Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal Verdict Thread

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Think I have finally given up with Semedo…such a gifted player technically but my god the amount of times he gets into great positions and hits the first man! He should have double figure assists every season but we’re lucky if he gets one!! What I would give for a centre forward who can bully defenders and actually give them a game! We are so nice and weak up top…nothing sticks! Not sure what Sasa’s strengths are but we’re not playing to them. Some good spells today but ultimately first 20 minutes killed us and Arsenal probably had at least 2 more hears to go up. On to Tuesday.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes.. for me, Cunha starting to find the target and building confidence is a major + for us. Gonna need him to keep contributing with Neto out.

I do think if we can get Neto, Hwang and Cunha all fit and firing at the same time, we could make quite a charge up the table.
Agree. All very determined, hard working lads, and Neto and Cunha are both technically brilliant. None are >15 goals a season forwards (the upgrade would be a Toney-level striker in place of Hwang... Good luck with that!) but around 7-10 each isn't all that unrealistic.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always turn up optimistic but post Sheffield, Fulham and today it does start to wear you down.
Our "cup finals" will be played at a lower level beginning with Burnley and Forest.
The positives for today are that we found couple of good boozers in Kentish Town.
Can these boozers play centre forward?

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Bentley's distribution was miles better than Sa. Hwang is turning into Podence, falling over, rolling about, holding his face; it's starting to seriously **** me off. He needs to stay on his feet.
Rightly booked for an awful dive when we had good position for counter attack. Hope he gets a *******ing.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Beat by a much better side. At least they didn't roll over and get proper pumped after being 2 down so early, probably down to Arsenal in cruise control tho. Great strike from Cunha. We need our better players back.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A much better performance than we gave under the messiah last season.

They blew us away in the first half hour. We were always a threat on the counter, but we were well beaten today.

Thought Cunha was very good today, and he’s getting in the habit of scoring goals too

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always turn up optimistic but post Sheffield, Fulham and today it does start to wear you down.
Our "cup finals" will be played at a lower level beginning with Burnley and Forest.
The positives for today are that we found couple of good boozers in Kentish Town.
Which boozers did you go to? Used to live up there

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always going to difficult today with the players we had out. Not a great start from us and a good one from Arsenal things didn’t look good, but we managed to get a foothold in the game, and be a bit more competitive, but without really threatening much. Great Strike from Cunha. Kept up our record of scoring in every game since Man U. Only losing by once might be enough to buy us another place at the end of the season if it comes down to GD. Can never be too happy with a defeat but far from the disaster it could have been

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beat by a much better side. At least they didn't roll over and get proper pumped after being 2 down so early, probably down to Arsenal in cruise control tho. Great strike from Cunha. We need our better players back.
I think if Arsenal scored one of their chances to make it 3 in the first half hour.. it would have been a very different story..

Sa going off actually have us a few mins to compose ourselves and we looked much better after.

Reactions: Ian

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
tough match but no disgrace. Burnley and forest are going to be tough too....

loppers86

Reaction score
Might comment properly later, but mostly just to say proud of the lads, Arsenal pulled us around well and we made some mistakes, but no lack of pride or effort. Two long trips for nothing, but it'll feel OK if we win the home games.
losing to fulham is not ok. we got it badly wrong with both tactics and subs. we should have won that even with VAR cheating for them.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Think I have finally given up with Semedo…such a gifted player technically but my god the amount of times he gets into great positions and hits the first man! He should have double figure assists every season but we’re lucky if he gets one!! What I would give for a centre forward who can bully defenders and actually give them a game! We are so nice and weak up top…nothing sticks! Not sure what Sasa’s strengths are but we’re not playing to them. Some good spells today but ultimately first 20 minutes killed us and Arsenal probably had at least 2 more hears to go up. On to Tuesday.
Take your point on Semedo offensively, but I did think he handled Martinelli well.
As for Sasa, he's loveable, but I can't swear to having seen him haad the ball yet!

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Take your point on Semedo offensively, but I did think he handled Martinelli well.
As for Sasa, he's loveable, but I can't swear to having seen him haad the ball yet!
I know mate…he’s head and shoulders above everybody but never wins a header! I just crave a number 9 who makes centre backs lives hell and can bully them for 90 minutes. We are so weak up front that every time a long ball goes up it comes straight back. HAS to be priority in Jan and we have to get it right!

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Sasa doesn't win headers because he can't / doesn't think he has to jump. Gave me Silva vibes today just going around needlessly fouling people

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Did something happen to sa between the goals? His positioning for the second was very odd. You'd think he'd move a bit more centrally when the cut back was made. Not saying he would have saved it, even if he was moving more freely at this point, but was a nice big open target for odegaard to strike at.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The "Parakeet"and "The Pineapple".
Mention should also go to "The Hawley" in Camden Town, and further up (towards Kentish Town), the "Lion and Unicorn.
All decent pubs. The Hawley and The Parakeet are both old regulars for me. Good are for boozers in general

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
didn't expect anything from the game and got nothing, hopefully will have a full fit squad for the Christmas period games for some mid table points. P.S please **** on notts forest chips

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Paul “ever so slightly Arsenal biased” Merson said at the end that “this Wolves side will give teams in the top half problems.” Hopefully we give two teams in the bottom half problems next week. 4-6 points from the next two please and Burnley fresh from a 5-0 win won’t be easy.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Late goal gave us hope. Arsenal by far the better side and really should have won by a much bigger margin. Think those two early goals lulled them into cruise mode and us being more competitive second half gave us a slim chance at the end. Still, at least it wasn’t an other 5-0 or more drubbing.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paul “ever so slightly Arsenal biased” Merson said at the end that “this Wolves side will give teams in the top half problems.” Hopefully we give two teams in the bottom half problems next week. 4-6 points from the next two please and Burnley fresh from a 5-0 win won’t be easy.
In some ways them winning 5-0 might not be a bad thing for us. They could come and attack and try to outscore us which would make for a great game.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One of (if not) the least enjoyable games of this season. For me, the fact that Arsenal didn’t hammer home their first half dominance and allowed us back into the game, papered over the cracks.

We were okay in patches but the truth is, we don’t really have enough quality in depth when a few players are out.

I still feel it’s too early to judge Sasa but I don’t think the way we play and the physicality of the Prem, is going to help.

I am not going to name players but for me, there are 3 positions on the pitch, which if upgraded to the standard of the rest of the team, would make us a very good side. Hopefully Gary can see it and it can be addressed when we have the funds available.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe a controversial take.. but I actually think when a player hits the post in a one-on-one, you can’t really say the goalie got beat. Perhaps he closed the angles down well enough that the attacker couldn’t hit the target.
I mean from a far away shot, sure. But the post right after we scored today... I'd say, no.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am missing something but how many teams have had players booked for pretending to be fouled outside of the penalty area (Hwang)? Obviously us, but not sure I have seen it too many times. I would like to see it happen more, but it won’t,

Yorkshire Wolf

Reaction score
I’ll take that score , not judging individual performances because of how much quality Arsenal have they’ll make anyone look ****

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bentley had a reasonable game.

Tough game

Positives : Bentley blooded in , lemina and Gomes ‘rested’
Cuhna scoring a good goal and confidenxe

No injuries (except Sa)

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In some ways them winning 5-0 might not be a bad thing for us. They could come and attack and try to outscore us which would make for a great game.
Bournemouth getting nine put past them last season did us no favours. Had they beat Liverpool, I'd have been more confident.

Reactions: Ned

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were OK, but the way we concede goals is becoming a huge worry. I keep saying it, but if there weren't 3 really, really poor teams at the bottom this season could be very awkward for us. 4 points minimum from the next 2 games and we can continue building nicely. Anything less and I think a bit of pressure will be back on us.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched from section 111 amongst the Arsenal fans who were surprisingly complimentary and knowledgeable about this Wolves team and a few mentioned how we'd been robbed of 7 points by VAR. ( even though I didn't mention my Wolves allegiance.)

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When are we going to start a game at the first whistle?

Very poor first 80 minutes, we actually gave them a game in the last ten.

Hwang though. Stop simulating you’ve been fouled, it’s getting ridiculous and rightly booked. He’s gone right off the boil and I’d drop him

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were OK, but the way we concede goals is becoming a huge worry. I keep saying it, but if there weren't 3 really, really poor teams at the bottom this season could be very awkward for us. 4 points minimum from the next 2 games and we can continue building nicely. Anything less and I think a bit of pressure will be back on us.
Yes. Agreed. We do lack quality but you can’t question our fight. 4 points or better this week please

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I missed today's game. What is Sa's injury please, how did it happen and how serious is it please.

Back
Top Bottom