Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re ignoring the impact of the new FIFA rules on agents fees which come into force October 1st. The agents challenged them in CAS and lost, so they are about to have their fees capped, and this will massively affect the cut someone like Mendes takes on deals like this. It’s one of the reasons for the spree of very high transfer fees this summer as agents rush to cash in before the new rules.
They can still get 10% from the selling club of the fee, which would be £6m on a £60m transfer, or 6% of the salary from the buying clubs or players.

We spent £6m for the year between Feb 22 and Jan 23 which included Nunes & Guedes and spending of around £150m in total.

There’s an issue around how many of the parties they can be involved with now, which is probably the bigger issue for Mendes/Gestifute, and they can no longer represent the buying and selling club, or all three including the player at the same time. I'm sure they'll soon find a loop hole to that though.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That football took us to 7th twice. And even under Bruno, 10th. I think a lot of our problems stem from jumping ahead of where we are. We haven't had the players who could make use of Nunes ability. Our funding is such that we can't compete for attacking players with the top clubs. Perhaps we need to reign in not our ambition, but ideas on matching Europe's top clubs for style. We are still new at this level, plenty of clubs with more PL seasons than us are now languishing in the Championship.

I don't think we can afford luxury players. In our context, we are better off becoming hard to beat. With injury risks etc, better to have 3 solid, reliable £20m players than 1 misfit £60m player who just didn't deliver that value to us.
We had players that make use of his ability we chose to try and play him as a number 10 rather than an 8 which he'd been doing at his last club.

People don't seem to want to admit one of the (many) core problems of last season was over-packing the centre of the park, culminating in the debacles against Leeds and Brighton. These were games we had high possession but
committed full backs forward and having 3 defensive midfielders on the park just seemed to mean that none of them took responsibility for their jobs.
We saw a lot of the ball last season but couldn't score goals. Everton performance at the weekend reminded me of us last season; defensive midfielders everywhere, loads of the ball but noone that can finish.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes sense with all the midfielders we’ve been linked too.

Hopefully one of the British lads and one french
Given the people we have been linked with in last 24 hours, I would not be surprised if it was a straight financial deal and no player "swaps"/loans from City. Just a hunch.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true, fine. Sod off then. Never really developed any attachment to him. Looked like he doesn't give a damn for half of last season and then was a game changer in exactly one game vs Chelski and poor to average the other times. Imagine he will look good for Citeh as there is talent there but if his sale means we improve the squad with a few players I'm fine with it.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Perhaps an assumption if we are meeting a french teams players release clause?
Feels a bit more substantial than that. Maybe the L'Equipe journalist has a source involved in the deal in some capacity?

Be more inclined to believe something coming out of L'Equipe than any of the other self-styled journalists.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How long do we give him to do a social media post wishing us best of luck and goodbye!?!

T

TheConcourse

I don’t think anyone is blaming him for wanting to move. But this is not the way to do it.

It would appear we have had 1 bid! Just 1 to date. Which falls short of our valuation. We haven’t said outright no, we’ve said this is the value we would like (don’t think it’s unreasonable).

I have no problem with him expressing his wish to leave to the club to management but he should continue to do his job.

Matt Jarvis wanted to leave, but until we had a reasonable offer he carried on as normal.

In this situation the club have done no wrong. Were we to accept the first bid? Can you imagine the outcry on here and the names they would have been called ? Pushovers???
Ethically you’re right of course, but practically it wasn’t going to play out that way.

Let’s say he got injured against Brighton or Everton and never got the chance to leave. Think the sending off v Brighton was pre-meditated, so he clearly had a plan.

This is the business now. You sign big expensive players, managers and agents and you have big expensive egos.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gave us a goal of the season (and only goal) and a brilliant second half performance in a friendly for £40m. The rest was dross

£60m is a great deal for a player with a poor attitude

Back
Top Bottom