Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jonny Castro Otto

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, there was another party involved in the incident. One much younger, and less experienced in such matters. Isn't it possible that he inadvertantly disclosed (some of) the story to either a friend, family member, colleague, or an ex-colleague at a previous club ? Basically, its all hypothetical, but I don't see how Wolves as a club, could reap any benefit whatsoever by leaking the story.
I wont believe anything until Mr Atwell has verified it on VAR!!!!!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So not being pedantic……

It came from an employee of the club then……
Now who's being pedantic? OK, so Doris in the kitchen was looking out of the window and saw the whole thing, mentioned it to her grandson, and in true Chinese whisper style became the story we have read. So because Doris works for the club, let's blame the arch devil, Jeff Shi.

Before giving Doris the big Ess aich one tee, I made that up, and a merry Christmas to all my readers.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Between players, coaches, media people and just general Compton employees, I would guess at least 25-30 people saw it happen in real time, then given how everyone loves a gossip at work I imagine every other person at the training ground knew before days end. When you think how many contacts journalists would have at the club there was zero chance this wouldn't get leaked. It's nothing to really get that bothered about, it would be impossible for any club to keep something like that under wraps.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now who's being pedantic? OK, so Doris in the kitchen was looking out of the window and saw the whole thing, mentioned it to her grandson, and in true Chinese whisper style became the story we have read. So because Doris works for the club, let's blame the arch devil, Jeff Shi.

Before giving Doris the big Ess aich one tee, I made that up, and a merry Christmas to all my readers.

Where did I blame Jeff shi in that post you replied to?…….

The story got out of the club….. it didn’t appear via magic……

Players shouldn’t be sharing stuff like this, what happens on the paddock should stay on the training paddock with stuff like this.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So not being pedantic……

It came from an employee of the club then……
Which is why I've been referring to 'Wolves, as a club' not benefitting.
Obvious that it came from someone within the club, unless some Mixer was up a tree at Compton in anticipation of the January transfer market...

D

Deleted member 13560twfw

I am not going to name them. Yet I know some journalists who do have contacts within the club. Yet, until the club put out an official statement. It's more of a 'he said, she said'. Thing. I can't go on gossip alone. If I went on rumours, I would be believing all kinds of fairytales. Like down the pub, when people talk so much about so many random things. Nothing is going to direct my mind to judge the incident, until an official spokesperson, or the club write it down. Even then. Reading in-between the lines. The U21 player got a bit arrogant, and was having a joke at Jonny's expense. He got offended, and then things escalated. I don't think Jonny is a bully, yet like previously said. He is easily provoked. The way it's scripted at the moment, makes Jonny sound unhinged when I don't think that is entirely the case. In a court of law. This would be dismissed as lack of evidence. As it's just hearsay.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This Jonny story……

Jonny and the club want to keep it within house, which is fine.
Jonny has been great for us, so let’s show some loyalty and let this pass.

After all, it’s none of our business

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This Jonny story……

Jonny and the club want to keep it within house, which is fine.
Jonny has been great for us, so let’s show some loyalty and let this pass.

After all, it’s none of our business
Such a shame for it to end this way for Jonny. Fantastic player for us and a great guy by most accounts.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been a class player for us and a true professional. People have tiffs in training
sessions all the time. I hope it gets sorted and wherever he goes in the future, I wish him all the best.

Bloody crap this has gotten out!

Interesting that first Percy got a quote out of the GON inner sanctum about Fabio’s time being up and now this getting into the public domain.

The ship has never been this leaky…….

I want to know what has changed, as this cannot go on and continue if we are to get a tight and close dressing room. Players need to feel safe and know that issues will be handled internally without the world knowing if they do act/lash out in training and it being well out of character.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
tried to elbow a youth player, spat at a coach and smashed up a Tv hardly professional
Methinks that you missed the word "allegedly" unless of course you have the proof which has so far been conspicuous only by its absence.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody crap this has gotten out!

Interesting that first Percy got a quote out of the GON inner sanctum about Fabio’s time being up and now this getting into the public domain.

The ship has never been this leaky…….

I want to know what has changed, as this cannot go on and continue if we are to get a tight and close dressing room. Players need to feel safe and know that issues will be handled internally without the world knowing if they do act/lash out in training and it being well out of character.
The last time things were this leaky was under Shamberk. Common factor British backroom staff witn links to tame journos?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Methinks that you missed the word "allegedly" unless of course you have the proof which has so far been conspicuous only by its absence.
Was officially announced. Couldn't help thinking they just want to move him on.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh dear, hadn't seen that. Sorry @SuperGran.

There does seem to be a pattern of crap leaking about players (and coaches) they want to move on. If said players started doing the same about the management though.....

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Would’ve have been easier to move on if he’d kept his head down rather than let everyone know he’s been a dick head

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would’ve have been easier to move on if he’d kept his head down rather than let everyone know he’s been a dick head
Perhaps intended to silence fans who wonder why zero pace Doc gets picked?

Sooner or later players will fight fire with fire. Then the same types who slagged off JL because they take everything from the club as gospel truth will get upset.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
tried to elbow a youth player, spat at a coach and smashed up a Tv hardly professional

These things happen every day in professional sport when an idiot goes in too hard during training…. Which is said to be what happened here…..

He didn’t hit him…. He swung out….. my god, what a joke people are hung up on this…. If the kid did go in too hard, he is lucky he didn’t hurt Jonny or Jonny hitting him and actually teaching him the valuable lesson not to go too hard in training with the often accepted “slap” or “physical retaliation” by other players and coaches. Even now in the modern game, giving a slap or getting very very physical with a team mate who leaves one in on on a team mate is accepted and I am all for it!

I got slapped by a team mate for doing it, never did it again. I did it to a team mate…. He never did it again. Happens every day in football and rugby.

Breaking a table and tv in the changing room….. not a disaster and again will have happened many times in regards to broken tables/flipped tables across the country in all leagues…..

I know of current England players who are idolised SMASHING WINDOWS at training grounds in the last 2 years….. you just don’t hear it.

Welcome to elite sport!!!!! Testosterone fuelled environments, filled with people trying to be their best and don’t react well and lash out when someone in training puts that at risk.

The spitting was disgraceful and should never be tolerated…. But you don’t know where he is mentally in regards to his injuries and how he reacted to a kid “allegedly” trying to snap him in training.

But let’s get past the tv, table and only swinging the elbow part…. All of that is storm in a tea cup in professional men’s sport.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Easier to find a buyer, but a pretty strong hint to him. The spitting thing is a bit of a cultural issue I guess, less of an absolute no-no in Spain, but I'd imagine kicking off at an u21 a senior pro thinks is out of order is a pretty regular event at many clubs. Could easily have just had a mysterious injury, no need to go public.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last time things were this leaky was under Shamberk. Common factor British backroom staff witn links to tame journos?

Kind of where I was going with it……

They need a place to land and keep their brand in the public conscious if the worst was to happen at wolves.

So a trade off for stories to keep relationships and opportunities of work is very very likely.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has this been confirmed as 100% true?

Edit: Does the Athletic count as gospel? I guess so?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easier to find a buyer, but a pretty strong hint to him. The spitting thing is a bit of a cultural issue I guess, less of an absolute no-no in Spain, but I'd imagine kicking off at an u21 a senior pro thinks is out of order is a pretty regular event at many clubs. Could easily have just had a mysterious injury, no need to go public.

It is tolerated and would accepted up and down the country, If a youngster has gone in too hard on a senior pro during training.

The coaches would tell the youngster he deserved it and learned his lesson and be told to just get on with it and move on

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is tolerated and would accepted up and down the country, If a youngster has gone in too hard on a senior pro during training.

The coaches would tell the youngster he deserved it and learned his lesson and be told to just get on with it and move on

I appreciate Jonny both as a person and as a player, and nothing changes that. But I'm quite amazed at how far people are ready to go to defend this sort of behaviour just because its been done by a player we all like.
The 80's and before might have been different but I know the inside of the professionel sports environment quite well too, and trying to slap or elbow a teammate, spitting at a staff member and smashing up things is completely unacceptable and not going on every day at all.

Having said all that, I still agree with both Hobbs and GON that's this incident is not defining Jonnys time with us. He made a huge mistake, it has been dealt with and we move on.
But let's not pretend this is normal acceptable behaviour. It isn't and shouldn't be.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, I am telling you it would and is in the prem today!!!

I shared earlier, I know of CURRENT England players who have shattered windows, damaged property and even broken an academy players nose in a bust up for a late challenge.

Nothing was done in any of those situations…. Other than the player paying to replace what they broke.

I played academy footy, saw it happen at my club and when I played high level semi pro rugby union (league below the championship) in the 2000’s it happened and was accepted.

The spitting as I have said wouldn’t be accepted and should never be!

Fairplay mate. I appreciate you might have seen it first hand, which I obviously accept as factual. I've certainly seen the same in the 80's and 90's but from all I heard things had changed. But I accept it might not completely have.
Also it seems obvious player status comes into it. I've a feeling a current key first team player just like an England International might have been given a different sort of punishment, than a fringe player.
Always easier for clubs to act tough in these situations with less important players.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fairplay mate. I appreciate you might have seen it first hand, which I obviously accept as factual. I've certainly seen the same in the 80's and 90's but from all I heard things had changed. But I accept it might not completely have.
Also it seems obvious player status comes into it. I've a feeling a current key first team player just like an England International might have been given a different sort of punishment, than a fringe player.
Always easier for clubs to act tough in these situations with less important players.

Great and fair point about player status!

It happens a hell of a lot less than it used to, but it happens way more than people would care to think. As the players are still highly competitive and driven and at times they do react to bad challenges as careers can be ended in an instant. Plus testosterone can really fly!!! Also egos can be so big now, so a kid smashing them can cause massive reactions……

Look at chiqinho, crocked in a behind closed doors friendly at the training ground…… I bet he reacts badly if someone goes hard on his bad leg in training.

The truth js, clubs protect the players and trust that if it is dealt with privately then no one has to lose/look bad. That means so much to players now where their image/brand mean so much.

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
These things happen every day in professional sport when an idiot goes in too hard during training…. Which is said to be what happened here…..

He didn’t hit him…. He swung out….. my god, what a joke people are hung up on this…. If the kid did go in too hard, he is lucky he didn’t hurt Jonny or Jonny hitting him and actually teaching him the valuable lesson not to go too hard in training with the often accepted “slap” or “physical retaliation” by other players and coaches. Even now in the modern game, giving a slap or getting very very physical with a team mate who leaves one in on on a team mate is accepted and I am all for it!

I got slapped by a team mate for doing it, never did it again. I did it to a team mate…. He never did it again. Happens every day in football and rugby.

Breaking a table and tv in the changing room….. not a disaster and again will have happened many times in regards to broken tables/flipped tables across the country in all leagues…..

I know of current England player
s who are idolised SMASHING WINDOWS at training grounds in the last 2 years….. you just don’t hear it.

Welcome to elite sport!!!!! Testosterone fuelled environments, filled with people trying to be their best and don’t react well and lash out when someone in training puts that at risk.

The spitting was disgraceful and should never be tolerated…. But you don’t know where he is mentally in regards to his injuries and how he reacted to a kid “allegedly” trying to snap him in training.

But let’s get past the tv, table and only swinging the elbow part…. All of that is storm in a tea cup in professional men’s sport.
Any chance you can let us know some names?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any chance you can let us know some names?

Can’t, because I get told these things by mates and contacts who work at clubs and as these names aren’t in the public domain and I would never betray the trust to get them in trouble.

Sharing anonymised anecdotes is one thing, sharing the names is the other

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last few times we saw Jonny play, he was nowhere near the pre-injured Jonny and there was lively discussion on here about whether he should play again. He'd lost his form (due to the two serious ligament injuries) and didn't look like regaining it. His time at Wolves was up and it appeared that the club would welcome getting him off the payroll. Not many of us saw Jonny as the future.
I was a big fan of Jonny in his prime. A player who always gave 100% and was a 7 or 8 consistently. However, he is never going to get back to those levels and his career is only going one way. He's 30 in March and his best days are behind him.
Wolves is a team who need squad harmony to make up for deficiencies in player abilities and lashing out at team mates, breaking other peoples/club property and spitting at coaches, is not a way to achieve that.
Whilst putting an over-enthusiastic youngster in his place seems accepted by some, surely trying to elbow said player is as bad if not worse than the tackle when coming from a 'seasoned pro'. Two wrongs rarely make a right!
It's a shame that Jonny's time at Wolves looks like ending in this way, but it is what it is. He's no longer good enough for a bang-average Premier League team and it will be better for all concerned that he move on quickly.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last few times we saw Jonny play, he was nowhere near the pre-injured Jonny and there was lively discussion on here about whether he should play again. He'd lost his form (due to the two serious ligament injuries) and didn't look like regaining it. His time at Wolves was up and it appeared that the club would welcome getting him off the payroll. Not many of us saw Jonny as the future.
I was a big fan of Jonny in his prime. A player who always gave 100% and was a 7 or 8 consistently. However, he is never going to get back to those levels and his career is only going one way. He's 30 in March and his best days are behind him.
Wolves is a team who need squad harmony to make up for deficiencies in player abilities and lashing out at team mates, breaking other peoples/club property and spitting at coaches, is not a way to achieve that.
Whilst putting an over-enthusiastic youngster in his place seems accepted by some, surely trying to elbow said player is as bad if not worse than the tackle when coming from a 'seasoned pro'. Two wrongs rarely make a right!
It's a shame that Jonny's time at Wolves looks like ending in this way, but it is what it is. He's no longer good enough for a bang-average Premier League team and it will be better for all concerned that he move on quickly.
If Neto had done what Jonny is accused of we’d never even hear about it. The club want Jonny off the wage bill and this has given them some leverage to achieve that.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neto had done what Jonny is accused of we’d never even hear about it. The club want Jonny off the wage bill and this has given them some leverage to achieve that.
Possibly. But then, more fool Jonny for giving the club the reason.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How does it give them leverage? If I was trying to sell a player the last thing I’d want is it in the public domain that he trashes the dressing room, spits at a coach and elbows a team mate. If anything it’s sent a massive sign to anyone interested that we’d potentially take a lower price now just to get him out the club.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How does it give them leverage? If I was trying to sell a player the last thing I’d want is it in the public domain that he trashes the dressing room, spits at a coach and elbows a team mate. If anything it’s sent a massive sign to anyone interested that we’d potentially take a lower price now just to get him out the club.
We probably realise we ain't getting a price for Jonny....we will just want to save on his wages going forward......

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We probably realise we ain't getting a price for Jonny....we will just want to save on his wages going forward......

Right so why would you work to kill off any opportunity of potentially getting anything? We had an offer for him in the summer, and he was playing **** then. Difference was there was nothing in the media about him spitting and elbowing the club he’s paid by

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sent to train with the under 21s means there’s no chance of him getting first team game time so they're hoping he’ll leave like they wanted to him in the summer. At this stage just getting him off the wage bill would be a win for the club.

Reactions: Ian

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right so why would you work to kill off any opportunity of potentially getting anything? We had an offer for him in the summer, and he was playing **** then. Difference was there was nothing in the media about him spitting and elbowing the club he’s paid by
Jonny wanted to stay for his wages....not to fight for his place ....they are showing him where the door is....

Anybody can probably have him for nowt....we ain't stopping a 10m fee ...we nw we ain't getting a fee . Any fee will be nominal at best ...

What they dont want is Jonny on the payroll Feb 1st......that's why it's all come out ...there will be NO fee ..

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jonny wanted to stay for his wages....not to fight for his place ....they are showing him where the door is....

Anybody can probably have him for nowt....we ain't stopping a 10m fee ...we nw we ain't getting a fee . Any fee will be nominal at best ...

What they dont want is Jonny on the payroll Feb 1st......that's why it's all come out ...there will be NO fee ..

So again why does letting it out into the public eye that he has assaulted staff and players help them in any way shape or form, in getting him off the books? Unless one of the key qualities clubs look for when signing a player is someone whose going to throw their toys out the pram when they don’t get picked despite having shot legs?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So again why does letting it out into the public eye that he has assaulted staff and players help them in any way shape or form, in getting him off the books? Unless one of the key qualities clubs look for when signing a player is someone whose going to throw their toys out the pram when they don’t get picked despite having shot legs?
Alerting the entire world he is available...maybe...

They have gone to town with it ...to make Jonny realise he isn't wanted.....get off our wage bill....none of this hanging around for your pay cheque....

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alerting the entire world he is available...maybe...

They have gone to town with it ...to make Jonny realise he isn't wanted.....get off our wage bill....none of this hanging around for your pay cheque....

You can alert the entire world someone is available by putting them on a transfer list, not by selling said transfer listed player as a nightmare who likes to spit at staff, trash a dressing room and elbow a teammate.

They could have made Jonny aware of all of that in the conversations he had with the club, not by leaking it to the media. Although I imagine he worked it out himself when everyone and their dog was being picked ahead of him to play in his position.

Back
Top Bottom