Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Don't put Matheus in the same sentence as Guedes.... streets apart in attitude.

Wouldn't be surprised if Matheus isn't training because he's about to be sold... not because he's refused to.
Some how I doubt you are right on this one.
Ornstein is usually bang on, more reliable than most.

The lad got himself sent off and is now refusing to train. Can you blame him for wanting a move to City. No. But does his attitude now stink, yes.

The lad has got miles to go to improve to warrant taking Bernado or KDB out of the their team when they are both fit, with those both fit, Nunes doesn’t get a sniff for me, any day of the week

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is some truth in that but he was rarely if ever played in his best position. His quality is seen in central midfield when he has the licence to drive through the opposition from deep. Leaving him out on the wing was always crazy as far as I was concerned. Guardiola will play him in his best position and knows that he can produce the goods there, especially when surrounded by world class players. His value is based on this not , fortunately, the misuse that Wolves made of him.
Its because he had 3 managers that were twonks. Possibly 4 now, though the jury is still out on the last one.
If he goes good luck to him. I think we can put our foot down, turn the phone off for 4 days if needs be. What's he going to do refuse to play for 3 months? Noone will want him if he is capable of doing that.

For the most Our central midfield needed to be nunes and neves and if we wanted another person in there it should have been a proper number 10.
We had two creative central midfielders that can defend and we manage to make a side that has noone further forward for them to pass to. It ****ed me off rotten all season.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tough...he should stop if man city arent prepared to pay what we think he is worth. If he wants the move in future he will have to well play for us

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
IMG_9956.jpeg
Unlike podence still has wolves on his Instagram page

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey, just read through all the stuff since the Ornstein report above. What a load of hot air, over-reaction, tosh and complete *******s on here. Most of us have only ever seen a pretty average player with occasional flashes of brilliance (ie v Chelsea) and suddenly he's worth £60-80 mil. He may become worth that if he plays at City but if we can get north of £50 mil for him, considering how average he's been for us, we've done amazingly well imo. Of course he wants to go to City, which player wouldn't, and standing in his way won't end well for Wolves. If he downs tools we have him sitting on the side-lines disgruntled till January and his value diminishing. If the Ornstein story is even only partly true then who wants a player like this at our club - I certainly don't. What is the sudden clamour to keep him from some posters on here? HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE. I know it's unbelieveable that a player may actually want to leave our wonderful club but it's true. Let's get the most we can for him asap and forget him (what's to remember tbh?) and reinforce our depleted squad before deadline day.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some how I doubt you are right on this one.
Ornstein is usually bang on, more reliable than most.

The lad got himself sent off and is now refusing to train. Can you blame him for wanting a move to City. No. But does his attitude now stink, yes.

The lad has got miles to go to improve to warrant taking Bernado or KDB out of the their team when they are both fit, with those both fit, Nunes doesn’t get a sniff for me, any day of the week

I have no idea what's actually happening behind the scenes, so I can't be anything near certain.

But having been in a position to know what was going on behind the scenes in the past, and comparing that to what was being reported, I can confidently say don't believe the **** whoever is reporting it and however reliable they are.

Ornstein hasn't seen this for himself. He's been told by someone. Who that someone is, and whether they're employed by Wolves or by Man City is what we need to know to find out who's agenda exactly is being spread around the footballing world.

Hate that people are getting angry at Fosun and Matheus himself over this though, when I strongly suspect neither have done anything wrong. (On this deal, not full stop)

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It was said on the mix that JL was right to leave because he was lied too .. well in Matheus case Wolves had the fixed sell on fee removed but Wolves had a gentleman's agreement with Matheus that he could leave if a Champions League team came in with a good offer .. what has happened since the agreement is Chelsea and the Saudi's have been paying over inflated fees for average players so the Goal post has moved for Wolves in what is an acceptable offer .. understand Matheus frustration but NO player should refuse to train or even refuse to play for the club paying their salary

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just get rid of him. I presume this is just a leak from Wolves so they can reinforce the 'he wanted to go' line when he inevitably departs.

However, they're missing the point. If Nunes was sold for £45m or £75m, the reality is nobody was really that bothered. This Nunes sale is only ever about who we bring in to replace him.

If we get the three players we need to improve the squad, the Nunes sale will be tolerated, regardless the fee.

If we don't, there will be justified anger and outcry, regardless of the fee.
if the players that come in are average not improvements and the fee was £45M not the £75 then there will be an argument we could have got better players in with the extra (in this example) £30M, so the fee he goes for is relevant.
But if he is being disruptive, probably best he goes, even if for a little les than optimum fee. If he says and is unhappy will his value go up, will we get the best out of him, City will probably move on to other targets then, and will others be willing to pay what they are.

So whilst I don't want to see us sell him on the cheap holding out for the most we can get may not work out as the best policy either

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was said on the mix that JL was right to leave because he was lied too .. well in Matheus case Wolves had the fixed sell on fee removed but Wolves had a gentleman's agreement with Matheus that he could leave if a Champions League team came in with a good offer .. what has happened since the agreement is Chelsea and the Saudi's have been paying over inflated fees for average players so the Goal post has moved for Wolves in what is an acceptable offer .. understand Matheus frustration but NO player should refuse to train or even refuse to play for the club paying their salary
We don't know for sure how accurate the downing tools story is tbh? I was unaware about the gentleman's agreement but that is interesting, again if true. I think we all know, deep down, he will go to City this window.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could someone fill me in on the fixed fee thing? Hadnt heard about that

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Recurring theme about these misunderstandings between Jeff and important people in the club. Funny that!

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stop paying him his obscene salary then , donate it to charity, and sell him to Wrexham or someone for 20 million , with 50 pc from any sell on profits

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably being poorly advised to be a **** by a money grabbing **** agent? Who is that again?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like *******s

Define a good offer .

Unless that’s agreed then there’s no such agreement

If wolves have said he can go for 45m then that’s a different story

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone begrudges him the move, this isn’t the way to do it!!

Just be professional.

For me Matt Jarvis was a professional in his move those years ago.
He was. Even played the first half of his last game knowing he was off. The whole ground is too.
The deal went through the next day if I remember.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If City were offering £80m for Paqueta then we are well within our rights to ask for 70m for Nunes.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could someone fill me in on the fixed fee thing? Hadnt heard about that

He reportedly had a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for Liverpool if they offered 44m. Wolves reportedly removed (assume bought out) the clause earlier this year.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if the players that come in are average not improvements and the fee was £45M not the £75 then there will be an argument we could have got better players in with the extra (in this example) £30M, so the fee he goes for is relevant.
But if he is being disruptive, probably best he goes, even if for a little les than optimum fee. If he says and is unhappy will his value go up, will we get the best out of him, City will probably move on to other targets then, and will others be willing to pay what they are.

So whilst I don't want to see us sell him on the cheap holding out for the most we can get may not work out as the best policy either

3 "average" players, like perhaps Dawson & Lemina at this level, who actually want to be here and will put in 110% effort, would be better than Nunes. Who is rumoured to be potentially world class, though never wanted to be here. And for whatever reason, was actually below average for us most of last season. For a squad that is light, to have 3 average players is better for injury cover, too.

Beginning to wonder if this isn't a case of "Emporer Peps New Clothes". Only those with the footballing intellect of Pep can see Nunes amazing abilities.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no idea what's actually happening behind the scenes, so I can't be anything near certain.

But having been in a position to know what was going on behind the scenes in the past, and comparing that to what was being reported, I can confidently say don't believe the **** whoever is reporting it and however reliable they are.

Ornstein hasn't seen this for himself. He's been told by someone. Who that someone is, and whether they're employed by Wolves or by Man City is what we need to know to find out who's agenda exactly is being spread around the footballing world.

Hate that people are getting angry at Fosun and Matheus himself over this though, when I strongly suspect neither have done anything wrong. (On this deal, not full stop)
Spot on

None of us know what is going on and this might well be all sides playing games.

Some people just want to believe any old **** they read in the papers, and aren't even able to stop for a minute and think

Maybe a bit of anger management might be in order

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like *******s

Define a good offer .

Unless that’s agreed then there’s no such agreement

If wolves have said he can go for 45m then that’s a different story
Tbh those arguing on here about his value is pointless and a waste of time. All just subjective. I think he's worth perhaps £50 mil, someone else thinks £80 mil - so what? Again what was said between Nunes and Wolves about a move will never be known, unless one day he writes an autobiography! I'll say again, he'll be a City player sometime this week.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Exact parallel with Gnonto at Leeds
And we can learn a lot from how Daniel Farke handled that
Told Gnonto he wasn't going anywhere unless Leeds' valuation was met
Sent to train with the 21s
Valuation not met.
Gnonto backs down. Apologises. Re-integrated. Stuffs it in the onion bag at Ipswich

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It isn’t just Nunes. How many players recently have refused to turn up for work? These players have signed contracts and have no right to withdraw their labour. They’re paid very well to do a job, so just do it.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh those arguing on here about his value is pointless and a waste of time. All just subjective. I think he's worth perhaps £50 mil, someone else thinks £80 mil - so what? Again what was said between Nunes and Wolves about a move will never be known, unless one day he writes an autobiography! I'll say again, he'll be a City player sometime this week.
Apparently they have offered £52 mil plus add ons so already above your valuation by some way

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We know he’s going. It’s likely for not as much as Wolves would like, and so this news has appeared in the press to help temper fans frustration when we hear he’s left for significantly less than it’s reported we were holding out for. A form of saving face.

We get it Jeff. We need the money to pay for players you know the squad needs and you’re not going to touch the money you’ve already raised this summer, as that’s going straight into Fosun’s account when the club is sold. So just get on with it, let Hobbs spend it wisely, and then kindly **** off.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 "average" players, like perhaps Dawson & Lemina at this level, who actually want to be here and will put in 110% effort, would be better than Nunes. Who is rumoured to be potentially world class, though never wanted to be here. And for whatever reason, was actually below average for us most of last season. For a squad that is light, to have 3 average players is better for injury cover, too.

Beginning to wonder if this isn't a case of "Emporer Peps New Clothes". Only those with the footballing intellect of Pep can see Nunes amazing abilities.
Spot on Contrarian. Thank God Pep (for what ever crazy reason) seems to really rate Nunes. We've seen him every game for a season IN THE PREM and he's been average at best, anonymous in many. FFS, grab the money and run!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on Contrarian. Thank God Pep (for what ever crazy reason) seems to really rate Nunes. We've seen him every game for a season IN THE PREM and he's been average at best, anonymous in many. FFS, grab the money and run!

It now looks like however good he is, his dislike of playing for us was always going to get in the way. He was never going to work out for us. We need players who will give it their all. Cash in as much as possible and run away from him ASAP! And keep the receipt, just in case ...

Also, it's appalling that decent hardworking players like Sasa, Lemina, Dawson etc have to work with such spineless mercenaries

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Percy;

Matheus Nunes is facing disciplinary action from Wolverhampton Wanderers after stopping training as he bids to push through a move to Manchester City.

The Portugal attacking midfielder has told Wolves he wants to join Manchester City, who have had a £47 million bid for the player rejected.

But Wolves are adamant Nunes will not be leaving unless their valuation of at least £60 million is met as the Midlands club stand firm in the wake of City’s interest.

It is understood that Nunes did not train on Sunday or Monday.

Wolves are due to play Blackpool in the Carabao Cup second round at Molineux on Tuesday night.

Nunes is due to face disciplinary action as a result of his absence.

Wolves will bring the 25-year-old back into their squad after Friday’s transfer deadline has passed unless he leaves before then.

Nunes joined Wolves from Sporting Lisbon for £42 million 12 months ago and has four years left to run on his contract with the club.

City, who have also looked at Eberechi Eze at Crystal Palace, want to add another midfielder this week after losing talisman Kevin De Bruyne for four to five months through injury.

Pep Guardiola - who is currently recuperating in Barcelona after back surgery and missed Sunday’s 2-1 win at Sheffield United - has already signed Mateo Kovavic and Jeremy Doku this summer as well as defender Josko Gvardiol but is hoping for further reinforcements.

City wanted to sign Lucas Paqueta from West Ham but abandoned their pursuit after the Football Association began an investigation into alleged betting breaches by the Brazil midfielder.

Wolves have an interest in the City midfielder Tommy Doyle, who spent last season on loan at Sheffield United. That interest could be formalised were Nunes to join the Premier League and European champions.

Meanwhile, Barcelona are continuing to explore a loan deal for City full back Joao Cancelo.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we all know he's going .the issue is do you really think this lot are going to replace him? We've been lied to all summer
Doc and king should tell you all you need to know
Again, irrelevant. What Fosun decide to do with any transfer money is another story and absolutely nothing to do with Nunes's transfer to City.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am more interested in the team than Nunes
It appears we are going to sell him for above £50 million. be that today or January or after that.
I want players brought in now.
We bought in £80 million of cash already , we know we will get £50 million for him today or any time after, and can be sold just like that . Liverpool , Arsenal or some other top side
So FFP can be adhered to and cash flow can be sorted out within 6 months .

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Stopping training could also mean 'I'm as good as signed now, i don't want the deal to fall through by picking up a knock and spoil things for both parties'.

Not sure if it compares to Hennessey's no show tbh

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It now looks like however good he is, his dislike of playing for us was always going to get in the way. He was never going to work out for us. We need players who will give it their all. Cash in as much as possible and run away from him ASAP! And keep the receipt, just in case ...

Also, it's appalling that decent hardworking players like Sasa, Lemina, Dawson etc have to work with such spineless mercenaries
Again I agree Contrarian. I don't know but I'm sure he came to us under sufferance and as a way of getting into the Prem and a better move asap. Imv he never played as if he really cared. He's certainly a talent but rarely bothered to show it in old gold. He wants out so get shot.

Back
Top Bottom