Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton verdict

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finally we do what we should to a rubbish team. Hasnt happened often recently. Enjoying watching a Wolves team often play good football and scoring goals.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got no internet and keep losing power because of all these bloody storms so i havent seen a game in quite a while now, but 3 fantastic wins in a row. Credit to GON and the boys, we are doing really well right now. If this keeps up i may become a believer!

Reaction score
Wtf? We were better than last ffs
3/4 of that Forest/Man U match was utter dross. Given that our last two matches missed out on MOTD altogether I'd thought (hoped!) we might at least be on third (after Luton/Chelsea and Villa/Burnley). Silly me!

Now that we're halfway through the season, it would be nice if they could replace the Podence/Nunes footage to show at least one current Wolves player in the intro too!

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i have to hold my hands up and say gary o’neil has been amazing.

i was furious that shi had got us into the mess where we needed a fire sale and thought o’neil was just a continuation of the poundland strategy-i was wrong.
Fair play for posting that. Are you starting to like him even though he accepted the Wolves job? ;)

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got no internet and keep losing power because of all these bloody storms so i havent seen a game in quite a while now, but 3 fantastic wins in a row. Credit to GON and the boys, we are doing really well right now. If this keeps up i may become a believer!
Can't fully commit though, that'll mean the 'I knew he wasn't good enough' card goes off the table, and the chance is gone.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you've missed our last 3 games then, well, you know what you need to do...

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last on; & Lineker tried unsuccessfully to discuss how good Wolves were & was just ignored/shut down by Keown & Dublin who preferred to fill the time available discussing Everton's shortcomings.
Laughable really. All down to Everton’s failure to implement a back 3, rather than any active efforts on our part to destroy them

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finally we do what we should to a rubbish team. Hasnt happened often recently. Enjoying watching a Wolves team often play good football and scoring goals.
Rubbish is a stretch considering we've only earned two more points lol

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some serious humble pie after that, warra win. Absolute top stuff.

Gazball ay it

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last on; & Lineker tried unsuccessfully to discuss how good Wolves were & was just ignored/shut down by Keown & Dublin who preferred to fill the time available discussing Everton's shortcomings.
MOTD's whole structure needs a shakeup, the amount of mediocre pundits they have on there is laughable.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Laughable really. All down to Everton’s failure to implement a back 3, rather than any active efforts on our part to destroy them
Just read the BBC headlines about the Forest win; 'inconsistent and awful, Man Utd are back to worst'. I'm no Forest fan, but they beat Utd fair and square, because they attacked them consistently. But when some of the smaller teams beat the bigger ones, it must be because the bigger teams had an off-day.
Be nice if the winning teams were given credit for a job well done, rather than the failings of the losing teams, but I guess it's all down to preaching to ones audience.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could be wrong but it did look as if RAN wasn’t too pleased to be subbed.
He was not happy, no. But I think that was more that he was having a field day. Considering his beaming smiles and celebrations during the goals, I’m sure he’ll cope.
He’s looking even more confident than ever.
Still sketchy in those final decision, but boy does he glide. Beautiful footwork, or indeed, filthy, as Spiers et al would say.

fleck1

Reaction score
Don't remember the last time I've enjoyed a performance that much. How it wasn't 6 or 7 I don't know, Everton were grim but we were at it from the first to last whistle.
Hwang, Cunha and Sarabia interchanging and popping up all over the pitch, Doyle and Gomes totally dominating the middle of the park and RAN & Nelson causing absolute chaos down the wings.
If this is Gazball I'm in.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best performance for quite some time, straight from the kick-off. Not conceding an early goal and a good mix of the long and short game, though Hwang's decision-making twice left something to be desired. Doyle filled in for Mario seamlessly, allowing Joao to go marauding higher up the pitch - all in all a top-class performance against a solid side. Pity our two disallowed goals didn't stand as the 1st was beautifully constructed and the second showed the benefits of a high press. And when was the last time we had 2 central defenders score ?

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best home performance since Liverpool H last season under Lopetegui. That one silky move in the second half was outstanding. Doyle was my MOM really stepped up and controlled the tempo of the game. No brainer we sign him in the summer.
Good to see Neto return but wish when he's in he tries and pass it in the net rather than leather it.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have been different if Shearer and Richards were on.
Got a big hug and a few words from Gaz in the dugout.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A great performance and difficult to choose a man of the match. What was most impressive was the sense of togetherness from the players, the kind of gutsy performance we used to see under Nuno.

Gary has got the right players in the right positions and they clearly want to play for him and one another. It's a great sign for this season and the future if we can add further quality players who fit in with the ethos he's developed.

A candidate for MOTM must be Semedo. As well as doing his usual job well at times he was playing some sort of inverted wing back position, cutting inside to switch the play. Everton had no way of stopping it given their midfield already had their hands full with Gomes and Doyle.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I noticed that, he kicked a water bottle as he walked past the Steve Bull. He also wandered back onto the pitch as he came across the North Bank.

I got the impression it was frustration that he wanted to score/stay on the pitch rather than anything else. He's the sort who's body language is easy to read if he's ****ed off and his performance didn't suggest that at all.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noticed that, he kicked a water bottle as he walked past the Steve Bull. He also wandered back onto the pitch as he came across the North Bank.

I got the impression it was frustration that he wanted to score/stay on the pitch rather than anything else. He's the sort who's body language is easy to read if he's ****ed off and his performance didn't suggest that at all.
He's the sort of player who acts impulsively. I think he just wanted to see the game out for Mario.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For whatever reasons we just arent media darlings. The only way to shut these ******s up is with consistent performances and working our way up the table.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For whatever reasons we just arent media darlings. The only way to shut these ******s up is with consistent performances and working our way up the table.
On the contrary I reckon I've heard more compliments about us this season than even under prime Nuno, which for all its success was not a neutral's favourite

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just watched MOTD recording. Hilarious. As predicted by many, rather than talking about any of our good stuff it was all about how poor Everton were in defence. So predictable. Oh well, never mind - we know what matters. On to 2024...

Back
Top Bottom