Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All of that makes perfect sense.

Neto and Sa will leave this summer 100% IMO along with Sasa, Silva etc and this will give us many options and a bit of financial freedom to evolve the squad.

Johnny Phillips is bang on as per as this window is relaxed as it’s ever been in the PL but the summer is a pivotal one for us.
Opposite is reality.

Mid range clubs must ALWAYS strike while the iron is hot, or any momentum will be quickly derailed

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Normally agree but with limited funds this January, the Asia Cup and injuries, we could use the bodies just to keep the momentum.
Agree plus there’s always room for negotiation at the end of the season if he does well and settles in

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we can somewhat with a our current small squad....but obviously not starts as such....

There will be definitely minutes available
Yeah definitely minutes, but with everyone fit/available he doesn’t get into the team at the minute. I do like Carvalho though, so hopefully it’s true and hopefully we do have an option to buy in the summer. I can’t remember the last time we had a straight loan with no option. Don’t think we’ve had a single one in the FOSUN era?

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Opposite is reality.

Mid range clubs must ALWAYS strike while the iron is hot, or any momentum will be quickly derailed
Fosuns poodle, aka Johnny Phillips should really not get the open mouthed respect he gets here.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Ekitike.....moving Saza out before.... definitely signals to the lad he will play..... basically with Hwang gone he is probably almost guaranteed a start as such.....you play , you keep the shirt it's that simple....

Would suprise me if we or Mendes is dangling the carrot of first dibs on Rayan or Neto in front of PSG....

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Yeah definitely minutes, but with everyone fit/available he doesn’t get into the team at the minute. I do like Carvalho though, so hopefully it’s true and hopefully we do have an option to buy in the summer. I can’t remember the last time we had a straight loan with no option. Don’t think we’ve had a single one in the FOSUN era?
Jonny was to start with

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course, it would be a lot "easier" for him to go on loan in the championship, but it's up to the player to force his way into the team, just like it will be wherever he goes.

Really liked the look of him from his time at Fulham nonetheless

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Main obstacle being his wages…. As thought he ain’t gonna get near the €100,000 at Wolves

Back to the drawing board… Time to shop in our lane. Give me that Luton striker instead
If we really want him, that is within our budget surely. It’s about £85k, not outrageous wages for a Premier League footballer.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Would love Carvalho. Think he’s a real talent. Don’t see him getting in at Liverpool any time soon so may get another season out of him next year if things went well.

Have never seen Ekitike play so no idea what he’s like.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman being linked to West Ham. I have no idea over credibility.....

Putting 2 and 2 together and getting 1274. Absolute nonsense in both articles.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People talking about Jack Clarke, undoubtedly has ability but is lazy as ****. Has let Trippier run off him so many times today

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless we give our youth a chance… How do we know if they are good enough??

Same example Doyle and Man City. I am sure they are now thinking twice about selling him to us… Especially after his recent performances

Sazsha out the door we should be expecting a striker surely
Youth will be given a chance if they prove themselves in training or out on loan. That is the proper method .

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firmly against the idea of a loan without a buy option. We don't need to develop other clubs players. We're in a comfy situation where we can afford to develop our own. What would be the point in developing Carvalho for half a season, he becomes mustard and we lose him for nothing? Completely pointless. If there's a buy option involved, then completely different story.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we are very light and it’s a worry, however it’s catch 22. we don’t want to buy squad fodder, we need players to improve the 11 and push the existing players out. we can’t afford to do that right now…
I would say that’s exactly what we do want - squad fodder. Bar a first choice number 9.
That is we need players between the “wet behind the ears ‘ youth and our crop of talented internationals.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Oh really? I didn’t realise that, assumed we had an option on him as we signed him mid loan.
He signed for atletico Madrid and came to us on loan without playing for them.
Also Jesus Vallejo was a straight loan with no option the less said about him the better :)

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Main obstacle being his wages…. As thought he ain’t gonna get near the €100,000 at Wolves

Back to the drawing board… Time to shop in our lane. Give me that Luton striker instead
Stop being a joey....deary me..... stumbling block will be probably be wages on the option deal , not the wages for the rest of the season as such for the loan.....I would guess....

Told ya early days show a bit more ambition than Luton and Plymouth.....we are premier league despite FFP..

Wouldn't rule out a deal in the summer say we get 10m and Ekitike and PSG get Rayan .....then we Dow owe out for Angers ......just a thought, I'm as dodgy as Jorge....

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firmly against the idea of a loan without a buy option. We don't need to develop other clubs players. We're in a comfy situation where we can afford to develop our own. What would be the point in developing Carvalho for half a season, he becomes mustard and we lose him for nothing? Completely pointless. If there's a buy option involved, then completely different story.
There are short term decisions and long term decisions. And medium term …..:)

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are short term decisions and long term decisions. And medium term …..
Where does signing a player you have no chance of permanently signing when you're comfortably safe fit into that? I appreciate we're a little thin on options until mid-February, but given Liverpool also want guaranteed game time, do we want him starting most games?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where does signing a player you have no chance of permanently signing when you're comfortably safe fit into that? I appreciate we're a little thin on options until mid-February, but given Liverpool also want guaranteed game time, do we want him starting most games?
The guarantee would be a non starter . But we have the small chance of reaching Europe in the next four months .

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240106_143418_LINEUP11.jpg
When I look at that squad, there is a lovely mix of youth and experience, different cultures, backgrounds, sizes, shapes and abilities. Yes, we may be a little bit old at RWB and a bit young in MC and LWB, but overall the squad has a good balance.

Personally, I don't think the club should be expected to carry more than 2 senior players per position either- that is where keeping some solid U21s has to come in.

It is clear that we will need another striker with Fabio and Sasa gone and Gary's showing in the first half of the season means he deserves a number 9 to put his own stamp on things. If that is Hugo or Rafiu- great, if that is Danny or Che- so be it.

But, if I were Shi, I would be loathe to sanction more than that. We now have talent that cost us over £100mill out on loan (Hoever, Chiquinho, Guedes, Fabio, Sasa, Podence) and another £20odd mill kicking their heels (Jonny, Jordao and Enso). If FFP is still an issue, surely we should be looking to move that lot on in the Summer before we even think about cashing in on Kilman, Neto, Sa, Hwang, RAN et al!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom