Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Of course, it would be a lot "easier" for him to go on loan in the championship, but it's up to the player to force his way into the team, just like it will be wherever he goes.

Really liked the look of him from his time at Fulham nonetheless
Good mates with a Fulham ST holder and feedback is he was over-hyped.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Loans with an option fair enough but yeah, given this season is effectively over for us in terms of what we can achieve it isn't worth digging a financial hole at this stage. Don't want to see us pay for five month stop gaps we can't shift in the summer just to consolidate a mid table finish.
Exactly.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Loans with an option fair enough but yeah, given this season is effectively over for us in terms of what we can achieve it isn't worth digging a financial hole at this stage. Don't want to see us pay for five month stop gaps we can't shift in the summer just to consolidate a mid table finish.

The season is not over in terms of what we can achieve. Ridiculous statement.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ings never fit wtf is this club turning into. Past it when he was at villa. West Ham panic purchased him. Wtf are we thinking here
Ings never fit, would be a terrible buy. Past it when he was at Villa. West Ham panic purchased him. Glad it’s just an unsubstantiated rumour that I don’t need to over react to.

Fixed it for you.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are there any realistic strikers we could get from South America? Would love a striker style signing like we got Gomes last January in midfield.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The season is not over in terms of what we can achieve. Ridiculous statement.

Just a realistic one.

18 to go, we need to win half of those at least. It has been fun and we are much improved but we are not as good as people suddenly seem to think we are.

AaronH02056

Reaction score
Don't want Ings either but surely some of the reaction is a bit dramatic for a 5 month loan. Not reflective of much in the long run at all..

Preferable to have someone more durable and it is illogical to have a high salary sub when the front three/four are pretty much undroppable until proven otherwise.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are there any realistic strikers we could get from South America? Would love a striker style signing like we got Gomes last January in midfield.
Yes

Pedro

John Kennedy

Yuri Alberto

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a realistic one.

18 to go, we need to win half of those at least. It has been fun and we are much improved but we are not as good as people suddenly seem to think we are.
We’re not out of the cup and we aren’t even safe from relegation yet either.

And I don’t know if you’ve noticed but we’ve already won almost half of our games in the first 20 with everything we’ve had against us.

I’m not saying we are world beaters or destined for anything but we aren’t as far away as you think.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes

Pedro

John Kennedy

Yuri Alberto
We don't have any money.........

Not over the moon re Ings, but GON has earned the right to make a choice.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we did , I think we’d need to except the idea it might be a case of buy them this January but not really expect much from them till next season.
Arguably we could do with someone now, to strongly contribute straight away.

loppers86

Reaction score
That's the spirit

A symptom of players giving their all for the manager. Yep, lets get that stopped straight away.
i’ve admitted many times that i was wrong about GON and my initial view of him was influenced by the absolute shambles that Jeff Shi presided over, starting with the dismissal of Nuno.

Last night, when Maupay scored, we were a man down and a goal down. For the first time since Nuno left I had hope that we could still turn it around. we had the manager, skillful players and team spirit to come back. That was when I realised that GON isn’t a flash in the pan, it’s pretty much down to him that we are getting to see performances like we did under Nuno the Great.

I’m fully on board with GON now - and i’m glad we gave him a 3 year contract!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly. Last 15 games we're in 6th place in the form table with about 1.7 PPG and we currently sit 3 pts off a European spot

It's unquestionably game on
One question:
How is our FFP situation vis a vis European competition? We may be ok with respect to the PL but istr that Europe has more stringent rules and we fell foul if them before.
Even if it is possible, we may not “want” to get in to europe!!!!!!

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We don't have any money.........

Not over the moon re Ings, but GON has earned the right to make a choice.
He hasn't and he shouldn't be involved in recruitment.

He's still learning his trade as a head coach, leave him to do that, let Hobbs do his thing and identify and recruit the players. He seems pretty good at it.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He's still learning his trade as a head coach, leave him to do that, let Hobbs do his thing and identify and recruit the players. He seems pretty good at it.
I find the concept of a manager having no say at all on player recruitment difficult to get my head around … especially when their fate is so closely linked to the players at their disposal. Probably a generational thing.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Similarly, we shouldn't have players brought to the club without any input.

Back
Top Bottom