Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bournemouth Verdict Thread - Up the Gary !

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Still, 11 points and up to 12th, nobody should be disappointed with that after the calamitous pre-season Fosun served up. Wasn't pretty today but the points at the end of the season are the most important thing.
11 points from 9 matches, 12th, and having played a fairly difficult set of fixtures (the athletic had wolves second most difficult after the Bournemouth schedule coming into the weekend) so far after a crazy preseason.

The boys seem generally pretty happy, so let's see what they can do. I feel like top half at the new year isn't impossible....

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw the first 80 minutes live on TV, avoided seeing the score for about 10 hours and then just watched the rest. Would’ve been a tragic draw, but Sasaaaaaaa!

I don’t think there’s a whole lot to be taken from this one that could be applied to another in the PL. I guess the number of chances we gave up to that steaming pile of a 10.5-man squad was concerning.

Last edited:

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen a few more highlights and read more-detailed reports on the game. Some great interplay between Hwang and RAN, great shot from Neto early on when he rattled the crossbar.
Pathetic play-acting from Hwang to get Cook sent off. Yes, it changed the game and yes, all clubs do it to us, but if it was Podence, then there'd be outrage on here. It's an area (and there are many) of the game that is deplorable!

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unfortunately as others noted, without his reaction, there’s a good chance no action would have been taken. God know how many times we’ve been on the receiving end of such theatrics, so until we have better officiating, then play the game we must.
Totally agree with this. Look at the Bellegarde one v Luton. If play acting means we get an advantage then fill your boots lads, other sides don't think twice about it. Being nice won't get you anywhere in this league. Hate it but we have to do as the rest do.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we have a half decent season we will. I'm a little more confident right now we will be ok but thats more down to the lack of quality of at least 4 other teams. However, i dont think having a strategy of just looking to stay in the league na dmake profits is one that will bring success.
I don't think we are looking for success in all honesty. Profit and retaining prem status is the goal.

Madmalc

Reaction score
If we have a half decent season we will. I'm a little more confident right now we will be ok but thats more down to the lack of quality of at least 4 other teams. However, i dont think having a strategy of just looking to stay in the league na dmake profits is one that will bring success.
I agree it won't bring overnight success, Fosun keep saying they're with us for the long haul. GON looks like he could also be here for the long haul. We have to wait and see if FFP has real teeth in the Premier League.

I'm glad Cunha scored early on in the second half, before he'd wasted too much energy defending the goal post from opposition corners, then running the length of the pitch to support the attack. I'm not sure why we play like that, but it doesn't help him score goals.
Doyle looks a very good, alternatively skilled, midfielder to disrupt and change games for us.
Sasa looks clinical, he and Hwang might develop into goal scoring machines with Neto and Doyle feeding them.
The team played for GON.
11 points from 9 games and 12th in the table is better than some mixers expected when JLo walked out.
Bring on the Geordie's. UTW.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
Been suffering from double vision after a cataract op last Tuesday.

I thought I read we had won 4-2! :)

Great result and just delighted.

Just soak it up Mixers, enjoy the weekend and give Gaz and his team some well earned credit!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was embarrassing how he went down. It was a red, but i dont like the play acting to get people sent off, its as bad as Podence. Sadly, its a blight on the modern game.

Sadly, the blight on the modern game is the officials are so bad, if you don’t make something blatantly obvious, they’ll probably miss it.

Much rather have one of our players criticised on MOTD for overreacting, than them talking about how Cook was lucky to stay on the field after headbutting someone.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
There is a long way to go but there are signs that we are improving and we will hopefully not be involved in a relegation battle this campaign.
Pleased for GON, My doubts are receding.
If we do have to sell Neto in January ,I hope that we can bring in a couple of decent promising youngsters.
The team are looking like a unit and the togetherness is obvious
I am hopeful of a top half finish.
COYWss

Aussie_Wolf

Reaction score
Been suffering from double vision after a cataract op last Tuesday.

I thought I read we had won 4-2! :)

Great result and just delighted.

Just soak it up Mixers, enjoy the weekend and give Gaz and his team some well earned credit!
It was a hard-earned 6 points against the 22 men of Bournemouth. Master stroke from the O' Neil twins bringing on those 2 big Austrians .

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the Scottish press Sa is the captain of Bournemouth and Neto was involved in the 2nd goal in fact he never touched the ball.
It looked as if the Cherries would hold on to seal what would have been a remarkable draw before captain Jose Sa played a stupid pass out to Billing on the edge of the box with minutes remaining. Neto stole possession, Hwang played in Kalajdzic and the Austrian dinked the winner past the Bournemouth goalkeeper.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Think people are being a bit harsh on Hwang, yes he made the most of it but he was literally butted in the face, he didn’t fake the contact.
I don't like it and to be honest we know Hwang does it regularly and this won't stop him! However, it's still a red and even if anyone was being very generous to Cook, the foul is a yellow and the head contact is another yellow, so he's off anyway.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps it is time to reconsider those hilarious attempts to attach a soubriquet to GON. Gary Denial and Gary O'Nil spring to mind. Laugh? I nearly did. Gary O'K would seem reasonable given the current situation.
I’ll remind you we used to sing “we’re all going on a European tour” under Lage!! Look at how that ended

Air Wolf 90

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great result, enjoyable match.
Well played Tommy Doyle too, great vision, maybe he can develop into a Moutinho-esque midfielder with experience.
Great stuff from Sasa who is a very good footballer who just happens to be very tall. Good touch for a big man etc.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a hard-earned 6 points against the 22 men of Bournemouth. Master stroke from the O' Neil twins bringing on those 2 big Austrians .
The 2 referees gave us 4 good goals and our 2 goalkeepers had a great game.

20,000+ crowd at the Vitality must be a record attendance for BBoouurrnneemmoouutthh.

I’m just about to put my eye drops in. I think they may have stopped working working :)

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we can never enjoy a result again in case it turns to ****
I love how people twist things, I loved us winning, but i still have massive doubts on O’Neill, it’s called an option you know that’s what the point of a forum is!

I can point you to an echo chamber if you prefer

Aussie_Wolf

Reaction score
I’ll remind you we used to sing “we’re all going on a European tour” under Lage!! Look at how that ended
Think people are being a bit harsh on Hwang, yes he made the most of it but he was literally butted in the face, he didn’t fake the contact.
The old "Back In my day we played with two broken legs and type 2 diabetes brigade" probably. Walked 18 miles to school and 21 miles back uphill.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a long way to go but there are signs that we are improving and we will hopefully not be involved in a relegation battle this campaign.
Pleased for GON, My doubts are receding.
If we do have to sell Neto in January ,I hope that we can bring in a couple of decent promising youngsters.
The team are looking like a unit and the togetherness is obvious
I am hopeful of a top half finish.
COYWss
If, and it is a massive if, Neto does leave it just has to be at the end of the season.

No way do I want him to leave anyway, but let him have a full season with us after his bad injuries. He’s a match winner and is currently playing with fire in his belly and obviously enjoying his football. Why weaken the squad in January, which will no doubt see us struggle for the rest of the season?

We got rid of a full squad of players in the August window, something like 18 players. Seemed like a fire sale to me, so let’s forget about selling our best players for the rest of the season, shall we. The togetherness will surely be eroded and we will continue to be a club that obviously lacks ambition.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one thing I've noticed recently under GON that's really encouraging to me, is the unity within the squad. I don't think we've seen this level of togetherness since Nuno. GON has them all pulling in the same direction. We are a proper team again. Individually we may not be as good as we were under Nuno, but we have some fight, every player knows their role and they're willing to fight for each other.

There is a warmth about this squad that hasn't existed since Nuno's departure, it feels like we're slowly getting our team back, as cliche as that sounds!

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep.
Cooks a **** for doing it and if Sarabia had done a Podence and gone down when Aaron’s thrust his head forward Aaron’s would have gone too

Back
Top Bottom