Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

GON wheels come off?!

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given we always appear to be set up to try and stop the opposition rather than enforcing our game on them, I'm not surprised that the players are watchful/passive when they start.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely disagree. No time at all in football or any job.

There's a massive contradiction here if he's performing how you expected, why such heavy critique?

And your bottom sense finally tells us where you sit with this. I think you lack objectivity, and you are going round and round in circles.

As usual, the truth is somewhere in the middle;
Some good performances; United, City, Spurs
Some not so good performances; West Ham, Brighton, Palace
Some indifference performances; Forest, Burnley, Liverpool

Shown some naivety, some really good stuff and is very honest and less cynical, showing a refreshing change / lack of experience depending on where you sit.

I didn't want him in charge in the first place, but see absolutely no point in this kneejerk, opinion as fact posting that keeps coming out on here, not aimed at you Sir, every time we dare lose a game.

We don't have any money, so who realistically is going to come in?

Lastly on Primark Mourinho, he didn't have a pre season either, but with him being such an elite coach, shouldn't he have performed far better than this novice is, considering the squad he had was so much better?
None of this excuse about being on the beach for the two thrashings either, an elite manager would not have dared let that happen.

We had a poster on here demand that the players apologised for a One all draw to Forest.

Did we demand the same losing by six and five?

Be fair and rational is all I try and plead on here.

Lecture over

Realised one point I thought I replied to and didn’t.

Poundland mourinho took us from multiple points from safety and bottom of the league to the 10th best form team in the league. He even beat our current manager by two points when GON I think had an 8 point advantage.

So JL outperformed GON last season with a massive deficit to make up. Then with where we were, survival over performance was what mattered when we were so many points from safety.

This season with the three newly promoted teams being so poor and the survival tally tracking at 27 (could still drop lower), there is more room to be expansive and try things in attack to be more positive in games.

Last season We scored more than 2 goals against a very good liverpool team. I struggle to see us scoring more than 2 under GON any time soon.

And GON has lost more games conceding 3 or more than JL in less than half the games….. that is a fairly damning stat!

One point this season we were responsible for over 50% of second half goals conceded when the full leagues tally for all teams second half goals conceded had hit 25.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Realised one point I thought I replied to and didn’t.

Poundland mourinho took us from multiple points from safety and bottom of the league to the 10th best form team in the league. He even beat our current manager by two points when GON I think had an 8 point advantage.

So JL outperformed GON last season with a massive deficit to make up. Then with where we were, survival over performance was what mattered when we were so many points from safety.

This season with the three newly promoted teams being so poor and the survival tally tracking at 27 (could still drop lower), there is more room to be expansive and try things in attack to be more positive in games.

Last season We scored more than 2 goals against a very good liverpool team. I struggle to see us scoring more than 2 under GON any time soon.

And GON has lost more games conceding 3 or more than JL in less than half the games….. that is a fairly damning stat!

One point this season we were responsible for over 50% of second half goals conceded when the full leagues tally for all teams second half goals conceded had hit 25.
He hasn't been stuffed 6. 0 and. 5 0 away from home though like your beloved Lopetegui

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a constant need to compare GON to those that have come before him.

Unique set of circumstances so unfair for me. All guilty of it I guess.

Like people going “well we don’t normally beat (insert team name here” which is rubbish as each season is different and also we have a new manager. So he should be setting his own stall out.

Because if you have that mindset we wouldn’t beat anyone who has beaten us before, it is very defeatest.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like people going “well we don’t normally beat (insert team name here” which is rubbish as each season is different and also we have a new manager. So he should be setting his own stall out.

Because if you have that mindset we wouldn’t beat anyone who has beaten us before, it is very defeatest.
When he's had time to set his stall, I'll be more inclined to judge him accordingly. that's the point we will never agree on.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He hasn't been stuffed 6. 0 and. 5 0 away from home though like your beloved Lopetegui

No just conceded 3 or more, more times in less games…… so he has tried lol

I think that is much worse…..

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When he's had time to set his stall, I'll be more inclined to judge him accordingly. that's the point we will never agree on.

So when has he had sufficient time in your view? As we are only 5 games short on JL’s total tenure…..

So you judged JL, but you won’t judge GON……

bit odd that one mate.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I was at the Emirates last season and this, last season we were on the beach, but the only real difference was that they were more clinical. We could easily have lost by 5 again. The constant reminders of that game are a bit silly. Would love to count how many times it's mentioned compared with putting Liverpool to the sword at home - not a low block counter-attack, actually playing them off the pitch, we did had Neves though....

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The illness was supposed to be gastrointestinal wasn't it? No reason why that should have been passed on with simple preventative measures.

Yes, no close contact. Which would explain our tactics. Stay as isolated as possible while on the pitch. Also, no hugging allowed, which must be why we chose not to score any goals.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So when has he had sufficient time in your view? As we are only 5 games short on JL’s total tenure…..

So you judged JL, but you won’t judge GON……

bit odd that one mate.
Not at all.

JL is an established manager with a much stronger squad to call on than we have now.

He did well. I rarely call his ability into question?

GON is far less experienced and joined on the back of a turbulent pre season too.

Why is there a need to try and hold GON to account just yet? Take a step back and consider it all.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not at all.

JL is an established manager with a much stronger squad to call on than we have now.

GON is far less experienced and joined on the back of a turbulent pre season too.

Why is there a need to try and hold GON to account just yet? Take a step back and consider it all.

So when will you judge him? How much more time does he need in your eyes?

This is top level football, 3 1/2 months is longer than you think with how much time they all spend together.

But the lads were very well set up for that first game against United by JL….. it was not a hospital pass at all. The first game against United couldn’t have been impacted by GON, he wasn’t in long enough to do anything tactical with them.

The press and patterns of play was done by JL and his team and the movement was that from the last pre-season game.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So when will you judge him? How much more time does he need in your eyes?

This is top level football, 3 1/2 months is longer than you think with how much time they all spend together.

But the lads were very well set up for that first game against United by JL….. it was not a hospital pass at all. The first game against United couldn’t have been impacted by GON, he wasn’t in long enough to do anything tactical with them.

The press and patterns of play was done by JL and his team and the movement was that from the last pre-season game.
i’m going to leave this discussion here. you’re not for turning and i respect that, but you’re too far away from middle imo to be able to reason with on this.

I disagree. on most aspects of your viewpoints here. but you know this and suck me back in!!! ;)

have a good one mate.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i’m going to leave this discussion here. you’re not for turning and i respect that, but you’re too far away from middle imo to be able to reason with on this.

I disagree. on most aspects of your viewpoints here. but you know this and suck me back in!!! ;)

have a good one mate.

Like the mob mate……

Just when you think you are out, I pull you back in hahahaha

Have a good one too mate

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heavy loss tomorrow many will want him gone again. With Brentford & Everton, brighton Man Utd chelsea next things won’t get much better for us. We will be back in the mix if we don’t improve soon

Maybe we could line up Steve Cooper and Big Sam ready to step in to save us
Do we need saving?

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also didn’t cunha start most games?

And hwang played a lot of minutes too…… if he didn’t start he got on for decent time.

GON is leaving sasa on the bench completely……

So JL used his options far

Hwang is a separate issue and I agree that he should have been taken off.

I don't agree that just because we're paying Sasa/ Fabio then we should automatically be using them. It's easy to say we have 2 strikers on the bench, he can't moan about options, however Fabio has proven not to be good enough and Sasa is injury prone. We are hoping to shift both on in a few weeks so why risk them when the game is gone?
Can you imagine the uproar had one of them got injured meaning we couldn’t move them on and get a different striker.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you imagine the uproar had one of them got injured meaning we couldn’t move them on and get a different striker.

Could you imagine the uproar if hwang had popped a hammy taking out leading scorer out for a while and we left a goal scorer on the bench…….

Being played in the red zone and not trusting the sub can make that happen……

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could easily be 3-4 points off the relegation zone in mid January.

The complacency on this site is off the scale.

We are trending downwards - mark my words.
Don’t know if it’s complacency………all we can do is watch and hope.
What else is there? Constant complaining and finding fault doesn’t change anything.

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

have a good one mate.
Yep there comes a point when it's not worth trying to debate when someone is so entrenched in their views regarding a particular issue or person, in this case GON

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep there comes a point when it's not worth trying to debate when someone is so entrenched in their views regarding a particular issue or person, in this case GON
indeed. i’ve tried to be more tolerant over the years and while i respect everyone’s view it’s best sometimes to shake hands agree to disagree and bookmark it for when you’re proved right ;)

Back
Top Bottom