Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no guarantee he will get more games at Villareal than he would here. Think there is every chance he forces his way into the side here if he stays.
Much better chance at a side that's conceded 42 goals in 20 games (worst in the league have conceded 43), than as fifth choice here.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who would Sarabia get in ahead of? Who would Doyle get in ahead of? Who would Santi get in ahead of? Who would Doc get in ahead of? Who would JRB get in ahead of?

None of these players would have played if it wasn't for two things- Injuries and suspensions.

Do people think injuries and suspensions don't happen to Wolves players?!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would Sarabia get in ahead of? Who would Doyle get in ahead of? Who would Santi get in ahead of? Who would Doc get in ahead of? Who would JRB get in ahead of?

None of these players would have played if it wasn't for two things- Injuries and suspensions.

Do people think injuries and suspensions don't happen to Wolves players?!
I’ll ask again, when was the last time we had two unavailable at the same time?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't wait to see 5'7" Jonny at CB again while Villarreal have our MLS TOTS centre back on their bench!
I was in agreement with Yerson....with your point...

I was gonna make it a bit complicated though....cause I don't agree and ave been arguing for a month or two that we don't play a back 3 anyway....it's a flat back 4.....Toti is basically a left back.....so technically I think Gary O'Neil might think we could still cope if 2 centre backs were out....

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ll ask again, when was the last time we had two unavailable at the same time?
Two of what? In midfield, even with 5 options for two positions, we were down to Hodge and Doyle starting on Tuesday. Lemina, Gomes and Boubacar all unavailable. Just because it hasn't happened to the defence, doesn't mean it won't.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely disagree tbh if the club rate him highly and think he can make it here then this loan just makes sense... Go and play more regularly build your reputation up in a good league and come back pre season fight for your place in the team..

The loan makes total sense and continues his development don't forget he missed a lot through injuries so needs to play!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two of what? In midfield, even with 5 options for two positions, we were down to Hodge and Doyle starting on Tuesday. Lemina, Gomes and Boubacar all unavailable. Just because it hasn't happened to the defence, doesn't mean it won't.
But in a week we’ll be back to 5. How does that help Hodge? (Hence why he’ll be sent out)

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was in agreement with Yerson....with your point...

I was gonna make it a bit complicated though....cause I don't agree and ave been arguing for a month or two that we don't play a back 3 anyway....it's a flat back 4.....Toti is basically a left back.....so technically I think Gary O'Neil might think we could still cope if 2 centre backs were out....
Not really - he's been playing a back 5 - shown by the decision to play Bueno and Doherty on the left side with RAN out. Tried it with JRB there and it was an abject failure at West Ham so went back to the wing backs pretty damn sharpish.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's the right decision.

We didn't have him for the first half of the season, so if we were fine then, and nothing has changed, we should be okay now.

What I will say is that if he plays well for Villarreal (I know they're struggling a bit) then we need to seriously get him back and involved in the first team. The fact they want him should say a lot, although after a lot of our loans this season, it wouldn't surprise me if he spent five months on the bench.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But in a week we’ll be back to 5. How does that help Hodge? (Hence why he’ll be sent out)
But they weren't available so he had to play! If it wasn't for injuries and suspensions, would anyone rate Sarabia or Santi? They were getting pelters until they got in the team due to injuries.

And how are you to know how long the next ones will be or who they will come to? That's why having two options for each position is what every balanced squad should have!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really - he's been playing a back 5 - shown by the decision to play Bueno and Doherty on the left side with RAN out. Tried it with JRB there and it was an abject failure at West Ham so went back to the wing backs pretty damn sharpish.
They have been left mid.....yes they get back and help out but it's a 4........Gary O'Neil said he didn't change the formation at west ham when bellegarde played left mid cause RAN was out...he was right , despite everybody moaning....

RAN plays left mid...in a 4-4-2 almost.....if ya don't believe me watch Shaun Derry warm up the defence.....it's a four every week....he warms up semedo Dawson Kilman Toti.....in a 4......whoever plays left midfield Doherty, Bueno RAN, bellegarde whoever is nowhere to be seen....

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They have been left mid.....yes they get back and help out but it's a 4........Gary O'Neil said he didn't change the formation at west ham when bellegarde played left mid cause RAN was out...he was right , despite everybody moaning....

RAN plays left mid...in a 4-4-2 almost.....if ya don't believe me watch Shaun Derry warm up the defence.....it's a four every week....he warms up semedo Dawson Kilman Toti.....in a 4......whoever plays left midfield Doherty, Bueno RAN, bellegarde whoever is nowhere to be seen....
So why not play JRB or Sarabia there with RAN at AFCON? Bueno and Doc are getting forward no more or less than Semedo.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's a very high level to be continuing development. Hope he smashes it and comes back, but can't help feel he might be better challenging for a spot here. None of our centre half's have been undroppable.

Thats 2 players going to villareal. Are we trying to sweeten them up for something?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why not play JRB or Sarabia there with RAN at AFCON?
Cause JRB has been playing false 9 covering hwang lately and Sarabia right mid...

the only time we have switched to a 5 as such at the back lately was against Brentford at home in the cup, Tuesday to see the game out when he brought Dawson on...but toti was still left wing back....semedo Kilman Bueno Dawson toti...

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mosquera wasn’t going to get any game time here this season but sending him out for the rest of the season at a top level could just mean that we don’t need to buy a replacement/cover for an ageing Dawson next season.

I’m tempting fate but centre backs don’t seem to get the injuries that midfielders and forwards seem to get. We’ve got enough for the season as it stands.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we shouldn't believe everything at face value from GON, but...

He says we can't afford to let Sasa leave due to very light numbers, yet a week later he leaves.
Literally a few days ago he says he wants to give Mosquera minutes here, now suddenly he's off. Both with nothing seemingly incoming.

All a bit odd.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But they weren't available so he had to play! If it wasn't for injuries and suspensions, would anyone rate Sarabia or Santi? They were getting pelters until they got in the team due to injuries.

And how are you to know how long the next ones will be or who they will come to? That's why having two options for each position is what every balanced squad should have!
You’ve just proved my point, Santi and Sarabia came in after ONE injury in their respective positions. As 5th choice it’s unlikely he gets a game, so he gets to the end of the season with no games or maybe 1-2 at an absolute push, it completely kills his development, it’s half a season waited

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You’ve just proved my point, Santi and Sarabia came in after ONE injury in their respective positions. As 5th choice it’s unlikely he gets a game, so he gets to the end of the season with no games or maybe 1-2 at an absolute push, it completely kills his development, it’s half a season waited
So by that token, you think we should loan Boubacar too? Given we have Doyle as back-up for one postion- central midfield.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cause JRB has been playing false 9 covering hwang lately and Sarabia right
the only time we have switched to a 5 as such at the back lately was against Brentford at home in the cup, Tuesday to see the game out when he brought Dawson on...but toti was still left wing back....semedo Kilman Bueno Dawson toti...
I think it is RAN that causes this confusion. Because of his immense ability to get forward, it looks more like a 4. But RAN and Bueno pick up the ball wide left of Toti on the touch line, in exactly the same way as Semedo does wide right of Kilman. It isn't Neto or Sarabia doing that on that side, so I don't their role in the team is the opposite equivalent to RANs- Semedos is.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cause JRB has been playing false 9 covering hwang lately and Sarabia right mid...

I personally see it as a back 4 in possession and a 5 when we aren’t.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it is RAN that causes this confusion. Because of his immense ability to get forward, it looks more like a 4. But RAN and Bueno pick up the ball wide left of Toti on the touch line, in exactly the same way as Semedo does wide right of Kilman. It isn't Neto or Sarabia doing that on that side, so I don't their role in the team is the opposite equivalent to RANs- Semedos is.
Watch the warm up ...please explain to me why it's just 4 players ....Shaun Derry with the defence...

Back
Top Bottom