Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Gyokeres is being linked with a £75 move to Chelsea. Real shame we couldn’t afford to make him our No. 9 signing at the time
What is it with the Portuguese league? You have a good half season for one of the big clubs and you are suddenly worth 8-10x more than they paid for you. There’s something dodgy going on there.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
guedes definitely loan, but keen reports nothing in it for buy

After struggling for game time this season and making just 14 appearances in all competitions, Benfica have now agreed to cut the loan short and Villarreal have agreed terms with Wolves on a loan deal until the end of the season.

The move is expected to be completed once a medical is done and it will not include a buy option in the loan deal.

Villarreal will also pay Guedes' full wages for the rest of the season.

The move will allow Guedes to join up with his former Valencia head coach Marcelino, who took over at Villarreal for a second time in November.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

After struggling for game time this season and making just 14 appearances in all competitions, Benfica have now agreed to cut the loan short and Villarreal have agreed terms with Wolves on a loan deal until the end of the season.

The move is expected to be completed once a medical is done and it will not include a buy option in the loan deal.

The move will allow Guedes to join up with his former Valencia head coach Marcelino, who took over at Villarreal for a second time in November.
At least they are paying his wages in full.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Just noticed Guedes is on a 5 year deal with us too. What a stupid move that was.

At least with Cutrone, Silva etc there was a sense of gambling on potential even if in hindsight it didn't work out.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not one to panic ...but we don't seem remotely close to anybody....it was always going to be a difficult task getting a striker in January, especially when you aye got no funds....some might say impossible....

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where is it mentioned about a loan fee for guedes?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not one to panic ...but we don't seem remotely close to anybody....it was always going to be a difficult task getting a striker in January, especially when you aye got no funds....some might say impossible....
Its going to be really late mate if we do anything i think, probably post brighton now, separate to what i was told about this week movement, so im wrong clearly

I guess it may hinge on jonny, guedes now sorted so last one to sort is jonny

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tell you one thing I don't get about Guedes, yes I know he wasn't keen on coming here, but I don't understand why you wouldn't pull your finger out of your **** once you are here? Being paid huge wages to play in the most high profile league in the world and yet the bloke gave the impression he was incredibly hard done by and needn't really bother. Put some effort in and play well and you'll get a big move in no time mate, what is wrong with you? Instead of bothering, he's been going from loan to loan doing very little and with no-one wanting to pay anything for him?

The bloke sulked about playing for a team in the premier league, but would currently jump at the chance of going to Saudi or being a sub for a team down near the bottom end of la liga? What an absolute tit. As is whoever sanctioned his move here given his general attitude.

A far worse signing than Fabio, because at least the later tried and put some effort in and could be forgiven somewhat. Guedes actually came with some experience and pedigree, as well as a pathetic attitude.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its going to be really late mate if we do anything i think, probably post brighton now, separate to what i was told about this week movement, so im wrong clearly

I guess it may hinge on jonny, guedes now sorted so last one to sort is jonny
I don't think it hinges at all on outgoings....I reckon we have the finances for a loan , loan option we just can't get one that is suitable...

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tell you one thing I don't get about Guedes, yes I know he wasn't keen on coming here, but I don't understand why you wouldn't pull your finger out of your **** once you are here? Being paid huge wages to play in the most high profile league in the world and yet the bloke gave the impression he was incredibly hard done by and needn't really bother. Put some effort in and play well and you'll get a big move in no time mate, what is wrong with you? Instead of bothering, he's been going from loan to loan doing very little and with no-one wanting to pay anything for him?

The bloke sulked about playing for a team in the premier league, but would currently jump at the chance of going to Saudi or being a sub for a team down near the bottom end of la liga? What an absolute tit. As is whoever sanctioned his move here given his general attitude.

A far worse signing than Fabio, because at least the later tried and put some effort in and could be forgiven somewhat. Guedes actually came with some experience and pedigree, as well as a pathetic attitude.
I think its classic case of the manager who wanted him getting sacked, and noone afterwards wanting him as much as anything else.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
For me now unless someone incredible comes available I think we should stick. Give Fraser 6 months with the forst team squad then go again in the summer when we are meant to be more financial free.

I would rather wait and get the right player then rush and get another Grant Holt because we need a body.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgetting the fact that it's Deeney the fact that the club will be on their fourth or fifth manager including caretakers since the end of last season suggests much deeper issues.

The owner being a massive narcissist and self publicist (allegedly) is a massive part of their issues…..

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its classic case of the manager who wanted him getting sacked, and noone afterwards wanting him as much as anything else.

Well at least he’s going on loan to a club with a coach who knows him, and hopefully can motivate him. With nearly half his fee amortised, we would “only” need a fee of around £17m in the summer to cover his book value. Not chump change, but also not stupid money for a fit experienced forward who is at his peak age wise. Wages a challenge perhaps, but I don’t think a barrier to a perm move. He just needs to settle, enjoy his football and play well again.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well at least he’s going on loan to a club with a coach who knows him, and hopefully can motivate him. With nearly half his fee amortised, we would “only” need a fee of around £17m in the summer to cover his book value. Not chump change, but also not stupid money for a fit experienced forward who is at his peak age wise. Wages a challenge perhaps, but I don’t think a barrier to a perm move. He just needs to settle, enjoy his football and play well again.

He should get £17m with his track record on the continent surely? Or at least I hope so……

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Perhaps we sometimes go a bit overboard on players and take it personally that they don't want to play for a club we love?

Yes, he wasn't happy here and he left after 5 and a bit months, but I don't think he ever went AWOL, missed training, refused to play, or stopped trying during games? (no more than anyone else at the time anyway).

We have to remember his time here coincided with some of the worst football and worst times off the field we have seen for a very long time, and most of his time here was under Bruno Lage and Steve Davis!

I'm glad he's gone, we don't need players here that aren't committed, but you sometimes have to see it from their perspective as to why they maybe had doubts about being here.

Reaction score
Doesnt fit this GON instant starting 9 better than what we have
If we make any signing this window (and it's still a big IF from what I can gather) it was always going to be very late. There are a number of options that have been discussed but they are firm in their view that it 100% has to be the right deal. There is some 'wriggle room' financially but not a lot and as GON has said there is no point bringing anyone is not going to improve what we've got. If we just want bench fillers, we have the U-23s for that

Back
Top Bottom