Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Spurs verdict

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s nice to get what we deserve, it really is.

We started so sluggishly, almost static and sat back with zero pressing. When Spurs scored I thought we’d be in for a long afternoon. Thankfully 96 minutes was just about long enough.

After the first 15 minutes it was all us IMO and we were much the better team. I though Joao Gomes was amazing and my MOTM, Lemina also excellent.

I found Semedo and Cunha deeply frustrating. The former just doesn’t know what to do once he gets in the final third and he wasted at least half a dozen good chances to make a better decision. Cunha seemed to be anonymous and the game passed him by, I was surprised he wasn’t subbbed.

HOWEVER…. His pass to Sarabia was fantastic and as for the finish……outrageous. Goal of the season contender already.

The winner was something I won’t forget in a hurry, complete scenes in the BW upper!

We deserved it, they were diving and cheating ****s.

I love this club.

Last edited:

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fan perspective from the North Bank - captured more than the TNT highlights. The misses look even worse, but I simply don't care. The uploader has done an excellent job.

*Note from admin due to reports this video contains a whole host of swearing so if you are of a sensitive disposition please take caution

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deserved that. Awful game.
Yes we deserved it but I thought it was an excellent game and very entertaining. Apart from the first 5 minutes we were the better team and played very well - Dawson was immense, the back 3 were excellent, the midfield broke up play and passed and moved quickly and in triangles to get us up the pitch, some of our passing was great, we switched play etc etc.
Admittedly we were wasteful in the final third but at least we were getting up the field and creating opportunities. I genuinely thought it was a good performance from us.
I am sure that Spurs fans will bemoan the loss of 4(?) key players but hey have a better squad than us and we were were missing Neto. We beat a team challenging for the top spot when a few week ago (post Ipswich) some of us, inc me, were openly suggesting that GON should go.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fan perspective from the North Bank - captured more than the TNT highlights. The misses look even worse, but I simply don't care. The uploader has done an excellent job.

I've watched all the highlight vids as sadly I couldn't attend today but....

This is THE funniest thing I've seen for weeks. Please have a beer and a laugh at these guys

Great weekend all

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deserved that. Awful game.
There was some nice Football played, but apart from the explosive end to the match, virtually no chances created which is ultimately why we watch this sport. Spurs created nothing besides the goal, and we had maybe two proper chances (Cunha and Hwang) and a half-chance (Sasa). In terms of action at each end, it was pretty awful. But then, it exploded into life through an inspired substitution!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To coin a phrase **** the entitled ****! Second best team in North London lol.....

Just found his full watch along on YouTube. 2 hrs in and it approaches extra time, and he loses it. Not for those who don’t like swearing :)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is THE funniest thing I've seen for weeks. Please have a beer and a laugh at these guys

Great weekend all
Love it, particularly the black guy..... Had to share that with my Ghanaian OH lol... Mind you she supports Chavski.....

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
for those who have watched the video I linked above, you may have heard them say the term "Sarabia buyo"

buyo is Japanese for 'dance'

Sounds like pablo needs a new song ;)

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not got home to Sheffield yet. What was going to be a 90 minute Semedo moan fest journey, turned into a three hour (so far…), celebratory Derby pub stop off. Sarabia was also going to be on my main list when he came on. Couldn’t believe GON thought he was the answer.

No doubts in my mind, I’m a ****ing ungrateful, unsupportive *****.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not got home to Sheffield yet. What was going to be a 90 minute Semedo moan fest journey, turned into a three hour (so far…), celebratory Derby pub stop off. Sarabia was also going to be on my main list when he came on. Couldn’t believe GON thought he was the answer.

No doubts in my mind, I’m a ****ing ungrateful, unsupportive *****.
Thee and me both mate (but l ain't in Derby lol).

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Great weekend all
The Korean blokes really deliver. A lot of times these vids are all basically the same thing over and over, but the contrast between the lad losing it with anger and the Korean blokes in their ties is just so good.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Random point but I saw so many Korean fans today, way more than I expected and also all decked out in Wolves gear. Absolutely love it, great to see our fan base growing. Hope we can get the tour on in the summer, a real shame we missed out on that.

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
Random point but I saw so many Korean fans today, way more than I expected and also all decked out in Wolves gear. Absolutely love it, great to see our fan base growing. Hope we can get the tour on in the summer, a real shame we missed out on that.
Was a couple of Korean fans in the family area and the girl and a Son shirt on! Was asked to put her jacket back over the top by the steward.

Last edited:

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. I’ve grown to like him. He has proved a lot of doubters wrong. Probably 80% plus wanted him out after Ipswich game. But he’s turned the corner and made us very hard to beat. No team will fancy coming to molineux

Yep, something huge changed after the city game. Make no bones about it, we were awful before then and he was giving the most ridiculous interviews. I don't think he did well under pressure to say the least but the win changing everything.

However, he went back to basics and ever since we've look like a mid-table side lacking a forward line - which is exactly what we are. He's no tactical genius but he does seem to have got them playing together again, unlike those first few games.

It's also important to point out that the squad was always half decent, even if still a bit lacking at centre-forward and without enough options at the back.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah saw loads. Probably because Son was there too

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was a couple of Korean fans in the family area and the girl and a Son shirt on! Was asked to put her jacket back over the top by the steward.
More than a couple - we got in earlier than usual today and for a brief moment I thought we were playing away at Ulsan Hyundai FC.

Never seen so many tourist fans with half and half scarves filming the game as I did today.
Most seemed happy enough (and a little shocked at the celebrations - yes even in the family enclosure) when Wolves scored the winner mind!

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More than a couple - we got in earlier than usual today and for a brief moment I thought we were playing away at Ulsan Hyundai FC.

Never seen so many tourist fans with half and half scarves filming the game as I did today.
Most seemed happy enough (and a little shocked at the celebrations - yes even in the family enclosure) when Wolves scored the winner mind!
Did you give it the biggun to them at the end Noel?

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me,Toti has made a big difference to the way we have started to defend and play.
He's a dependable 7/10 every week, looks like he is getting better with every game, and whatever the formation,is becoming undroppable.
He didn't look very good for there goal

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, something huge changed after the city game. Make no bones about it, we were awful before then and he was giving the most ridiculous interviews. I don't think he did well under pressure to say the least but the win changing everything.

However, he went back to basics and ever since we've look like a mid-table side lacking a forward line - which is exactly what we are. He's no tactical genius but he does seem to have got them playing together again, unlike those first few games.

It's also important to point out that the squad was always half decent, even if still a bit lacking at centre-forward and without enough options at the back.
I can certainly accept your last point, the squad was not that bad, Lage was doing a dreadful job to have had us bottom, and by the same token, Lopetegui staving off relegation wasn't the greatest achievement since sliced bread. He did improve fitness and instilled a belief in themselves, but performances weren't that great. This seasons performances, while needing more consistency, are much better.

Back
Top Bottom