Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
You sort of get the feeling his preference is the Bundaslega. Don’t know what grounds I’m basing this on:smile:

I’m getting Guedes type vibes with this guy.

Player coming from a big club on big wages needing a lot of convincing to sign. Will he end up being as disinterested if we sign him and end up with another dud who thinks he’s above us?

I’m wondering if the club are hoping Boulaye Dia might become available and just saving in paying his wages whilst at the AFCON and sign him towards the end of the window and trying a loan with obligation kind of deal.

Presumably Dia will be on a lot lower wages and by all accounts wanted to come and play for us. Seems to me to be more of the type of profile of player to fit in with our current set up.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You sort of get the feeling his preference is the Bundaslega. Don’t know what grounds I’m basing this on:smile:

Player coming from a big club on big wages needing a lot of convincing to sign. Will he end up being as disinterested if we sign him and end up with another dud who thinks he’s above us?

I’m wondering if the club are hoping Boulaye Dia might become available and just saving in paying his wages whilst at the AFCON and sign him towards the end of the window and trying a loan with obligation kind of deal.

Presumably Dia will be on a lot lower wages and by all accounts wanted to come and play for us. Seems to me to be more of the type of profile of player to fit in with our current set up.

There is absolutely no evidence for either of these concerns based on the reports. Nowhere has it been said that he prefers one league or club vs another. Nowhere has it been said we’ve made an offer, or an offer which has been knocked back. In fact all we’ve seen seen written is that we are interested and there may have been some discussions with his people. I think what you’re both doing is projecting your own concerns based on prior transfers which either didn’t happen or did and ended in failure.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

kin ell guys, :D :laughing:

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The annual amortised cost is spread equally over the new contract length E.g; we buy a player for £10m on a 4 year contract we amortise £2.5m per year.
If after 3 years he extends for a further year then the £10m is spread over 5 years so instead of a £7.5m charge at that point you only get a £6m charge and £1.5m is written back to profit at that point with the remaining £4m spread over the 2 years left.
Semedo being extended would have given us a write-back to profit of an element of the amortisation charge already incurred and it's possibly why we were keen to do it before the end of May (FYE).

The add-ons for MGW would be accounted for when triggered and not when any cash flows.
I don't think that's quite right in that the accounts aren't adjusted for profit write backs. The remaining amortisation is spread over the new remaining length of the contract.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No interest in being PSG's huckleberry to get out from a bad deal. I don't mind an established pro like Sarabia on a big number, but it seems unlikely Wolves will ever love having this Ekitike fella on the books.

Reaction score
Evan Ferguson didn’t kick a ball in the prem league either the Irish league is the same standard as non league where Holman come from free scoring goals. Until we get a striker those are our options…. Don’t see what the issue is we are safe this season. Time to unearth the young guns. Off the bench is no harm. I don’t see the overreaction. Brighton now have 100m rated Evan Ferguson because they took a risk. Time we did the same if we want to follow their path…. The days of signing the likes of Guedes are over!!
Wle took a chance on an 18 year old wonder kid, him being forced into the starting line up due go Rauls injuries probably completely knocked his confidence. Or hes just ****

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wle took a chance on an 18 year old wonder kid, him being forced into the starting line up due go Rauls injuries probably completely knocked his confidence. Or hes just ****
Where have I said to start them? Iv not Iv said option off the bench. Fabio has a weak mentality. Reported in the express and star crying ect. He can’t handle the pressures of playing for Wolves. Fraser and Holman off the bench give us a chance to develop them. Also Evan Ferguson came from the Irish league now 100m rated for brighton… If people want us to copy Brighton methodology, then we have to start giving younger players a chance.

If we don’t sign a forward I am sure Hobbs will of tried. He’s already said we are waiting until the end of the window to see what comes available

LW1

Groupie
Reaction score

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When does it get to a stage where there are so many clubs with ffp problems that people can't shift necessary numbers and are screwed? Unless Saudis step in, where is the money to resolve the problems of potentially so many clubs with very expensive assets to shift? It may just be my lack of understanding but is this a possibility?
Well, if it starts to hurt the top 6 then I'm sure they'll change the rules then stupid transfer fees will resume.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When does it get to a stage where there are so many clubs with ffp problems that people can't shift necessary numbers and are screwed? Unless Saudis step in, where is the money to resolve the problems of potentially so many clubs with very expensive assets to shift? It may just be my lack of understanding but is this a possibility?
Yes it's interesting... I reckon transfer fees will drop drastically I reckon across the board....

The big clubs will just cherry pick everybody's best players ....

Last edited:

Madmalc

Reaction score
Yes it's interesting... I reckon transfer fees will drop drastically I reckon across the board....
That and Wages.
FFP looks like it's being written to ensure those that have bought clubs get a return on their investment.
The wages cap for players was done away with decades ago.
FFP looks like a set of rules to limit wages to a percentage of a clubs turnover.
It will both keep the status quo of the bigger clubs and give the owners a profit.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That and Wages.
FFP looks like it's being written to ensure those that have bought clubs get a return on their investment.
The wages cap for players was done away with decades ago.
FFP looks like a set of rules to limit wages to a percentage of a clubs turnover.
It will both keep the status quo of the bigger clubs and give the owners a profit.
The big teams will just cherry pick everybody's best players. ...the games gone ..

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is what they’ve done for years anyway. Especially Man Utd in the 90s and 00s

Chelsea did it with Abramovich

Thankfully we have Mendes still with a finger in the pie
Yes ....but no every club was hampered by FFP.....the big teams always get the players ....but be they can cherry pick from nearly all clubs, as they are hampered by FFP....

If Newcastle n villa have to sell with there owners and positions in the league it's a whole new ball game...

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes ....but no every club was hampered by FFP.....the big teams always get the players ....but be they can cherry pick from nearly all clubs, as they are hampered by FFP....

If Newcastle n villa have to sell with there owners and positions in the league it's a whole new ball game...
Hopefully. Means chelsea are in big trouble too

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
80% of PL teams have FFP problems according to reports.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it refreshing that the constant increase in fees and wages is hampered a little. Maybe the allowed losses should go up in line with inflation over the years to give more allowance to teams. But it makes club realise (apart from Chelsea) you can't just keep spending money recklessly.

mad_leaf

Reaction score
Just wondering whether Wolves like a lot of other clubs are waiting to ensure they don't suffer from FFP issues on Sunday (when released) before committing to transfers.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don't want to stay in Saudi for more than a season. Yes, some of the games have attendances less than than 5000 fans which is a bad look for TV.
The party is over for Saudi Arabia. The future of football lies within Europe.

Back
Top Bottom