Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The **** Away

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reckon I was there to laten70s. My dad took me away there and think it was 1-1. Can’t remember too much. We lost 3-0 at home maybe same season.

You’re right that bully changed the bcd. That last min winner was gold
Yes...the bully years ramped it up a notch in terms of rivalry......prior to that wolves fans had as much rivalry with the likes of Stoke , that we did the Albion....or at least equally...

The bully years and since took it onto a new level....

I would say Albion fans are still split Villa or Wolves , it depends on if you are black country Albion or if you Birmingham side Albion probably...

Reaction score
You needed to be quick thinking didn't ya... pretty obvious what's ya gonna happen.......was about 6 of us who got straight out and over the fence....onto the bus ....like Escape to victory.....or escape to watch us lose again ....
I was on my own & I'm sure they said they would get another tram to us & didn't know the walk was that far!! Lol I saw a lad I went to school with who was a copper blocking one of the exits asked him if he could get me a lift. Unfortunately he couldn't.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was on my own & I'm sure they said they would get another tram to us & didn't know the walk was that far!! Lol I saw a lad I went to school with who was a copper blocking one of the exits asked him if he could get me a lift. Unfortunately he couldn't.
Years ago at Stoke , I was with about 15 of us and we got surrounded by 100s of Stoke ......the old bill turned in there Maria vans ...as the coppers jumped out to split us up, we jumped in the vans ....and said give us a lift ....they then thought that's not a bad idea actually.....and drove us to the station leaving the coppers stranded ....while we waved at the stoke lot as we left ......

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take Sam Smith saying he ain’t a bloke more credibly than I do any Wolves/Albion fan trying to say this one ain’t the big one and that Villa are their rivals.

I hate the ******s that much that when I have been on their forum recently since the draw was made I have to delete the link from the search history as I can bear to even see it each time I’m online.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this is such a big game presumably the Brentford replay will sell out?

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reckon I was there to laten70s. My dad took me away there and think it was 1-1. Can’t remember too much. We lost 3-0 at home maybe same season.

You’re right that bully changed the bcd. That last min winner was gold
Yes. Spring 79. John Richards equalised. Billy Rafferty scored the best goal he’d ever score only for the linesmen to flag offside :triumph:. At least it put another nail in their faltering title challenge and put us another point nearer safety :tearsofjoy:.
Pretty sure that was my first ever away game.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I take Sam Smith saying he ain’t a bloke more credibly than I do any Wolves/Albion fan trying to say this one ain’t the big one and that Villa are their rivals.

I hate the ******s that much that when I have been on their forum recently since the draw was made I have to delete the link from the search history as I can bear to even see it each time I’m online.

Where has the "Villa are our main rivals" come from?

They have never competed with Villa and they are always stating they are not in Birmingham (despite a B postcode and the ground been closer to Smethwick/Winson Green than West Brom Town centre).

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where has the "Villa are our main rivals" come from?

They have never competed with Villa and they are always stating they are not in Birmingham (despite a B postcode and the ground been closer to Smethwick/Winson Green than West Brom Town centre).
Started in the championship when they reported us to the fa….

They took the bait and bite every time

Now they say blues are there main rivals despite never going to play them anytime soon. Weird bunch of fans those Perry Barr slummers

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Now they say blues are there main rivals despite never going to play them anytime soon. Weird bunch of fans those Perry Barr slummers

Are you suggesting Blues aren’t Villas biggest rivals?

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I was referring to the albion fans who claim Villa are there main rivals,

It was a local rivalry with Villa, its a feeling of pure hatred towards Albion.

I still see Villas main derby as blues although they are unlikely to play for a number of years.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No but if they don’t play them. The rivalry weakens like us and albion. There was a time where we played blues more and that was seen the main derby for some years…. Everyone has there own perception
I can guarantee you that the absolute hatred between Villa and Blues hasn’t weakened and it wouldn’t even if they didn’t play each other for another 20 years.

If anything Villas recent “success” has only increased the rivalry.

Everyone can have there own perception as you say but Wolves v Blues has never been considered the “main derby” by either side.

We’ve played Villa regularly for 6 years but the atmosphere, tension and hostility at any of those games will be nothing compared to the 28th Jan if we get there. Not even close.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Albion/Villa is bit like us and Walsall.

Albion get all flustered at the thought, but to a Villa fan it's just hilarious to beat them and watch them furiously squirm and froth over the other club not giving two ****es about them.

For Villa, Blues is the one, the game against us is more needle than in years gone by given that we have both been the top flight clubs for a significant period of time now.

But Albion as a rival for Villa? Hah. It's just funny to watch.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can guarantee you that the absolute hatred between Villa and Blues hasn’t weakened and it wouldn’t even if they didn’t play each other for another 20 years.

If anything Villas recent “success” has only increased the rivalry.

Everyone can have there own perception as you say but Wolves v Blues has never been considered the “main derby” by either side.

We’ve played Villa regularly for 6 years but the atmosphere, tension and hostility at any of those games will be nothing compared to the 28th Jan if we get there. Not even close.
Blues and probably Stoke was always the main game I would say for a section of our fan base....dating way back to the 70s...

The rest of the support definitely Albion....

Villa has been nothing of note for either ....

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. Spring 79. John Richards equalised. Billy Rafferty scored the best goal he’d ever score only for the linesmen to flag offside :triumph:. At least it put another nail in their faltering title challenge and put us another point nearer safety :tearsofjoy:.
Pretty sure that was my first ever away game.
First trip to West Brom was with my dad back in 79 or 80. All I remember was a Mick Kearns penalty save and a song with words in it I didn't understand as we waited to get on the train.

It went:

My old man said be an Albion fan, I said....

My dad then said that if ever I repeated those words, he would break my neck - which I wouldn't have minded but for the fact he was singing them himself.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves main rivals are Albion and visa versa ........
Blue Villa are eachothers .
Always was , always will be .
Some Albion will tell you ( when it suits .......its Villa ) ......it isn't.
Wolves v Stoke , Blues are nitty gritty localish derbies but nothing like Albion .
Wolves Villa is the big clubs with pedigree derby where despite rivalry there's a mutual respect of grand old clubs .
The Blues Albion is a bit of a social club mentality rivalry where they take the mick out of their far bigger rivals and sing detrimental songs about us and Villa which never sell out ......pathetic.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was never that bothered about the Albion, given the amount of mates I had and have who are Albion fans and given we rarely play them I'm not even sure I consider them a rival, if they beat us it will be a giant killing, that's how behind us they are, and it may happen it does in one off cup games.

Villa are much more of a rival to us now and I don't mind them either to be honest, the two teams I can't stand are Liverpool and Man Utd.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was never that bothered about the Albion, given the amount of mates I had and have who are Albion fans and given we rarely play them I'm not even sure I consider them a rival, if they beat us it will be a giant killing, that's how behind us they are, and it may happen it does in one off cup games.

Villa are much more of a rival to us now and I don't mind them either to be honest, the two teams I can't stand are Liverpool and Man Utd.
My particular dislike is the ****ney teams....in no particular order just despise the lot of em....

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves v Stoke , Blues are nitty gritty localish derbies but nothing like Albion .
Wolves Villa is the big clubs with pedigree derby where despite rivalry there's a mutual respect of grand old clubs .
The Blues Albion is a bit of a social club mentality rivalry where they take the mick out of their far bigger rivals and sing detrimental songs about us and Villa which never sell out ......pathetic.
Sums it up absolutely perfectly. Especially the bit about us and Villa, as opposed to Albion and blues. Agree 100%.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Out main rival has always been Albion, especially where I am in the Black Country. It’s pure hatred.

I guess if you live more in Staffs/Brum you might come across more Stoke/Villa fans.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes...the bully years ramped it up a notch in terms of rivalry......prior to that wolves fans had as much rivalry with the likes of Stoke , that we did the Albion....or at least equally...

The bully years and since took it onto a new level....

I would say Albion fans are still split Villa or Wolves , it depends on if you are black country Albion or if you Birmingham side Albion probably...
Where I come from Stoke we’re never a rival not even considered a derby game only the Baggies neither Villa or Brum mattered just one team
That was in the sixties and seventies

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where I come from Stoke we’re never a rival not even considered a derby game only the Baggies neither Villa or Brum mattered just one team
That was in the sixties and seventies
if you live north Wolverhampton and upwards towards Stafford etc.. Then Stoke was definitely a derby.....it was quire intense in the 90s..

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if you live north Wolverhampton and upwards towards Stafford etc.. Then Stoke was definitely a derby.....it was quire intense in the 90s..
We have lots of local derbies, ****, Villa, Birmingham, Walsall, Coventry and I’ve always considered Stoke as a local derby as well but nothing will ever compare to the real big local derby which is of course Sandwell Town

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have lots of local derbies, ****, Villa, Birmingham, Walsall, Coventry and I’ve always considered Stoke as a local derby as well but nothing will ever compare to the real big local derby which is of course Sandwell Town
it wasn't what i meant in my original post ......people were saying there was no rivalry with blues etc......i just pointed out for a element of our fan base it was seen as the main one.....but not for most supporters...

Back
Top Bottom