Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
Personally cannot understand what all the fuss He's hardly set the premiership alight so far. If he thinks he 'll be the new KDB at city he lives in cuckoo land. Look at Phillips and Grealish big names at their former clubs but hardly got a look in at city for their first season there. Foden can't even get a guaranteed start thats how good they are. If he has downed tools then **** him off on the understanding any deal for him includes Podence as an add on.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think we can say the 'Project' is well & truly over .......Well done Fosun

But this is the project... looks like we're going to make around 25% return on investment within a year.

If the money is spent on more up and coming players, who themselves will be sold, hopefully for similar profits, then the project is exactly as intended.

If no one is signed... then yes, you would be right.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These are the times when I wish we had proper "**** you" money. Unfortunately, situations like these tend to play out in favour of the player.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
…. Apparently since the middle of the last week.

This coupled with his ridiculous red card last Saturday and litany of of bang average performances in the sacred old gold make him a persona non grata. Cretin.
He was training on Friday

Maybe don't believe everything you read as gospel truth

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
Lol guy comes in for huge money, ghosts every game bar a few and goes on strike at the first sniff of a move. Hopefully we can agree a fee and get him out of the club.

Yeah our desperate scatter gun approach last summer clearly didn’t have a no complete ********* requisite.

Him and Guedes

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Pep is signing nunes to replicate KDB it would tell me he has lost his ****ing mind. And no sane wolves fan that watched an average Nunes labour around the pitch last season whilst doing very little could think differently. Look back through the match reports on here and comments on his performances. No one….And I mean no one, was saying/thinking this guy was being sold for 60m euro/quid/yen/whatever as a replacement for KDB this season.

For this price we are pulling Man City’s pants down IMO.

Time will tell. But that’s my opinion.
Have you ever seen pep talking about Nunes? He loves him, and no disrespect meant but I think pep knows a lot more about football than you me or anyone else on here

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
He was training on Friday

Maybe don't believe everything you read as gospel truth
On Sky Sports News they said he has refused to attend meetings or training since yesterday. No idea if we had any meetings or training on Sunday as I imagine it would normally be a day off after a match day. They declared he was "on strike" but the only evidence they gave for it was from David Ornstein. Seems like there is some truth in it but don't think we can be confident with the details.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It now looks like however good he is, his dislike of playing for us was always going to get in the way. He was never going to work out for us. We need players who will give it their all. Cash in as much as possible and run away from him ASAP! And keep the receipt, just in case ...

Also, it's appalling that decent hardworking players like Sasa, Lemina, Dawson etc have to work with such spineless mercenaries
Wolves have been terrible for 3 years now. Couldn’t buy a goal to save our lives. When a team is constantly struggling and losing or barely getting by, surely the atmosphere at Compton must be lousy.
That can sap any player’s energy and motivation. Nobody likes to lose or be on a losing team/club.
Is it any wonder if they want to leave……why stick around on the Titanic?….eg Podence.

In a situation like that, we aren’t going to see players at their best and we don’t

I‘d hate to see us ‘lose‘ Nunes and then later he looks fantastic.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough luck Matheus. If they won’t pay what he’s worth then he stays. Do not pander to a players demands, this club is far bigger than one player.

Promise him he can move in a year with a new bumper contract with a release clause in it for UCL clubs. That’s when we can properly replace him, not with 4 days left in the transfer window.

Caicedo pulled the same stunt at Brighton, club reintegrated him after the window closed. It’s happened with so many players over the years. Man City are bidding a disgracefully poor amount for him (£50m) that doesn’t respect the market for midfielders this summer (Rice and Caicedo £110m) or the fact they just bid £80m for Paqueta.

He’s worth £70 million upfront, pay it or **** off elsewhere Pep.
As did Gnonto at Leeds.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People acting like Nunes should give a hoot about Wolves. Did he not have a release clause in his contract initially?

He came here as a stepping stone, that was what he was sold, now acting all stunned when the big (the biggest in world football on pure talent) club comes in for him, and shock horror, he really wants to go.

Let him leave.
Fir the right price yes but otherwise No

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey, just read through all the stuff since the Ornstein report above. What a load of hot air, over-reaction, tosh and complete *******s on here. Most of us have only ever seen a pretty average player with occasional flashes of brilliance (ie v Chelsea) and suddenly he's worth £60-80 mil. He may become worth that if he plays at City but if we can get north of £50 mil for him, considering how average he's been for us, we've done amazingly well imo. Of course he wants to go to City, which player wouldn't, and standing in his way won't end well for Wolves. If he downs tools we have him sitting on the side-lines disgruntled till January and his value diminishing. If the Ornstein story is even only partly true then who wants a player like this at our club - I certainly don't. What is the sudden clamour to keep him from some posters on here? HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE. I know it's unbelieveable that a player may actually want to leave our wonderful club but it's true. Let's get the most we can for him asap and forget him (what's to remember tbh?) and reinforce our depleted squad before deadline day.
But if every average player on our books wanted to force a move to a better club we'd have no players left

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Surprised if Wolves haven't already accepted the latest City bid and are getting their bids in for other players as we speak before made official.
Exactly, think This has been on the table for 10 days or so, and this bid is the reason why Wolves used the E&S to push the line that there would be no more outgoings unless it was a mega bid

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
…. Apparently since the middle of the last week.

This coupled with his ridiculous red card last Saturday and litany of of bang average performances in the sacred old gold make him a persona non grata. Cretin.
The old gold was full of bang average performances and worse last season. He played his first game for us August last year and what a terrible team we were under Lage.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes is a piece of trash, but we knew this when we signed him. He strung us along and only signed with us because no other club came calling.

We need more players like Joao Gomes. Kid loves to be part of Wolves.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if every average player on our books wanted to force a move to a better club we'd have no players left
I didn't say he was an average player; I said he's been an average player for us, and tbh that's being generous. How many players are wanted by City? Very, very few. How many Wolves players are wanted by City? Him! I don't think there's any concern this situation could affect any of our other players any time soon! I just think thank **** Pep seems to rate him!

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes is a piece of trash, but we knew this when we signed him. He strung us along and only signed with us because no other club came calling.

We need more players like Joao Gomes. Kid loves to be part of Wolves.
A piece of trash? Really. Do you honestly believe what you're typing?

Back
Top Bottom