Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Che Adams - not signing close thread

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its great to see we've had our collective aspirations completely leveled by the club over the last couple of months. The only saving grace with this is that it's(hopefully) a loan. Never in a month of Sundays would he be my pick. I said it on a previous post, theres good reason that only Everton have been in for him. However, if he's cheap and 4th pick, I guess you can just about make sense of it. He's never getting in ahead of the current 3 three though for me.
Tell me the project is off, without actually telling me the project is off! Lol
Good luck to the lad, but wow, how quickly they've managed to lower expectations, and with minimal kickback!

Leave everything until the last minute and have them believe we aren't signing anybody, then anybody we do sign, they'll be grateful for, as anybody is better than nobody!
Absolute masterclass!!!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Adams is a bit of a Kevin Doyle type of striker. A hard worker and will pop up with a few goals but not prolific. I would be looking to Silva to step up this season and Kalajdzic to be the main man when he's fit to start. Adams is still a useful player to have in the squad. A decent signing.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
No, I've watched Wolves for 50+ years from Dougan and Richards, through Keane and Bully and Mutch and right up to Jimenez and Jota and yes I'm sad, very sad that we've come to this - Che ****ing Adams.
That's about the time I arrived in Wolverhampton and started following the club. I remember being in the North bank and seeing Derek Dougan's last match. Happy days. I served pints in the Molineux Hotel before games. I'm sure the club will appreciate your enthusiastic support, and hopefully take note of your disdain...

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tell me the project is off, without actually telling me the project is off! Lol
Good luck to the lad, but wow, how quickly they've managed to lower expectations, and with minimal kickback!

Leave everything until the last minute and have them believe we aren't signing anybody, then anybody we do sign, they'll be grateful for, as anybody is better than nobody!
Absolute masterclass!!!
lol ridiculous.

Did you expect us to sign a number 1 striker and then keep Sasa and Silva happy by hardly playing them? Silva and Sasa are our strikers, but our management has brought in someone who has chipped in with Prem goals as cover. If Sasa and Silva fail, Che can step up and chip in a few goals for us. If he doesn't set the world on fire, we simply don't sign him to a perm deal and we find another striker next year.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Adams is a bit of a Kevin Doyle type of striker. A hard worker and will pop up with a few goals but not prolific. I would be looking to Silva to step up this season and Kalajdzic to be the main man when he's fit to start. Adams is still a useful player to have in the squad. A decent signing.
It's a fantastic signing for someone who is likely to be 3rd choice. If our strikers don't work out, he's got experience and has chipped in some prem goals in the past. We threw in the option to keep Southampton happy or if he pulls a Jimenez and for some reason starts scoring buckets. And if he doesn't, he goes back to Southampton and we find a new striker next year.

I don't understand the outrage. I'd much rather have an experienced striker as cover for two fairly inexperienced or injury prone strikers.

The worst part of becoming a consistent Premier League team is that some of the expectations people have are just so ridiculous.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's about the time I arrived in Wolverhampton and started following the club. I remember being in the North bank and seeing Derek Dougan's last match. Happy days. I served pints in the Molineux Hotel before games. I'm sure the club will appreciate your enthusiastic support, and hopefully take note of your disdain...
I seem to remember whoever played alongside Doog got goals. He had a number of partners.
Saddest thing for me was I had my photo taken with him and I cant find the buggar.

Reaction score
He's crap, simple as that. A completely mediocre CF. Champs level at best and perhaps shows the aspirations of this club now. We had better forwards when we were in Lg 1 and Champs - Dicko, Afobe, Sako, Cav, Costa and how far have we fallen from prime Jimenez. We're filling the squad but that's about it. Totally underwhelming.
Nobody at all was excited by the Raul signing

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, I've watched Wolves for 50+ years from Dougan and Richards, through Keane and Bully and Mutch and right up to Jimenez and Jota and yes I'm sad, very sad that we've come to this - Che ****ing Adams.
Oh come on! l'm not a big fan of Adams either but compared to some of the dross strikers we have had - relatively recently Willian Jose, Blobby, Holt, Sagbo, "Sleeves", let alone in the Bhatti era - he is almost Messi-esque.

Last edited:

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not for me to be honest. I'm happy to be proved wrong though!

Andi130

Reaction score
Aww bless. Didn't you get all the sweeties in the shop?
No really into sweets mate.....but suspect by your general condescending tone and lack of a sensible point, you're about 10 years old? I'd be disappointed too at that mental age, if the sweets were all gone. Diddums.

I did pay another £2k for tickets though this year. Just hoping we're not in for another year of abject failure to compound the mess this season has already been so far!

Excuse my right to an opinion too. Do you wear the red kit, by any chance?

Last edited:

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is the expectation level bar was set too high after the first couple of seasons........He;s not what we have come to expect , but look how some of the big money signings ( Podence , Guedes , Nunes) have turned out .......Yes maybe a level below what we have become acustomed to , but to be honest think he'll tun out to be a better option than the likes of Costa , another who came with a big reputation and did **** all

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's back up third choice and as long its a loan, a last minute squad filler, then I guess better than nothing. But if we are paying a £5m loan fee that is insane. Any idea that he is the solution to our long standing goal scoring problem at Premier League level is laughable. Its a second class signing and on an option that we will hopefully never take up. In the whole of world football Che Adams is apparently the best our scouts/Hobbs could come up with at 48 hours notice. So we accept that's where we are with these kinds of signings as a club right now intent on simply avoiding relegation. His goal record is of course poor but at least he has some experience of the Premier League and offers cover if our main strikers get injured or fail. I wish him well but thoroughly underwhelmed by the club's continued failure to find Raul's heir.

Its not quite a Robert Taylor moment (for those who remember that disastrous signing) but sorry I expect our club after bringing in £145m in sales this summer to find us a grown up striker who can make a big difference up front. Hugh Ekitike a 21 year old 6ft 2 striker that Paris St Germain are letting go= possibly on loan initially, is the kind of signing that would have lifted the spirits for instance. Power and real potential. There must be others in a similar category but of course there is no time left.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dow think he's that bad, confidence player. Always seems to me he gets in solid positions, just needs to channel his inner Bully/Sturridge/Fletcher/Raul.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our first PL Summer transfer window;

Patricio
Jonny
Jota (made to perm)
Boly (made to perm)
Moutinho
Traore
Raul

Our sixth season PL Summer transfer window
King
Doherty
Doyle
Gonzalez
Bueno
Adams

I get it, we want to feel good about it. But we are on a completely different trajectory now.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet you have consistently been critical of much better foreign players....
And rightly so considering Cunha ( presume that’s the player you are referring to ) was £43million
This guy is a backup , a proven PL scorer , will actually get in where it hurts , put himself about and do a decent job for the outlay.

DarloWolf

Reaction score
He's crap, simple as that. A completely mediocre CF. Champs level at best and perhaps shows the aspirations of this club now. We had better forwards when we were in Lg 1 and Champs - Dicko, Afobe, Sako, Cav, Costa and how far have we fallen from prime Jimenez. We're filling the squad but that's about it. Totally underwhelming.
hes a signing a signing that we thought we weren't going to sign anyone its better than nothing n always odds on to have a shot on target stop moaning

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loan with option is a good deal. Experienced, hard worker, we only pay if it works out. You need these sort of players. He's not a superstar but gives us critical options up front. Sasa's likely a better player but we know we need to take care of him. Silva is young, Cunha can't shoot, Hwang has hamstrings made of custard...

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like this ain’t a done deal yet.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Patricio
Jonny
Jota (made to perm)
Boly (made to perm)
Moutinho
Traore
Raul

King
Doherty
Doyle
Gonzalez
Bueno
Adams

I get it, we want to feel good about it. But we are on a completely different trajectory now.

Tbf

Patricio and Moutinho were the only great shakes. Traore was the same as he is seen now and Raul was seen as a non scoring forward who had a **** World Cup.

No one knew Jonny.

Long as they fit the system that we are attempting to play that's half the battle.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Patricio
Jonny
Jota (made to perm)
Boly (made to perm)
Moutinho
Traore
Raul

King
Doherty
Doyle
Gonzalez
Bueno
Adams

And conveniently forgetting Lemina, Gomes, Cunha etc in January.

Granted Patricio and Moutinho were fairly elite signings though. But even then were a combined £5 million as we only realised we had to fork out for Rui months later.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Patricio
Jonny
Jota (made to perm)
Boly (made to perm)
Moutinho
Traore
Raul

King
Doherty
Doyle
Gonzalez
Bueno
Adams

I think our expectations have been tempered , and after the lows of the last few weeks , these last couple of days have picked us up off the floor

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And conveniently forgetting Lemina, Gomes, Cunha etc in January.

Granted Patricio and Moutinho were fairly elite signings though. But even then were a combined £5 million as we only realised we had to fork out for Rui months later.

Nope we gave Rui a letter confirming we would honour an £18m fee to Sporting, even though we could have gone to tribunal.

This window has been underwhelming to say the least.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Patricio
Jonny
Jota (made to perm)
Boly (made to perm)
Moutinho
Traore
Raul

King
Doherty
Doyle
Gonzalez
Bueno
Adams

Well, we're clearly skint this summer, so that explains the half of it. The reason we're skint is obviously due to an over-dependence on the agent who got us those players in that first PL transfer window, as the player pool became saturated and we ran into a few bad eggs.

This season feels to me like prioritizing survival. Next summer the three-year FFP issue smooths out a little with a profit this year, and hopefully a chunky new TV money deal that will substantially increase revenue (the last one was extended during COVID rather than auctioned).

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He's back up third choice and as long its a loan, a last minute squad filler, then I guess better than nothing. But if we are paying a £5m loan fee that is insane. Any idea that he is the solution to our long standing goal scoring problem at Premier League level is laughable. Its a second class signing and on an option that we will hopefully never take up. In the whole of world football Che Adams is apparently the best our scouts/Hobbs could come up with at 48 hours notice. So we accept that's where we are with these kinds of signings as a club right now intent on simply avoiding relegation. His goal record is of course poor but at least he has some experience of the Premier League and offers cover if our main strikers get injured or fail. I wish him well but thoroughly underwhelmed by the club's continued failure to find Raul's heir.

Its not quite a Robert Taylor moment (for those who remember that disastrous signing) but sorry I expect our club after bringing in £145m in sales this summer to find us a grown up striker who can make a big difference up front. Hugh Ekitike a 21 year old 6ft 2 striker that Paris St Germain are letting go= possibly on loan initially, is the kind of signing that would have lifted the spirits for instance. Power and real potential. There must be others in a similar category but of course there is no time left.
I'm uninspired at best, but just on the loan fee, if they're looking for £15m then signing him on a 3 year contract is costing us £5m a year and he'll be worth that much less if we send him back. I'd check his contract length, but Transfermarkt seem not to be working! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom