Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sack him now

Status
Not open for further replies.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Hmmmmm
This is tough

Do I think it was a rushed appointment yes
Do I think he’s had time No
Do I think he’s to blame for poor prior signings selling Nunes not getting a striker etc No
Do I think Potter would be better Yes
Do I think Potter would come No and don’t even start on Big Sam
Do I think Var has cost us 3 points that would otherwise mean we could be 10th Yes
Do I know what he’s trying to do with the squad No

So the players the owners and prior recruitment take all the blame for me. The question of whether he’s the right man and whether we should sack him - objectively that depends if we can get a better manager in , that’s not warnkck or Sam or even Edwards. And I don’t think Gallardo or Potter would even contemplate it.

So unless there’s another option who is prepared to join a badly run club with no cash to spend. We need to stick with him, allow him time and despite today being poor, put in context without VAR cheat we’d probably be10th. Even with it we aren’t adrift and after selling half the squad and bringing in unproven players, not sure what we’d expect !.

But
If Potter is keen, obviously you twist

Last edited:

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds delusional. The writing is on the wall, there is no way he turns this around and keeps his job. Nobody wanted him here in the first place, the fans have turned on him and the players don’t seem to rate him (could be total bs, just the sense I get). It’s just a matter of when. A stuffing against City probably not enough to push him but there’s not a better game than Villa at home to get the job done.

We will go down with him in charge, we need him out asap.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This could turn ugly quite quickly. I’m starting to question what the future looks like with GON and Shaun Derry steering the first team. Still feels a touch premature to be saying get rid imo, but with City, Toon and Villa looming, I can understand why some feel there is very little reason to think he should be in charge for very much longer. I don’t know what to think atm, kinda just meh about it all. Ultimately, buck stops with Jeff Shi and Fosun - architects of this demise.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm absolutely perplexed that somebody of GON's standing in the game, could,
A) Intimate that Lopetegui has caused problems within the team
...and,
B) If he has, feel GON himself is in anyway qualified to rectify said problems!

Delusions of grandeur and his own ability!
Grounds enough, in my view, to want him gone!
How scary is it when you look at it like that!!

I have said from day one he has low to zero football and managerial IQ……

every press conference he does he proves me more and more correct each week….

Only a total buffoon could genuinely believe that ****e he is spouting!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds delusional. The writing is on the wall, there is no way he turns this around and keeps his job. Nobody wanted him here in the first place, the fans have turned on him and the players don’t seem to rate him (could be total bs, just the sense I get). It’s just a matter of when. A stuffing against City probably not enough to push him but there’s not a better game than Villa at home to get the job done.

Doubtless Wolves social media team will pump out more bs about how much players enjoy working with gormless GON tomorrow.....

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How scary is it when you look at it like that!!

I have said from day one he has low to zero football and managerial IQ……

every press conference he does he proves me more and more correct each week….

Only a total buffoon could genuinely believe that ****e he is spouting!
I didn't want the fella from the outset, and by the same token, I didn't wanna turn on him once he got the job either, but he's taking the **** with comments like the ones he's made tonight!

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn’t Hobbs say GON interviewed really well? Trouble is… in most industries you get people that can interview really well, but are actually a bit crap. As I’m sure is the case here… GONs limited experience should have been enough for him to not even make it to a short list for an interview in first place, never mind giving him the job… for 3yrs.
Exactly. Should never have got a look in, should never have got anywhere near an interview. The fact he did suggests we're run by a much of muppets.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't want the fella from the outset, and by the same token, I didn't wanna turn on him once he got the job either, but he's taking the **** with comments like the ones he's made tonight!
Didn’t want him from the start, knew he would fail, wasn’t going to delude myself and stand by my convictions…….

And quelle suprise…… I was correct…….

Support wolves and expect them to do their best to set the players up.

he was never going to work, so why waste energy trying to defend him or support him when you know he won’t succeed?

Waste of time and energy!

Just like the appointment of GO as like his other potential initials…. He will be GON soon……

floydstreet

Reaction score
Last season we survived via 1-0 wins and just made it
We sold our best player by a mile. Our most talented player, loads of experienced talent that knew the club (Raul and Adama)
And replaced with unproven players late in the window and no striker

And yet Shi and half on here are surprised we are struggling

The recruitment and running of this club predates GON and it’s a shambles with no coherent consistent long or even medium term plan. You lack that and change mind at pace (sell, not selling any more, oh sod it sell, ffp, Julen and spend, sorry sell again, etc etc) well you get this.

This is three years in the making of **** decisions and poor investment decisions, someone needs to get a grip. Pinning this all on GON is crazy, back him. If they get a better solution lined up and replace him then so be it, but until then remember that shi, Lage, fosun and some of the players have more to apologise for

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmmmm
This is tough

Do I think it was a rushed appointment yes
Do I think he’s had time No
Do I think he’s to blame for poor prior signings selling Nunes not getting a striker etc No
Do I think Potter would be better Yes
Do I think Potter would come No and don’t even start on Big Sam
Do I think Var has cost us 3 points that would otherwise mean we were 10th Yes
Do I know what he’s trying to do with the squad No

So the players the owners and prior recruitment take all the blame for me. The question of whether he’s the right man and whether we should sack him - objectively that depends if we can get a better manager in , that’s not warnkck or Sam or even Edwards. And I don’t think Gallardo or Potter would even contemplate it.

So unless there’s another option who is prepared to join a badly run club with no cash to spend. We need to stick with him, allow him time and despite today being poor, put in context without VAR cheat we’d be 10th. Even with it we aren’t adrift and after selling half the squad and bringing in unproven players, not sure what we’d expect !.

But
Your post is pretty sound and I'd say uncontentious until you say 'without VAR we'd be 10th'. You don't know that. We could have missed the pen at Utd and whose to say Luton, if they hadn't got the penalty, would not have equalised anyway? You can't go around stating things as fact when they are not.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

1-5 looks a likely score to me?? History repeating itself.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me the bigger issue is SHI/Fosun. They got lucky with Nuno and JL last year. However, without Mendes they are useless/clueless around how to manage a club.

They tried GON with the hope he would do an Eddie Howe at Newcastle. However, Howe had a lot more about him and knew how to manage. GON is a coach, currently in a caretaker type role. Should not be given anything more than 5 games. Yet, the incompetence of Fosun gave him 3 years!?!? Wtf!?

Fosun seem to have no plan or forward thinking. It’s just embarrassing and I think we will be dead lucky to stay up this year. Especially, the longer they keep GON in charge. Im getting to a point whereby I don’t want to check football scores anymore, it’s depressing!
The contract is irrelevant if the club are prepared to change things if necessary. Which I hope they are.

Unfortunately I don’t back them to make the right calls either in terms of removing him or, if they do, being smart with a successor,

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t want him from the start, knew he would fail, wasn’t going to delude myself and stand by my convictions…….

And quelle suprise…… I was correct…….

Support wolves and expect them to do their best to set the players up.

he was never going to work, so why waste energy trying to defend him or support him when you know he won’t succeed?

Waste of time and energy!

Just like the appointment of GO as like his other potential initials…. He will be GON soon……
I knew what was coming mate, but got fed up of trying to wake others up to it.
I've never supported the appointment or supported him as our manager, but I wasn't gonna turn on him either.
Our clubs problems are much bigger than GON, and the biggest villains are way above his pay grade, so my anger is saved for them!
They are the reason GON is here.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If the away fans have turned (and it sounded like it), it's done, just a matter of time

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he believes any of that he ****ing needs sectioning.

He was brought as the club wasn’t prepared to back J Lo.

He’s been here since the first game of the season.
Hold on…. Just realised this……

He said “in the middle of the premier league season” is he high or just simple? We are at the start of the season, 6 games in….

Bloke is remedial

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because there's so much evidence that he's done that after every match and it's been really successful, we look better after every defeat!!!
I hope john is being sarcastic.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last season we survived via 1-0 wins and just made it
We sold our best player by a mile. Our most talented player, loads of experienced talent that knew the club (Raul and Adama)
And replaced with unproven players late in the window and no striker

And yet Shi and half on here are surprised we are struggling

The recruitment and running of this club predates GON and it’s a shambles with no coherent consistent long or even medium term plan. You lack that and change mind at pace (sell, not selling any more, oh sod it sell, ffp, Julen and spend, sorry sell again, etc etc) well you get this.

This is three years in the making of **** decisions and poor investment decisions, someone needs to get a grip. Pinning this all on GON is crazy, back him. If they get a better solution lined up and replace him then so be it, but until then remember that shi, Lage, fosun and some of the players have more to apologise for
And those of us who said were are in a crisis were told we were wrong, people slagged off pundits for saying we are going down!!!! Wonder how many will now admit they were monumentally wrong?

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score
He is a deluded fool. Now making comments that are downright lies. Misdirection that no one is falling for. Shi needs to pull rank on Hobbs and sack GON and then show Hobbs the exit door.
Leaving it any longer will see us, without doubt, relegated. Sasa and Silva's reaction on Sat and now Sarabia's tonight tell you he has lost the dressing room. What an achievement in a short space of time. What a total idiotic appointment.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No need to overreact tonight.

GON and his team will be analysing the match to see what went wrong / right and will hopefuly be taking those lessons into the next match.
Thank you for your post ‘John Wolves Fan’.

Now scuttle off back behind your till at Tesco where you are still learning your trade!

Wolves fan, my ****!

fleck1

Reaction score
I wasn't inspired by his appointment, but like many was willing him to do well once appointed. He just looks lost if plan A doesn't work or his opposite number makes a tactical switch. I'm happy for him to go but I feel that just kicks the can down the road and is a short term solution to the real problems, the structure and the people running the club needs a serious shake up for anything to change long term. Also out side of Nuno Fosun/Jeff have made some shocking managerial appointments Zenga, Lambert, GON, caused chaos with Lopetegui, that's without mentioning the caretakers and the embarrassment of how we conducted the search. So I dread to think who'd be next through the door.

Reaction score
We need to stick with him, allow him time and despite today being poor, put in context without VAR cheat we’d be 10th. Even with it we aren’t adrift and after selling half the squad and bringing in unproven players, not sure what we’d expect !.

But
We really don't you know, what we actually need is him gone asap before the useless idiot does anymore damage.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problems extend far beyond GON but he's taking a not unreasonable squad (with issues) into a much worse place than they should be.

Backing him isn't the answer because it's doubling down on ineptness. It's the same as the sunk cost fallacy, whereby you stick with something just because you've already put time/money into it even if it's the wrong thing.

We need someone who can stabilise things within the constraints we have. We can't fix Fosun, only they can do that, but within the club they can at least try and hire someone better than GON or this is going upside down very quickly. I think they felt GON was that stabilisation person but they utterly underestimated premier league management, That's on Hobbs and co and they have to remedy this ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom