Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He forced a loan with bad financial return for wolves to Barca.

Offers were made after he returned from Spain.

These offers were all for more money than he took from fulham…

So he clearly didn’t want to stay.
You may be right or there may be tther factors . I am an Adama fan and would have wanted him to stay.
What I think is the more important issue is to created an atmosphere at the club that players do want to stay. Things dont usually happen overnight like this it is something that builds. There are players that have gone because they did not feel wanted here, given chances, etc. That is not best for the club and that means also for the fans.
There is a saying that states you can never not do anything. Top management by not actively creating a good atmoshere in the club are openly allowing anything else to easily happen.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You want the truth?

You’re goddamn right l want the truth!

You can’t handle the truth! Nunes is gonna rot in the U21s in the Red away kit!

I know it’s a different era, and football has changed beyond my comprehension, but I would have liked to Nunes to refuse to work under Shankly or Clough. They would have soon put him in his place.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may be right or there may be tther factors . I am an Adama fan and would have wanted him to stay.
What I think is the more important issue is to created an atmosphere at the club that players do want to stay. Things dont usually happen overnight like this it is something that builds. There are players that have gone because they did not feel wanted here, given chances, etc. That is not best for the club and that means also for the fans.
There is a saying that states you can never not do anything. Top management by not actively creating a good atmoshere in the club are openly allowing anything else to easily happen.
I agree with you, the culture and environmental around the club isn’t close to the one Nuno created. If you were part of that amazing group that was essentially like it’s own family and you experienced what has happened since Nuno, you wouldn’t stay.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can he have agreed personal terms with City last week?
Surely, he can only do this with Wolves’ permission?
If not, haven’t they broken the rules…again?
If yes, amateur Jeff at his best..again.
Players agree terms all the time. Technically it's against the rules but widespread and seemingly accepted.

It means nothing until a fee is agreed and a medical undertaken though.

I'm not Shi's biggest fan but to blame him for Nunes, his agent and City having already held talks is a bit of a stretch, he'd literally have no control over that.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When was the last time Wolves made an offer to Traore?……years ago and I would bet my last dollar that that offer was withdrawn several years ago.
I feel that he did want to stay at Wolves.
I swore Hobbs said something about trying to resign him

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
There seems to be an understanding that Nunes would go for a CL offer and presumably still some idea on a release clause. Obviously Mendes will know what that is as well. I can't help feeling all the fuss is more designed to both push the blame for the transfer onto Nunes and the completion of it late enough to reduce pressure on spending the money.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seems to be an understanding that Nunes would go for a CL offer and presumably still some idea on a release clause. Obviously Mendes will know what that is as well. I can't help feeling all the fuss is more designed to both push the blame for the transfer onto Nunes and the completion of it late enough to reduce pressure on spending the money.
Seriously can't believe you're trying to spin this as the club's fault. I understand Jeff Shi isn't a popular figure atm but that's a stretch too far

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of negativity towards Nunes from Man City fans, too. A significant number don't want him.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How on earth has a Mendes client gone on strike from a club that is heavily linked with Mendes?

Who the hell is advising him as it seems to make zero sense?
There is not much happening at Wolves that makes any sense to me.

From Fosun gambling on our future to securing a manager that they spent 6 years courting, only to allowing a gulf in understanding to develop for the manager to walk, but still for Fosun to pay him off.
Our transfer policy changes like the wind. Money/no money. Sign young players we can develop to sell for a profit to buying players at the end of their careers.
We sign a manager that has been sacked by Bournemouth on a three yer contract.
We almost force players to join Wolves (Guedes, Nunes.....)
We allow players to join other clubs on loan without any financial benefit to us (Traore).
We allow our infrastructure to decline.
We allow back-room staff to depart with no succession planning in place.

The list goes on and on and if this had happened at any of our rivals, we'd be ****ing ourselves.

Last edited:

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There is not much happening at Wolves that makes any sense to me.

From Fosun gambling on our future to securing a manager that they spent 6 years courting, only to allowing a gulf in understanding to develop for the manager to walk, but still for Fosun to pay him off.
Our transfer policy changes like the wind. Money/no money. Sign young players we can develop to sell for a profit to buying players at the end of their careers.
We sign a manager that has been sacked by Bournemouth on a three yer contract.
We almost force player to join Wolves (Guedes, Nunes.....)
We allow players to join other clubs on loan without any financial benefit to us (Traore).
We allow our infrastructure to decline.
We allow back-room staff to depart with no succession planning in place.

The list goes on and on and if this had happened at any of our rivals, we'd be ****ing ourselves.
Next year's shirt sponsor...Bipolar UK

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Seriously can't believe you're trying to spin this as the club's fault. I understand Jeff Shi isn't a popular figure atm but that's a stretch too far
Maybe. There's a lot of hatred for Nunes though and if it's correct as reported that he's got an agreement (contractually or orally) that he can go to a CL club and then the CL winners come in for him and Shi tries to play hardball and buggers it up, I can understand his attitude. I don't think he needs to worry though, I'll be amazed if it doesn't go through and even more amazed if we spend more than the profit this window.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing less than a hard £60m....no silly add on clauses to give a pretence of a higher bid than is really on the table. 50% minimum, £30m up front . The rest payable within 12 months. Or just £60m up front thank you....plus add ons. You have until 8 p,m, tonight to make your decision then all bets are off.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of negativity towards Nunes from Man City fans, too. A significant number don't want him.
If you are talking about the ‘real’ fans those that were there long before the money came along, they don’t and they don’t like the way he’s behaving.

Those ‘glory hunters’ whole different argument.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasnt that under JL?

Didnt GON try and include Podence but his attitude was still poor so sent to the U21s?
Yeah, I replied to another person.

GON tried to bring him back when it was looking bleak about getting him out.

But the relationship is clearly DOA……..

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I swore Hobbs said something about trying to resign him
Yes he did but he also said in the same communique that Costa’s stay at Wolves was a success…….hahaha.
It was just a PR release……..take with a pinch of salt.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you ask a person for proof, not clickbait website or rumour all the time and then you dismiss an actual quote from the club official, on the official web page……

What evidence is good enough for you to accept?

As what he provided shows that it is a cut and shut case you were wrong…….
Yes he did but he also said in the same communique that Costa’s stay at Wolves was a success…….hahaha.
It was just a PR release……..take with a pinch of salt.

Back
Top Bottom