Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Villa verdict thread

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the end of the day if a £35 million pound striker can’t become a regular in a team that has struggled for goals pretty much all the while they’ve been here, it’s surely in both parties interests for the player to move on.
Fabio geniunely looks like he's won a competition to play for us when he comes on, he's that out of his depth.

Accept the inevitable loss and move him on in the summer, with the understanding that Shi is ultimately culpable for that massive money loss.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fair result, but once again I find that there are too many subjective decisions by the referees. Examples:-
1. I thought that 12 extra minutes in the second half, were too much, 9 minutes would have been more than enough.
2. Red card of Lemina. Yes he got two yellows, but Kovacic made two bad fouls against Arsenal and he got away with the last one because he already had a yellow. that is unfair Wolves had to play 23 minutes (10+13 extra) with a man less, just for a small pull of opponents top.
3. the referee in the most important match of the day Arsenal against City gave only 4 extra minutes, and there were stoppages and all substitutions. There is no balance and everything is subnective to the referee's tastes. That is not fair.
4. Wolves had a penalty on Neto, which was discarded by both the referee and VAR. One may say that Villa also had a penalty which was not given, but the situation would have been different had Wolves gone in front again had their penalty been awarded.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio geniunely looks like he's won a competition to play for us when he comes on, he's that out of his depth.

Accept the inevitable loss and move him on in the summer, with the understanding that Shi is ultimately culpable for that massive money loss.
Ha ha.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fair result. A tedious match, particularly the first half. Both teams waiting for the other team to press.

I'll go for Kilman as Man of the Match. Defended well and playing on the right of the three gives him a bit more freedom to move forward.
Yeah.. Kilman and Dawson were both very solid again, seeing the best of them both again in a back 5.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Poor game, mainly due to teams being closely matched, rubbish ref decisions (both teams) a lot of gamesmanship by both sets of players.
Traore was excellent when he came on, Sasa did ok.
Fair result overall.
5 points from the last 3 games is pretty good.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said, this was a very scrappy game with a ref that struggled to let the game flow at all. Not very easy on the eye at all.

The switch to a back 3 has earned us 4 points against City and Villa. Nuff said.

T

TheConcourse

Really tough to analyse that game tbh. It was so stop-start, a really grim watch.

Villa created the better chances, but you can get at that team. If we had a slightly quicker back line and had the ability to get Sasa and Cunha on the pitch then I think we beat them.

As things are for us and the players we have, we’re better suited to a back 3.

Thought the challenge on Ait-Nouri was a disgrace. Cash was out of control, reckless and had no control of the ball. No VAR review?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought defensively the performance was excellent. We suffocated them and pushed them back. Gomes and Traore won balls back very high up the pitch and pushed them back.

The front 3 weren’t gelling at all first half and our final ball was invariably wrong. I was thinking first half that Hwang was having a stinker and should be pulled as he kept either getting in the way, making the wrong run or miss hitting us pass. Then he gets battered and a bloody nose and like a man possessed he gets us up the pitch and tucks in the cross.

Got to say I was quite impressed with Sasa. Should have scored and had an assist. Definitely has something to offer.

Finally, I think the 5 at the back is here to stay but I do think O’Neil has us playing it slightly differently to Nuno (in Premiership). We were definitely using both Toti and Kilman to push forward and with a bit more confidence from the pair of them it could have made even more of an impact. But against lesser teams it’s potentially less of problem playing 5 with that approach. Dawson for the second week running kept an inform striker very quiet.

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
Thought we battled hard but rode our luck at times but you expect that against the top sides.

We had our chances too so plenty to be optimistic about.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really tough to analyse that game tbh. It was so stop-start, a really grim watch.

Villa created the better chances, but you can get at that team. If we had a slightly quicker back line and had the ability to get Sasa and Cunha on the pitch then I think we beat them.

Thought the challenge on Ait-Nouri was a disgrace. Cash was out of control, reckless and had no control of the ball. No VAR review?
I forgot to mention Ait Nouri. Totally agree with your analysis. I also felt Doc wasn’t anywhere as near as Ait Nouri was, the latter made Cash look stupid on a couple of occasions. Again the 5 definitely suits him.

T

TheConcourse

A fair result, but once again I find that there are too many subjective decisions by the referees. Examples:-
1. I thought that 12 extra minutes in the second half, were too much, 9 minutes would have been more than enough.
2. Red card of Lemina. Yes he got two yellows, but Kovacic made two bad fouls against Arsenal and he got away with the last one because he already had a yellow. that is unfair Wolves had to play 23 minutes (10+13 extra) with a man less, just for a small pull of opponents top.
3. the referee in the most important match of the day Arsenal against City gave only 4 extra minutes, and there were stoppages and all substitutions. There is no balance and everything is subnective to the referee's tastes. That is not fair.
4. Wolves had a penalty on Neto, which was discarded by both the referee and VAR. One may say that Villa also had a penalty which was not given, but the situation would have been different had Wolves gone in front again had their penalty been awarded.
The referee lost the game the moment he let John McGinn (who is a **** of the highest order) control it.

How Lemina saw red and McGinn didn’t I have no idea.

John ****ing McGinn, some random dumpy little Scottish ****er calling the shots. No wonder the game has fallen to ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TheConcourse

I forgot to mention Ait Nouri. Totally agree with your analysis. I also felt Doc wasn’t anywhere as near as Ait Nouri was, the latter made Cash look stupid on a couple of occasions. Again the 5 definitely suits him.
Yeah, Doc looked awful. Someone said Semedo has a ban coming up now for Bournemouth, so let’s see what he’s like back on the right.

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Seen worse matches at Molineux but 12mins added time sort of sums things up really. Sa telling ball boy to slow down returning the ball made me think team were happy with a point but should we beat Bournemouth, I think 7 points from last 3 will be a great return. This sort of form keeps us up easily. Dawson our best player again in my opinion and Traore did very well. Pushing for a start.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Sa deserves some real credit for 3 top quality saves today. The reactionary one from Watkins flick was brilliant.

Thought Sasa did well coming on in a tight physical game and his low cross for Neto was only spoiled by a poor finish. But the way Neto has been this season you can forgive him for that!

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But a player who cost as much as he is the weekly target of our opponents and that shouldn’t be the case and when toti was a new to the prem lb he didn’t need a fraction of the protection nelson does.

Nelson needs all this protection because he is hopeless at tracking runners and staying close his man.

He loses his man more than Carrie Bradshaw!!

Doc should be getting the shirt and seeing what he can do, as he won’t be responsible for a fraction of the goals nelson is and add to that DOC is an actual threat in the final third too
Doc got the shirt st Ipswich, I was in the crowd , Doc was v v average..Jonny was better

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a very meh game I was a little bored first half. We should of been in front in the second with the chances.

Not too disappointed with the result and where Villa are they would of been the favourite to win.

SA was very good again. Dawson MOTM for me what an astounding professional he is.

On these performances I think 14th at the end of the season.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Sa deserves some real credit for 3 top quality saves today. The reactionary one from Watkins flick was brilliant.

Thought Sasa did well coming on in a tight physical game and his low cross for Neto was only spoiled by a poor finish. But the way Neto has been this season you can forgive him for that!
That was a great save , but you’d be blaming him if he conceded the others

Terrible for letting ball bounce out for a goal kick too

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Gotta be happy with today…poor match but would have taken a point before the game. Positives are we look very solid with a 5…almost Nuno-Esque dare I say?… Negative for me and continues to be is Cunha. Hate to say it too because as a bloke I love him and I think he’s great for the team morale etc and very passionate but he just continuously puts in poor performances. Would he do better swapping with Hwang who is on fire in front of goal because Cunha is not a 9 and feel he would be good coming in off the left….just a thought.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Fair result overall, we could have nicked it with Pedro and then again they had a chance in the dying moments.

Wouldn’t like to, at this stage predict the reverse fixture at Villa if I’m being honest but you never know?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ran was impressive.first half before cash attack, feel he had them on the ropes down the left with hwang.

I would have expected more of the same in the next 15 mins in second half

Thought doc was poor

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ran was impressive.first half before cash attack, feel he had them on the ropes down the left with hwang.

I would have expected more of the same in the next 15 mins in second half

Thought doc was poor
Considering where RAN was under JL he is now showing his quality. He just needs to get fitter . He does appear to have matchsticks for legs so maybe a little muscle could help.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good point along with the city result will bring the team and manager some confidence going forward , will be good to see Bellegarde back for the Bournemouth game especially as lemina is suspended. . Would have been happy with s point before the game so happy with the result....

OIP (5).jpg

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good point along with the city result will bring the team and manager some confidence going forward , will be good to see Bellegarde back for the Bournemouth game especially as lemina is suspended. . Would have been happy with s point before the game so happy with the result....

View attachment 37776
I'd hope to see bellegarde and traore will be go 3 at the back or go 4

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it was two sides waiting for the other to lose the game rather than going to try and win it themselves until Villa had a man advantage for the final ten minutes, and up until Lemina's red there was nothing in it, a draw being the right result

We're very reliant on Neto, almost overly so, but he's producing and thought Kilman was excellent
Ballon Dawson, max and Toti we excellent.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Still haven’t re seen the neto penalty
Any clips

Also Lemina second yellow probabkg
But Kovacic and also guimares !!

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Raul springs to mind. The players who commit these type of fouls should be hammered.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly. It’s obvious to me that the players are 100% buying into GON and his instructions. Whether that’s a good thing remains to be seen
The referee had little control of the game. He should have booked both Dawson and McGinn early doors to stop all the posturing.
We gave as good as we got and you’ve got to be thrilled to get 4 points from last two games and Neto is getting better each game
Downside …. Silva … waste of a shirt. Just get rid ASAP as he is embarrassingly poor and never will be a PL player

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given where we were before the City game, and the level of apathy and antipathy toward GON, getting a win and a draw these last two games is a positive.

Draw a fair result. If we convincingly beat Bournemouth in a couple of weeks it may that GON is an inspired appointment.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disagree, we didn't need it today, a deep lying midfielder would've done the job just fine. But it would have allowed us more control in the middle where we struggled for large parts of the game.
Do you realise that Villa have better players than us and have spent far more man for man?

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we had real opportunities to win that, but will settle for a point. Fair play to GON, he certainly deserves huge credit for the last two games - although I still don't think he should be our manager

Back
Top Bottom