Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No better than giving Fabio or Saza a chance .....Adams will end up at Burnley or Luton......a desperate punt by one if those clubs ...
That’s what I’m thinking. Clearly our manager doesn’t rate either?!

Adams to Luton not a bad shout. Kind of player that would do well there.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Adams is pretty average, not as terrible as as some are making out, but both us and Everton wanted him in the summer. Infact Saints pulled the plug on us last minute, so clearly we have someone at the club who rates him and think he can offer something? I dare say they won’t have changed their minds and have decided he’s now carp and a waste of space based on the past few months where he hasn’t been played much? I could just see him ending up here as a cheap stop gap option given we won’t seriously be able to spend until the summer. O’Neil clearly didn’t rate Silva and Sasa doesn’t fit what he wants.

I wouldn’t be dancing cartwheels, but I wouldn’t be losing my **** either. It would give us a chance to try Cunha in this free role and give Hwang a rest from time to time at least. Here is hoping for far better though obvs.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Regarding Kieffer Moore, would you be concerned if that's the profile of striker O'Neil is wanting over what's already here?

Think Che Adams is a decent shout though, a kind of 'bustling' striker with strength and mobility

Yes. I’d be hugely concerned. But like I said in the post, I’m certain it is me putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.

Was just thinking of potentially available, cheap strikers from the Premier League and Championship and they were pretty much the only two I could come up with. Both previously on our radar. Both would fill a hole to provide cover on a short term basis. And one who has previously played fairly regularly under O’Neil.

I don’t think we have the money to bring in anyone who would replace Cunha and Hwang and I can’t see other clubs letting some of their younger strikers (Broja, Veliz) come to us where they won’t be getting regular game time.

I’m sure it will be someone completely different, probably on a loan with an obligation in the Summer. Apart from those who we have been linked with before (Dia, Ekitike), my knowledge of strikers in European leagues isn’t good enough to make any other realistic suggestions.

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Che Adams is probably slightly better or more ready than Fabio ....my only problem is IF we have FFP problems I wouldn't understand the expenditure or cost to do it.....I would simply not bother and make the books look better ...

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. I’d be hugely concerned. But like I said in the post, I’m certain it is me putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.

Was just thinking of potentially available, cheap strikers from the Premier League and Championship and they were pretty much the only two I could come up with. Both previously on our radar. Both would fill a hole to provide cover on a short term basis. And one who has previously played fairly regularly under O’Neil.

I don’t think we have the money to bring in anyone who would replace Cunha and Hwang and I can’t see other clubs letting some of their younger strikers (Broja, Veliz) come to us where they won’t be getting regular game time.

I’m sure it will be someone completely different, probably on a loan with an obligation in the Summer. Apart from those who we have been linked with before (Dia, Ekitike), my knowledge of strikers in European leagues isn’t good enough to make any other realistic suggestions.
there’s a dearth of strikers about.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’ll be playing Europa league which is good and for a side that are used to winning trophies. But the majority of the opposition is probably worse than championship level he should score plenty.
I'd say league one at the best.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say league one at the best.
Depends which teams. Aberdeen and the Edinburgh teams for example are mid table Championship for me. St Mirren continue to defy the odds.

where it drops off a cliff is the division below. the local junior team i watch occasionally sold their best player to Arbroath in the Scottish Championship.

that’s the equivalent of conference north to Championship. he doesn’t start but he’s a squad regular.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some strikers who we might look at;

Boulaye Dia (obvious)
Che Adams (obvious)
Mohamed Amoura (obvious)
Akor Adams (Montpellier)
Serhou Guirassy (Stuttgart, likely out of reach for us)
Vangelis Pavlidis (AZ)
Kevin Denkey (Brugges)
Farus Moumbagna (Bodo)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sheffield united according to some have enquired into firmino , if there was any chance of bringing him back to the prem id want to be all over that, that would definitely fit the 9 needed
Blades have a Saudi owner - perhaps seeking to take advantage of that?

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Putting 2+2 together (and undoubtedly / hopefully making 5), given we have little money to spend and are probably looking for a low-cost option to provide short-term cover whilst Hwang is away and a different option off the bench when he is back…

…Kieffer Moore?

Not getting minutes at Bournemouth, played relatively regularly under O’Neil and was on our radar before we signed Sasa.

Wouldn’t be my choice and not sure there would be any logic in getting rid of one big centre forward only to replace him with another but he is very good in the air and does press from the front.
Not sure Keiffer Moore suits what we're looking for. I'd prefer to keep Sasa than swap

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking. Clearly our manager doesn’t rate either?!
I'm not sure it's about rating. Neither sasa or fabio can play the style GON wants. Both are box players really. Fabio can press but he's awful at holding the ball up and useless in the air. Both look much better in the box than outside it.

Back
Top Bottom