Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sack him now

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Three year contract. Can you imagine how brain-dead you must be to give this no-mark a three year contract?

Hobbs about to get some Sellars treatment IMHO.
Agree mate . I'm sure GON would have accepted a one year deal.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is more chance of winning the lottery but I'am sure O'Neil will already have his post match dig at JL already lined up.

No, he will say what he did after Liverpool. City are a quality team…. we need to be realistic… seven goals conceded wasn’t too bad… we had some good movement in the first 5 mins… trust the process.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, that’s my first disappointment of the day.
Was hoping for a 9am sacking announcement.
Hopefully that means they’re still thrashing out the details.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Well, that’s my first disappointment of the day.
Was hoping for a 9am sacking announcement.
Hopefully that means they’re still thrashing out the details.
Gary's still peddling up the M6 on the mountain bike they found for him last night....

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if GON's constant veiled digs at Lopetegui have been 'encouraged' by the board to maintain a narrative that he is to blame for the present situation. Would not put it past Pinocchio at all. Note that Lop has not spoken about the Wolves situation in any interviews since. Probably has a gagging order as part of his severance, but he must be privately raging with all these cheap shots at him every time O'Neill's team loses.
Wouldn't be surprised if it's rub some of the players the wrong way, too. Lop built a good rapport with a number of the current squad.

Torbay Wolf

Reaction score
I don't think the current state of our club has come as a surprise to many of us.

The good news is that we still have time this season to do something about it. I can remember the feelings of excitement and expectation last Christmas before Lop took charge. We were bottom of the league then, but it proves with the right staff in charge of the playing side, good things can happen. Time is on our side, but we can't afford to waste it.

What we really need is for the current owners of the club to start treating us like the elite football club we are and not like the circus we have currently become.

Fosun, get GON sacked.....quickly. Lance this boil and do what we need to do in order to attract a new manager of a suitable calibre. While you're at it , sack Shi as well. He is either lazy or massively out of his depth and hasn't performed in his role for a very long time.

Until this happens, the club will continue to sink.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because there's so much evidence that he's done that after every match and it's been really successful, we look better after every defeat!!!
I've put the bloke on ignore , it's doing my head in.

loppers86

Reaction score
We’re like a new silent comedy series with Rowan Atkinson playing Jeff Shi.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said a million times, if relegation means Fosun sell then let us finish 20th already.
Absolutely NOT; relegation could mean oblivion, we know how difficult it is to get out of the Championship and we know how easy it is to get relegated twice on the trot. We simply have to stay in the PL and restructure to focus on stability.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didnt want GON at the time but was prepared to support him when announced. I was also prepared to give him a bit of time to work on things, probably until after the Fulham game as I think we will have had a fair spread of games against likely top, middle and bottom type teams by then and we would know where we stand.
I was also prepared to give GON some slack as he came in at a difficult time after JL's walkout, there was Nunes strike, there was 2 incompetent refereeing decisions that cost us 3 points, Bellgarde's red card and obviously no money caused by Shi's incompetence. However, last night changes things for me, massively.
It is time for GON to GO. Its not just the defeats but the manner of the defeats, and the massive regression since Rennes and ManUre - we have a lucky win against Everton and a draw against Luton to our name, and we mostly played poorly for the majority of games everywhere else and appear to have no mental strength. We gave up in the second half against Liverpool and gave away a comfortable 2 - 0 lead last night to Ipswich reserves. On top of all this, Sarabia seems to have had a go at GON in response to his substitution and Sasa and Silva don't seem happy at all, WTAF?
I do think we have some talented players - Gomes, RAN, Bellgarde, Neto obviously, and some decent players in H Bueno, Dawson, Hwang, Cunha, Lemina, Traore, but they are just not playing for GON and look confused, disorganised and lacking in confidence. No one knows what the system is.
Last season was bad, and there were some terrible tankings but once JL came in I always felt we were on the right trajectory. Now I am worried and, worst of all, embarrassed.
2 x 7th places, a Wembley semi-final, a Europa League cup run and football that was largely a pleasure to watch have all been wasted.
GON has to GO, but I am really not sure who comes in!
Warnock and Allardyce are dinosaurs
Lampard is another joke
Smith is poor
Potter won't come
Who else is there who comes in and does better with the current financial restrictions? No idea, but there has to be someone who can get a tune out of our current squad, doesnt there?
Would love Nuno to come back, but that's a pipe dream.
Lets be clear, this is not just down to GON, he has to go for footballing reasons, but Shi has to go, too. He is the sole architect of the financial mess that we are in and that is the root cause of where we are.
Not sure what else to say.
Depressed and despondent and see no light at the end of the tunnel!
GON GO
Shi Go

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
" Get rid of O'Neill, get rid of Hobbs, get rid of Shi, get rid of Fosun."

I've got an idea - how about getting rid of this forum ?!! Way too much negativity.

Unless he's lost the dressing room, give O'Neill him until the end of October, surely ? Give him a chance.

As for GON saying that there was plenty wrong when he got here, I reckon that's true - apart from Neves who is beyond reproach, we had a fair few malcontents - from JL downwards !
He's had his chance. He's absolutely ****ing useless, taking things downhill fast and frankly utterly deluded. Saturday could get very ugly very fast.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This Gary O'Neil experiment is evidence that the coaching staff are almost as important as playing staff.
More so, in my opinion.
A top class coaching team can often get average players playing well above their level, whilst a poor coaching team can often struggle to get the minimum required levels out of good players.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
they wont get rid of him because they have put it all in , after further losses against city villa and bournemouth newcastle

Expect the 4 points from 11 with a halloween fright.

They then will only realise it was all wrong

surreywolf

Reaction score
think the city game is a free hit but if villa turn us over (which let’s face it, is highly likely) then can’t see him surviving a toxic Molineux, whatever the logic and lines he trots out

In which case I imagine the search is already underway. Just hope we go for someone imaginative and innovative who can lift the mood and make us believe again, rather than lampard etc

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
think the city game is a free hit but if villa turn us over (which let’s face it, is highly likely) then can’t see him surviving a toxic Molineux, whatever the logic and lines he trots out

In which case I imagine the search is already underway. Just hope we go for someone imaginative and innovative who can lift the mood and make us believe again, rather than lampard etc
we have to get points against bournemouth.

Like i said on another thread if we get something positive out of man city i will genuinely keel over

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If the same diligence from the same people goes into replacing GON that went into appointing him then we are royally ****ed.

bigwolf

Reaction score
Absolutely NOT; relegation could mean oblivion, we know how difficult it is to get out of the Championship and we know how easy it is to get relegated twice on the trot. We simply have to stay in the PL and restructure to focus on stability.

I do agree with that in part.

But if we went down with the right manager we would come straight back up.

Financially we are in a better place now due to recent events. We'd have parachute payments and the squad left after the supposedly better players have gone would still be good enough.

But like Leicester are doing.

But, as we are finding out right now, if you don't have the right person in charge it becomes very hard.

FOSUN do t have the bets track record of manager appointments. That's the risk.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do agree with that in part.

But if we went down with the right manager we would come straight back up.

Financially we are in a better place now due to recent events. We'd have parachute payments and the squad left after the supposedly better players have gone would still be good enough.

But like Leicester are doing.

But, as we are finding out right now, if you don't have the right person in charge it becomes very hard.

FOSUN do t have the bets track record of manager appointments. That's the risk.
We thought that we'd bounce straight back after the Mick/Clipboard relegation season. Most teams that go down do think that..... That went well, NOT....

Last edited:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got a couple brown boxes if he needs any to help moving his stuff?

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs to go and is totally out of his depth, however our players are also a shambles with no fight and minerals. No leadership anywhere. As soon as there's some adversity everyones head drops.
Put yourself in their shoes top class manager teaching you how to improve your game, followed by this clown claiming to be improving things, behond a joke. I am fuming so how do the players feel

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put yourself in their shoes top class manager teaching you how to improve your game, followed by this clown claiming to be improving things, behond a joke. I am fuming so how do the players feel
The clue will be how many are looking to bail... I suspect all of the better players will be looking to get out....

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Define “oblivion”, please.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't ignore 90% of the fanbase and expect things to work out somehow. Scandalous decision to appoint him in the first place. I actually feel sorry for the guy. He seems like a nice bloke and he had to take the job when it was offered to him, I bet he could hardly believe it. But he should be at Charlton or Rotherham cutting his teeth as a manager, not gearing up to face the best team in the world. Farcical stuff from Hobbs overseen by Shi.
Plus 100% of the players, and no I don’t feel sorry I am angry he is a blame shifter . Coward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom