Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Spurs verdict

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Make no bones about it, we were excellent against Man U, excellent for the first half against Liverpool and actually played some good stuff against Brighton.

The posters on here who can see further than the end of their own nose saw it. The rest had an embarrassing meltdown.

Hilarious how there’s still a few who hate giving our manager credit. You were wrong. Get over it.

I'm not really seeing where people arent giving him credit when he does something good. Saying people are wrong after 12 games is laughable really. We could go on a great run, or we could collapse in a heap like we did under Lage after a good run where we were on the verge of getting a top 4 spot, and plenty of people back then ( including you ) were out with these sort of "i told you so "posts and look what happened there. I'll stick to calling it game by game at the moment. If we are ****, i'll say so. If we do well, same again, i'll say so. At the moment, we are exactly where i believe any half competent coach would have us, we are a middle of the road Premier league side.

I wouldnt be using that United game as a good barometer of performance either, everyone pretty much performs well against them. They are hopeless. The Liverpool first half is probably more a fair reflection of our capability to play some good football.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those last 10 minutes were a bit spicy weren’t they? Why not show that fight for the whole game?
Fight didn’t win us that game, skill and the courage to play football the right way until the end won us that game. Cool heads, ability and determination, I’ll concede, but that wasn’t missing the rest of the game, we played well all match IMO.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not really seeing where people arent giving him credit when he does something good. Saying people are wrong after 12 games is laughable really. We could go on a great run, or we could collapse in a heap like we did under Lage after a good run where we were on the verge of getting a top 4 spot, and plenty of people back then ( including you ) were out with these sort of "i told you so "posts and look what happened there. I'll stick to calling it game by game at the moment. If we are ****, i'll say so. If we do well, same again, i'll say so. At the moment, we are exactly where i believe any half competent coach would have us, we are a middle of the road Premier league side.

I wouldnt be using that United game as a good barometer of performance either, everyone pretty much performs well against them. They are hopeless. The Liverpool first half is probably more a fair reflection of our capability to play some good football.
However. if we hadn't been at the wrong end of appalling VAR decisions we'd have probably had 6 more points and been 6/7th.
Then again, as the song goes ,"If is for children".

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woke up this morning and was thinking about the game and it suddenly struck me, that at no point recently really have I thought, god we miss Neves - and that really hit home for me as I was gutted when he left although it d accepted it was going to happen, as he really was the lynchpin to me of wolves at its best. So to realise that this morning really hit home to me how well we have done in a) replacing that hole that he left and b) adapting our play with what we have to make it so I haven’t felt a need to miss him, which with how devastated I was about him leaving is another massive achievement for me really

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woke up this morning and was thinking about the game and it suddenly struck me, that at no point recently really have I thought, god we miss Neves - and that really hit home for me as I was gutted when he left although it d accepted it was going to happen, as he really was the lynchpin to me of wolves at its best. So to realise that this morning really hit home to me how well we have done in a) replacing that hole that he left and b) adapting our play with what we have to make it so I haven’t felt a need to miss him, which with how devastated I was about him leaving is another massive achievement for me really
Gomes and Lemina were absolutely awesome yesterday.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn’t be more proud or delighted for the boys, after two weeks of dodgy penalties.

Disaappointing to concede just 2:14 in and the defending for the goal was very lacklustre. Nelson should know that you can’t give a play like Brennan Johnson that much space to roam into and we paid for it as such.

Once the first 10 was out the way, our physicality and desire got well on top of Spurs, even if movement on the ball did feel slow in periods and that opportunities were spurned.

Cunha absolutely should have passed that shot he fired over.

Good timings for the subs and those fresh legs ultimately were the key - Sarabia’s touch and finish were outstanding, brought on by a good quick throw by Toti and fantastic awareness by Matheus to ping the ball.

And the winner occurred, thanks to Tommy Doyle getting straight on with the Free-Kick, really showing that never say die attitude.

Also Sa made a big save toward the end, Gomes was a beast in the middle of park and some of the Central-Defenders cross field balls were absolutely majestic.

Think we need to be a bit quicker on the ball and do far better at Set-Pieces (not least corners…) and I imagine Gary will nail nail that into them.

Regardless, football isn’t beaten when such glory happens in such a manner and way.

And even whilst waking up with a slightly worn voice, at Silverstone’s Hilton after partying with 200+ others with fellow Circuit Volunteer Race Makers, I wake up ecstatic!

Bring on Fulham!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fan perspective from the North Bank - captured more than the TNT highlights. The misses look even worse, but I simply don't care. The uploader has done an excellent job.

*Note from admin due to reports this video contains a whole host of swearing so if you are of a sensitive disposition please take caution
Ha love it.

‘Oh **** off you ****ing ****er’

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Apparently Son has played 11 times against us and hasn’t scored one goal.

A great player, but he doesn’t seem to turn it on against us and did nothing today. Dawson and Kilman kept him out of the game.
Son never turns up when Spurs play the big boys.

Timberrrr

Reaction score
I’d put some water in your beer if I were you.

He has improved a hell of a lot this season. RAN gets up and down his line regularly and has really improved his fitness levels. Great feet and has the confidence to beat a player. He will get better as well imo.

He’s obviously a favourite of GO and I rate him better than Bueno.

All about opinions.
Dunno bout water after watching him I need whiskey chasers.
If nothing else have a look at his corners today and look what happened when he went off.doyle and sarabia are both 10 times better

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Those last 10 minutes were a bit spicy weren’t they? Why not show that fight for the whole game?
I've never seen a game that was spicy for 90 mins. Every player gave their all, along with passion, you can see it. .....So maybe take your head for a well earned **** and find a team to support that plays spicy football for 90 mins.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Really good result, the players won it with a never give up attitude that should put fear into all future opponents.
The individual flashes of excellence were underpinned by the hard graft of everyone working together, for each other.
Looking at the way GON now has the players and team individually and collectively playing to their strengths, we're almost unrecognisable from the teams that the managers between Nuno and GON fielded.

We're just 12 Premier league games in with GON working with the players and but for some barmy officiating would be vying for Europe.

The future looks brighter than it has at any point since Covid.

COYW

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great result, albeit a rather expensive one for me. Listened on the radio, and when the equaliser went in, I went crazy. The Garrard's gold chain snapped and I lost a few links.
The winner then generated a few moves that Olga Korbut would have been proud of, but it also meant that my watch was damaged. Where the hell do you get a Rolex Daytona repaired?

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great result, albeit a rather expensive one for me. Listened on the radio, and when the equaliser went in, I went crazy. The Garrard's gold chain snapped and I lost a few links.
The winner then generated a few moves that Olga Korbut would have been proud of, but it also meant that my watch was damaged. Where the hell do you get a Rolex Daytona repaired?
Could you maybe lend Fosun a few Bob in January?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dunno bout water after watching him I need whiskey chasers.
If nothing else have a look at his corners today and look what happened when he went off.doyle and sarabia are both 10 times better
I do agree that his corners were poor, but that’s just one game.

Judge him over the season as he is still well in credit imo.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Were Wolves awful in the Liverpool game.....

Give your head a wobble.....
We were excellent in the first half, and then we got it wrong. Things were going downhill fast and players looked unhappy. Let's not rewrite history. It was what it was. GON looked out of his depth and players looked unhappy.

I'd said give him until the villa game if you check back and it was only his ridiculous interview that changed my mind (pre man city) where he blamed everyone else. There's no defending that.

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
Depends whether it’s a real one or a 10 dollar Fosun one.

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
What a great result.
I had two thoughts before the wonderful late goals.
1. We had nobody that could hit a cows **** up an entry with the back of a shovel.
2. How many wasted corners did we take?
How good could we be with Raul back in at his best? Find us a real number 9 instead.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess I'm happy today because of the past disappointment of the UEFA Cup Final and the subsequent League Cup Semi Final.
Any victory over Tottenham Hotspur will always be gladly received, as indeed it is today.

Same here. I was 14 when we lost the UEFA cup final and I'm still bitter about to this day. Not that I bear a grudge or anything :D

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
Not sure about the gold chain, but the Rolex you could take to Bilston Market.

Ask around and you can get a new one for a tenner!

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes for me, played great. Has a winning mentality and Doyle another young player who is always up for it. On yesterday's evidence can't see Sarabia being on the bench so often. My verdict. Don't leave early.

There was a couple in front of me who left on 88 minutes. I just don't understand it.
I hope they enjoyed hearing the crowd roaring as they beat the traffic.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it was going to be another hard luck story,for all our possession we were struggling to carve out anything clear cut, then cue Pablo Sarabia to have his most impressive 12 minutes in a Wolves shirt.

I honestly think I celebrated those goals harder than any others in years,maybe since the famous Man Utd Cup tie in 2019.

I know Spurs were pretty decimated by injuries, but the goal aside, that was probably the worst performance by them I've seen against us.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will message you the details, but send it to my PObox along with the chain, they will be repaired and returned within a week, no charge, cushty!

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep thinking what an amalgamation of Nuno's best and Gary's best would look like - entirely possible given their ages and fee sizes.

Just a prime Raul would elevate us to where Villa are at.
Not being done by var would do that, a prime Raul would take us higher.

Back
Top Bottom