Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cundle isn’t getting a regular start at Plymouth and he certainly wouldn’t be getting game time here ahead of Doyle, Traore or Bellagarde. If he were anywhere near good enough for us he’d be starting every week at Home Park in all likelihood? He’s talented and one of those that could really kick on with the right move (in which case a decent sell on would protect us somewhat), but I wouldn’t be too surprised if he’s found his level either?

We don't know if part of the Finn Azaz loan agreement was that he started a percentage of games? I've watched a bit of Plymouth recently and he isn't any better than Cundle, now he's gone Cundle would likely be a regular starter.

I'm not advocating for us to involve Cundle in the first team squad, he isn't ready for that, I just think 2 mill is too cheap and he would benefit from staying at Plymouth for the rest of the season

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
Ffp is real it doesn't matter if your owners have billions, watch Newcastle this window they can't spend. So you either sell and reinvest, you do silly contracts aka Chelsea which is just crazy or you breach and hope for forgiveness. Forgiveness has gone! We will have to sell just like Brighton have done, it's the smart approach it's rubbish as fans as you lose player connection but it allows the club to be competitive and grow to be a force!
Question? is it a coincidence Villa sell there best player for years but then gain buying power to invest and are now reaping benefits. It's the only way to compete it's not about being a selling club the figures are so big now it's the only way to compete

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't know if part of the Finn Azaz loan agreement was that he started a percentage of games? I've watched a bit of Plymouth recently and he isn't any better than Cundle, now he's gone Cundle would likely be a regular starter.

I'm not advocating for us to involve Cundle in the first team squad, he isn't ready for that, I just think 2 mill is too cheap and he would benefit from staying at Plymouth for the rest of the season
I certainly wouldn’t kick off at us turning down the £2 million and this happening, but I still think its a decent deal all things considered. Maybe it gives us that bit extra FFP leeway too?

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me when Neto's sold in the summer we get another player at reduced rate. Makes sense all round especially with FFP if they definitely want to come to us that is.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me when Neto's sold in the summer we get another player at reduced rate. Makes sense all round especially with FFP if they definitely want to come to us that is.
If its City I could see Mcatee being offered? Perhaps Nelson if its Arsenal? Utd maybe Mctominay? Whether we would accept any of those of course would be another matter? £80 m-100 million or so budget for our scouting team could be very interesting indeed?

Liverpool will prob offer £50 million payable over a decade so we can prob count them out. Don’t want them palming us off with any of their wonderkids again either

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If its City I could see Mcatee being offered? Perhaps Nelson if its Arsenal? Utd maybe Mctominay? Whether we would accept any of those of course would be another matter? £80 m-100 million or so budget for our scouting team could be very interesting indeed?
Will be more than 100m

Fosun might invest a little

Sales of Podence, Guedes maybe Fabio and Sasa that’s going to be maybe £50m even on the lower side of things. Take off Jonnys wages and whoever else may leave. The grass is looking very green at Molineux towers.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With his injury record I'm not sure it would be that high but bidding war who knows. If City want him yes Mcatee is a good shout.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be more than 100m

Fosun might invest a little

Sales of Podence, Guedes maybe Fabio and Sasa that’s going to be maybe £50m even on the lower side of things. Take off Jonnys wages and whoever else may leave. The grass is looking very green at Molineux towers.
Absolutely. We may lose one or two stars in truth, but no reason why we shouldn’t expect to bring in 5/6 very good players. New GK, CB, RB, CM, winger and striker?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought City always had buy back clauses
They do love a buy back clause. It’s following the Italian and Spanish approach. I was told there was a buyback on Doyle but it was a time period one, was told he would get a 5 year deal and the clause disappeared at 2.5 years.

Reliable source from in the commercial department who has access to deals

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They do love a buy back clause. It’s following the Italian and Spanish approach. I was told there was a buyback on Doyle but it was a time period one, was told he would get a 5 year deal and the clause disappeared at 2.5 years.

No reason not to believe buddy. Either way, he's ours.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dont think he will go this january but if Pedro proves his fitness in second half of this season reckon theres a 99.9% chance we wont see him in a wolves shirt again after this season. Will definitely want to go and big clubs will be circling. All about getting the best fee and hopefully he doesnt force our hand too much.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think he will go this january but if Pedro proves his fitness in second half of this season reckon theres a 99.9% chance we wont see him in a wolves shirt again after this season. Will definitely want to go and big clubs will be circling. All about getting the best fee and hopefully he doesnt force our hand too much.
Hopefully he gets in the goals between now and the end of the season, the rest of his stats are great but his goal output stops us getting proper top buck for him

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully there is a clause that we can buyout the 50% sell on fee on Doyle. I wonder what the buyback fee would be?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You made it sound the clause was being added rather than there in the beginning.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn’t kick off at us turning down the £2 million and this happening, but I still think its a decent deal all things considered. Maybe it gives us that bit extra FFP leeway too?

Yeah things sound a bit tight FFP wise and as you say it might give us leeway to bring in that forward we need, I'm just desperate for our academy to produce a quality player or 2

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hopefully he gets in the goals between now and the end of the season, the rest of his stats are great but his goal output stops us getting proper top buck for him
Certainly wouldnt hurt. Still think that teams already know his worth which is why they are interested already. Expecting about a Nunes type fee ~£50mil. If he gets a load of goals or assists we can always increase asking price!
Looked sharp when coming on against brentford

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Believe they did the same with Luiz at the Vile

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah things sound a bit tight FFP wise and as you say it might give us leeway to bring in that forward we need, I'm just desperate for our academy to produce a quality player or 2
They are producing plenty (hence the sales the last few years). I suppose we’re a victim of our success currently. If we were back in the championship like the pre Fosun years we’d probably have half a team of homegrown players now, but currently it’s a massive ask to get academy players into premier league teams

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are producing plenty (hence the sales the last few years). I suppose we’re a victim of our success currently. If we were back in the championship like the pre Fosun years we’d probably have half a team of homegrown players now, but currently it’s a massive ask to get academy players into premier league teams
Yeah in terms of out and out first teamers I can only ever see us producing the odd one here and there at this level as things stand? Hopefully we can produce another on the level of Gibbs White soon and manage things a little better next time when we do?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah in terms of out and out first teamers I can only ever see us producing the odd one here and there at this level as things stand? Hopefully we can produce another on the level of Gibbs White soon and manage things a little better next time when we do?
I think that’s the clubs plan as well. It’s just obviously harder the higher you go to do that. I do think a lot of getting them in the first team is down to the manager/coach. As much as I love(d) Nuno he didn’t seem to want to risk young players (Vitinha, Gonçalves, RAN, MGW examples as to who didn’t get a proper chance). GON seems a bit more fluid with it and I think had he been in charge then they might have seen more game time. It’s a tightrope though as ultimately what the first team does will always be the priority

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly wouldnt hurt. Still think that teams already know his worth which is why they are interested already. Expecting about a Nunes type fee ~£50mil. If he gets a load of goals or assists we can always increase asking price!
Looked sharp when coming on against brentford
That’s my feeling. I’m sure some think we’ll get £80 million for him but he doesn’t get anywhere near enough goals for that amount. If he could get 5-8 goals before the season ends that could put him in the £60 million bracket

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Normally agree but with limited funds this January, the Asia Cup and injuries, we could use the bodies just to keep the momentum.

This is my thinking, just get bodies in for the rest of this season then do some proper squad building in the summer.

Biggest issue re: Carvalho is that Liverpool recalled him from his current loan due to lack of game time, they may feel sending him to a top champ side will be better than sitting him on Wolves' bench, or why not just leave him at RB Leipzig?

Back
Top Bottom