nor have I seen a free kick scored so easily. It was cheating, blatant and he had no shame or remorse in his post match when asked about it.

VAR reviews every goal. They totally ****ed up here, and likely didn’t rewind the video back to see what he did, probably only checking the position of the ball relative to the line, which of course, he had already moved.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
His attitude after does seam very strange, if I hadn't scored no one would of said anything. So cheating is OK if you don't score!! As has been said you think he might of had a second thought about it after been band for 8 months!!
Maybe this explains why he got such a long ban?

'were you betting against the rules Ivan?'
'well yes, but you wouldn't even be asking me if I hadn't won'

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you watch the replays, it’s clear exactly what he does. He waits for the wall to be set. It’s the keeper who checks the position of the wall, not the players in it. The Forest players at the end were not looking at him when he moves the ball, and the ref is elsewhere. One of them should have seen him and told the ref, and the keeper should have rechecked the wall just before the kick was taken.

To be clear. After the wall is set, he moves the ball to the end of the refs line. Then he moves the line itself, and then he moves the ball again, to the far right of his repositioned line. By the time he takes it, there is no wall between the ball and net, and he passes the ball into the net.

I have never seen a player move the refs line, Neves included, nor have I seen a free kick scored so easily. It was cheating, blatant and he had no shame or remorse in his post match when asked about it.

VAR reviews every goal. They totally ****ed up here, and likely didn’t rewind the video back to see what he did, probably only checking the position of the ball relative to the line, which of course, he had already moved.
Excellent analysis of what happens. The other thing that I noticed is that one of the other Brentford players may have been in on it, he walks towards the ref maybe talking to him, possibly distracting him. Maybe my imagination, but the football authorities should take a look, I’m not one for accusing anyone, but could this have been preplanned? If it was it brings into question potentially the manager. Literally where do you ‘draw the line’ in these type of situations!

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do the foam lines count as pitch markings? Interfering with them is an automatic yellow isn't it? Remember a few keepers (including Mark Kendall) being booked for marking the 6 yard line level with the posts.
Yes correct I was at the game. Players move the ball, but not the ball and the line, blatant disregard for rules.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Excellent analysis of what happens. The other thing that I noticed is that one of the other Brentford players may have been in on it, he walks towards the ref maybe talking to him, possibly distracting him. Maybe my imagination, but the football authorities should take a look, I’m not one for accusing anyone, but could this have been preplanned? If it was it brings into question potentially the manager. Literally where do you ‘draw the line’ in these type of situations!
On MOTD Nuno says it was “ball displacement”. Is that the actual rule or just his description of it? I’ve seen plenty of free kicks taken from the wrong spot (even Brentford’s goal at their place in the cup was about 5 yards closer to the goal), but I can’t remember something so sneaky and blatant.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think we know about Frank.

This is the manager who tried to downplay the betting rule breach, who was happy to drag out the case and keep Toney playing until they were safe, and argued that Toney shouldn’t be separated from football while banned.

This is the manager who’s team have objectively recorded the highest amount of time wasting in the league, and who’s antics on the field, make Howe’s Bournemouth look a model of sportsmanship.

This is the manager who will shake his head and support whatever decision they get is valid, yet will immediately condemn any which goes against them. Yeah most managers are happy to play this game a bit, but I’ve commented about him before, he does it to the extreme. Similar to Klopp.

Yeah, I don’t think he will have any qualms about what Toney did.

Regards the other player. Yes I noticed that on another replay, and I do think Toney likely told him to talk to the ref about something while he fiddled with the ball positioning. You can see Toney direct him to the ref, and when the ref was chatting to the other player, Toney does his adjusting. Whether the other player knew what Toney had in mind, is impossible to say.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Along with Sheffield United v West Ham United and Bournemouth v Liverpool in the Premier League, 5th Tier Highland League side Buckie Thistle travel to Celtic in the Scottish Cup this afternoon.

Seeing that Darvel humbled Aberdeen last year…

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheff v West Ham - draw?
Bournemouth v Liverpool - away win?
Leeds v Preston - home win?

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. I've never seen any player at any level repaint any line or spot or referee's marker.

I've seen countless examples of players trying to gain or even lose a yard from a free kick - which is (in part) why the foam was introduced.

To deceive by drawing a new line or spot is unheard of. The positioning of the referee's marker is under his authority and nobody else's.

Forest fans are arguing over it with some blinded by the fact the wall was a joke. It was, but that's irrelevant. Perhaps they were stunned into silence by the sheer audacity of Toney.

As for VAR, was that not clear and obvious?
Trippier did it for Newcastle either last season or earlier this so you’d think refs would be aware.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think the issue is that Toney moved the ball, as others have said, moving the spray was the big difference. I am waiting for Webb to say why VAR couldn’t intervene.
I think when VAR was introduced they said they didn’t check restarts. Not sure if that has changed but you are right, it will be interesting to see what Webb says.

Passedit

Reaction score
Do the foam lines count as pitch markings? Interfering with them is an automatic yellow isn't it? Remember a few keepers (including Mark Kendall) being booked for marking the 6 yard line level with the posts.
Would this cover it?

Cautions for unsporting behaviour includes this one.

Makes unauthorised marks on the field of play

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's obviously been watching The Secret in his time off. I wonder if he's also manifested a move to Arsenal in the January transfer window while sitting on his sofa. He could at least let us know!
He should go **** off to Saudi Arabia imo. Cash some checks and get himself and his antics out of England. Just an awful role model for kids. Such a punk.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Re Toney's freekick shenanigans, I must admit before seeing it for myself I thought it would be a lot of hot air about nothing much.

However, having now seen it for myself, that's actually pretty awful what he's done. There's gamesmanship and there's plain cheating, and this falls very much into the latter IMO. Shameful stuff.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Brentford fans are blinded by the fact that he is head and shoulders their best player and the one genuinely quality player they have. I’d like to think if one of our players came out and said he wanted to leave and win trophies, and go and play for a big club, the banners being held up at the game for him would be quite different!
"You've let us down again?"

:cool:

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m sure we conceded a similar goal again from a free kick possibly last season at home to Newcastle ended up 1-1.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Exactly, anyone who says they've seen Neves do it is an out and out liar and can **** right off this fine Sunday morning.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every match played between 2 clubs this season, with one team above us and one below, I have always wanted the team above us to beat the team below. This is because, even if we looked reasonably safe, I still felt that we could get sucked in to things, if we went on a bad run and we weren't going to catch the teams above us.
Today I wanted Sheffield United to beat West Ham, as it is possible to catch them, or the clubs around the European places and I can't see Sheffield United catching us.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every match played between 2 clubs this season, with one team above us and one below, I have always wanted the team above us to beat the team below. This is because, even if we looked reasonably safe, I still felt that we could get sucked in to things, if we went on a bad run and we weren't going to catch the teams above us.
Today I wanted Sheffield United to beat West Ham, as it is possible to catch them, or the clubs around the European places and I can't see Sheffield United catching us.
They’re down you would think

Palace away
Villa home
Luton away
Brighton home
Wolves away

That’s some hard games for them

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to be red, can't believe ref didn't give it straight away considering what reds are given for nowadays

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ings MOM. Trying to play his way to Wolvo. Looks like he hurt himself in the process.

Rowzed

Reaction score
This is exactly how I think too.

Though if say it’s Man City v Bournemouth I‘d want City to win as we aren’t catching City.

But strangely if it’s Liverpool v Bournemouth I’d want Bournemouth to win as watching Liverpool lose compensates for any temporary disappointment of us having to scrap a bit harder. The pleasure increases if they lose by a big margin or a late goal. I think Jurgen would call it schadenfreude

Back
Top Bottom