Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sack him now

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Define “oblivion”, please.
Successive relegations, no money, no TV income, no ability to get out of 3rd or 4th tier. Players still on biggish wages so financially in the guarno etc.
That do you?

rubyloo

Reaction score
think the city game is a free hit but if villa turn us over (which let’s face it, is highly likely) then can’t see him surviving a toxic Molineux, whatever the logic and lines he trots out
Villa will be his last game.

Thanks for the good half against Liverpool

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, O'Neil's comments are a huge problem.

You could make a case for him to stay on if he was honest. 4 points from the fixtures we've had is not terrible, and you can pin last night on an awful keeper, if you want. Plus, we've been robbed of potentially three points against United and Luton.

However, the issues run deeper, which we can tell because of his comments.

Talking as though 41 points would be a miracle is completely wrong.
He's done a U-turn on the quality of the squad within six weeks, having praised them initially.
He has shifted blame on countless occasions.
He has suggested he walked into a club in a mess, which was not the case. This team effectively finished 10th under the previous boss.

It all combines to give us an insight into him, and it's a massive worry.

We have experience from the chief bull****ter of all time in Saunders, and O'Neil is genuinely showing similar traits, if not on the same level yet.

We know how this plays out, and the major positive is that it's so early in the season.

Deep down, Shi and Hobbs know he has to go. But I can understand why they might give him two more games due to timings.

I won't even bother saying 'if' for the next sentence, because we know what will happen. When we lose the next two games, it's the perfect opportunity to bring in a proper head coach and they have to take it.

You can't afford to waste too many games. O'Neil will have us on course for 19 points over a season after Villa, with 4pts from 8 played.

The season can still be salvaged at that point, and they have to get someone lined up for Bournemouth when we return after the October break.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His comments after this match saying we look like a team who dont play together often and everything else the blame about individualism rather than teamwork, crazy.

He chose the side, knowing we have city saturday.

He could have started sasa and fabio up top, played hodge traore and gomes, then had kilman toti

Didnt have to play doc and jonny, it all made no sense.

Didnt see the need to play hwang

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As he still lives in Kent, it would be better if it's part of the cycle to work scheme.'
I'd sooner he was on a please don't cycle to work scheme... or drive, or take the bus, the train, or walk....
A just stay at ****ing home scheme would be perfect for him!!!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won’t happen it’s the reason Fosun paid him off so he’ll keep his mouth shut about the ****show behind the scenes.
Well…..

If the side imposing the NDA are personally doing/allowing an employee to publicly tarnish/bash the other party and the NDA is based on not giving disparaging comments or statements about the other, then actually the NDA can be ignored by JL…..

So GO might want to pipe down a bit……

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're all missing the core issue.

Jeff

Once again. Scouted players. Missed out because 'skint'. Then made some panic signings.

Once again missed out on selling players when they are at their peak value 'kilman' whilst selling others when it's too late and their value has dropped. Gone on a free.

Last edited:

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well…..

If the side imposing the NDA are personally doing/allowing an employee to publicly tarnish/bash the other party and the NDA is based on not giving disparaging comments or statements about the other, then actually the NDA can be ignored by JL…..

So GO might want to pipe down a bit……
I hope that is the case.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope that is the case.
I don’t….

We cannot afford more drama and more coming out about how badly run the club is…… it will really hurt our reputation.

The closeness and influence of the mendes relationship put many high level people off when Nuno was sacked……

we can’t afford for a new and self created second major reason for people to not want to come be massively out there in public.

It is just such a massive and sorry mess

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd sooner he was on a please don't cycle to work scheme... or drive, or take the bus, the train, or walk....
A just stay at ****ing home scheme would be perfect for him!!!
Can someone convince him it’s lockdown again?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're all missing the core issue.

Jeff

Once again. Scouted players. Missed out because 'skint'. Then made some panic signings.

Once again missed out on selling layers when they are at their peak value 'kilman' whilst selling others when it's too late and their value has dropped. Gone on a free.
Oh, I agree. The root cause of all this is Shi and his incompetent financial management over past few years. We are in the mess we are in because of him and the fact that he sanctioned the massive over payments for several players (inc bringing in loan players who didnt want to be here or were not wanted by the head coach), whilst not selling others (or loaning them out for free) when we had decent offers allegedly on the table for them.
This all meant that Nuno was not backed in season 3, Lage wasnt backed and Lage and JL (once backed) were via over payments meaning there was no money left and Fosun thought they were being taken for a ride.
How Shi is still in a job i dont know.
Have been saying this for a while.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will get turned over by Citeh & The Vile and then have a two week break before Bornemouth heap more embarrasment on us.
No point in persisting with him any longer, those points 6 pts are gone.

Bin him now and promote Doris from Tea to Team manager, she can't do any worse and let the new coach have four weeks to pull something together from GO's detritus.

Like any well-run, professional outfit, we have his replacement identified and ready to go, don't we?

Oh, Shi...it :fearscream:

(Wets pants...again)

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
The comments about a side looking like they've never played together (err, don't they train with each other) and the one about the mess they have to put right, must not be landing very well in the changing room this morning at Compton. Players will talk about what he's saying and I can see the smiley happy faces we are shown in training pics and videos becoming a rarer thing.

Regards timing, my only hope is that they start the replacement process now and have a successor properly lined up this time before we scramble around again whilst we have caretakers at the helm.

Said under Moxey we seemed to lurch from one plan to another without a long lasting strategy, it appears that despite previous lessons Fosun are the same, please prove me wrong Jeff.

One final thing, are camera's at the press conferences deliberately set up to make him look like a schoolboy who's just wandered in by accident and sat down. He hardly exudes confidence and charisma.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t….

We cannot afford more drama and more coming out about how badly run the club is…… it will really hurt our reputation.

The closeness and influence of the mendes relationship put many high level people off when Nuno was sacked……

we can’t afford for a new and self created second major reason for people to not want to come be massively out there in public.

It is just such a massive and sorry mess
Sorry, I meant that somebody has a word in Gary's ear and tells him he needs to pipe down a bit, even if it is only for legal reasons.
The geezer is making himself look even more of an incompetent clown than I'd already feared he was!
That said, I'd sooner somebody had a word in his ear, telling him to empty his locker!

Sirstancullis

Reaction score
Put yourself in their shoes top class manager teaching you how to improve your game, followed by this clown claiming to be improving things, behond a joke. I am fuming so how do the players feel

I agree. This situation is totally on Fosun and Shi.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi is weak that’s why he’s got Hobbs
Hobbs is weak that’s why he got O’Neil
Result of that is performances like we had at Luton and Ipswich and is only going to get worse, the body language of the team last night was shocking
At the half time whistle the Ipswich players run off to the tunnel whilst the Wolves players walked slowly off

floydstreet

Reaction score
Yep, O'Neil's comments are a huge problem.

You could make a case for him to stay on if he was honest. 4 points from the fixtures we've had is not terrible, and you can pin last night on an awful keeper, if you want. Plus, we've been robbed of potentially three points against United and Luton.

However, the issues run deeper, which we can tell because of his comments.

Talking as though 41 points would be a miracle is completely wrong.
He's done a U-turn on the quality of the squad within six weeks, having praised them initially.
He has shifted blame on countless occasions.
He has suggested he walked into a club in a mess, which was not the case. This team effectively finished 10th under the previous boss.

It all combines to give us an insight into him, and it's a massive worry.

We have experience from the chief bull****ter of all time in Saunders, and O'Neil is genuinely showing similar traits, if not on the same level yet.

We know how this plays out, and the major positive is that it's so early in the season.

Deep down, Shi and Hobbs know he has to go. But I can understand why they might give him two more games due to timings.

I won't even bother saying 'if' for the next sentence, because we know what will happen. When we lose the next two games, it's the perfect opportunity to bring in a proper head coach and they have to take it.

You can't afford to waste too many games. O'Neil will have us on course for 19 points over a season after Villa, with 4pts from 8 played.

The season can still be salvaged at that point, and they have to get someone lined up for Bournemouth when we return after the October break.
its a huge shift from, this is a great squad to this. Yes Matteus sold, but bought a few and yes missing a striker for sure, but he's now talking us down. He should be saying top players, need time to gel and get used to new system, but we will definitely get there. He didnt. he moved to self preservation which I think shows he's worried.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
its a huge shift from, this is a great squad to this. Yes Matteus sold, but bought a few and yes missing a striker for sure, but he's now talking us down. He should be saying top players, need time to gel and get used to new system, but we will definitely get there. He didnt. he moved to self preservation which I think shows he's worried.
Doesn’t know his best team
Formation
Tactics

Hopefully city get 6/7 goals. Which could see him sacked

Owners and hobbs don’t care, then nor should the fans.

They are the ones getting paid top money. Time to come up with the goods.

Not good enough simple as that. Won’t be many season ticket renewals next season

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Also shows he's out for himself.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's basically all of the fan base who want him gone, I can't see how he survives. The away fans have turned and his constant digs and excuses are pathetic, man up or **** off.
All the fan base need to stop being so passive and try to make themselves heard. This guy will struggle to get to 20 points in a season. The players don't want to play for him and he continually blames lopetegui for all his own shortcomings. This is exactly what i thought he would do.

The fans aren't gullable and have seen through his fascade. We need to force him out.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the fan base need to stop being so passive and try to make themselves heard. This guy will struggle to get to 20 points in a season. The players don't want to play for him and he continually blames lopetegui for all his own shortcomings. This is exactly what i thought he would do.

The fans aren't gullable and have seen through his fascade. We need to force him out.

I know to the outside world it will look harsh to kick up against Citeh, but if the game goes to form I think Fosun will get their first taste of a toxic atmosphere. Dont really wanna suggest it or condone it but what else are the fan base meant to do when those in charge (Fosun & O’Neil) seem so blind to it all

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know to the outside world it will look harsh to kick up against Citeh, but if the game goes to form I think Fosun will get their first taste of a toxic atmosphere. Dont really wanna suggest it or condone it but what else are the fan base meant to do when those in charge (Fosun & O’Neil) seem so blind to it all

Personally I do hope the fans kick off against Shi and Fosun if the City game goes as badly as most of us expect. I want Shi to feel humiliated and embarrassed because that’s how his mismanagement of the club makes me feel as a Wolves fan. I want it to be on full view of the cameras showing our game abroad so Guo sees it too. To quote an old favourite chant “It’s time for you to go”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom