Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are going to make a huge profit on a player most fans will say has underperformed or disappointed whilst with us. (I personally always said he was excellent and needed time and patience)

This is literally Fosuns stated aim - buy talented players, sell for profit, rinse and repeat.

Wait until the deal is finalised before slagging off the club. I think we'll do well out of it.

As much as I rate and love Matheus, I want him to go, because I think overall it's in our best interests.
In our best interests or in Fosun's best interests?. Depends if it is reinvested or not.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are going to make a huge profit on a player most fans will say has underperformed or disappointed whilst with us. (I personally always said he was excellent and needed time and patience)

This is literally Fosuns stated aim - buy talented players, sell for profit, rinse and repeat.

Wait until the deal is finalised before slagging off the club. I think we'll do well out of it.

As much as I rate and love Matheus, I want him to go, because I think overall it's in our best interests.

Sure if the fee is reinvested, but so far this summer we’ve reinvested zero, zilch, diddly squat.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes came in for a big fee, has largely not delivered and is now departing for a bigger fee.

Seems to be great in theory, but unless the money is reinvested (huge IF), what's the point?
And this is the key thing. It all depends who comes in now. If we can have Doyle and/or Palmer (I really like Palmer), as part of this, and it also allows us to buy a decent, pacy, right-footed centre half then that will be really good business and could really boost the squad.

Over to you Fosun/Shi/Hobbs/anybody/please

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we are getting rid of a player who is deemed ready to slot into citys mf for a lowball offer and some of you will be happy we will PROBABLY and I mean slight chance to re-invest a 3rd of the fee on decent championship level players. Think I am going mad if this is a good deal not to mention Fosun have not spent a bloody penny while rinsing us all summer and now selling one of our better players 4 days before the window shuts!!! This stinks of desperation and Its the final straw for me

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_0985.jpeg
    IMG_0985.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 39

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t get that impression myself at all.. he isn’t a massively physical player, but when I’ve watched him, he works hard and tries to push us forward.

Doesn’t seem anything like Guedes to me.. other than being Portuguese.
I agree and he always joins in the goal celebrations. Not the actions of a disillusioned guy who does not want to be here.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
Genuinely believe both the club and Fosun.
Trouble is the trust in Fosun to do the best for the club rather than the best for Fosun must be at an all time low at the moment.

You’re right to say wait and see who we bring in but which players of any sort of quality are going to want to join Wolves at the moment.

Remember when all the talk of FFP that Hobbs said players still wanted to join because they wanted to play for Lopetegui. I’m not so sure O’Neill has quite the same pull.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should be on the transfer rumours thread, rather than this one... but just to point out - this particular defensive minded mf has got 2 goals and 2 assists in the first 3 games of the season in France.

My bad. Got my browser tabs mixed up lol.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
With the rumour of that Strasbourg player i wander if Wolves are trying to get a potential replacement for Nunes before agreeing the Man City bid and i would guess Wolves will also want to get CB and wide player in before agreeing the Man City bid otherwise makes no sense to sell Nunes without any players coming in we are already threadbare as it is

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
+ savings on their wages, plus Moutinho, Costa, Adama wages saving as well. That’s 12 players out since the end of last season. A whole starting 11, with a free transfer wing back and third choice League One goalie coming in.

Chiquinho, Hoever, Cundle, Bolla, Mosquera on loan as well, That 17 players out. Un*******ingbelievable, Jeff!

It ain’t a firesale, it’s arson!
It’s probably fair to say that our squad was bloated too.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Paul cook and Robbie Dennison were current footballers they would be worth 80m.

How is this guy possibly worth this amount of money after doing pretty much **** all for us. Most of last season I watched him thinking how badly we had our pants pulled down. And now we are selling him for more. Football has lost its marbles!!!! It’s just one big Ponzi scheme allowing dodgy states to wash money around a western financial system.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
If Paul cook and Robbie Dennison were current footballers they would be worth 80m.

How is this guy possibly worth this amount of money after doing pretty much **** all for us. Most of last season I watched him thinking how badly we had our pants pulled down. And now we are selling him for more. Football has lost its marbles!!!! It’s just one big Ponzi scheme allowing dodgy states to wash money around a western financial system.
So our best player and current Portugal international isn't worth 60m but 2 second division footballers from the 90s who weren't good enough to play in the top division or internationally in Cook's case would be worth 80m?

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Fair play for not immediately changing your valuation as soon as City were interested, like most others seem to have done.

I'm sure some people have said all of the following:

We massively overpaid
He is crap
We are selling him far too cheaply.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So our best player and current Portugal international isn't worth 60m but 2 second division footballers from the 90s who weren't good enough to play in the top division or internationally in Cook's case would be worth 80m?

I’m not talking about relative value. I’m talking about absolute value. Hence my comment about cookie and Dennison.

This guy has absolutely zero Output. I don’t agree he is our best player. Why was he not PoS last year? Cos he was ****.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play for not immediately changing your valuation as soon as City were interested, like most others seem to have done.

I'm sure some people have said all of the following:

We massively overpaid
He is crap
We are selling him far too cheaply.

I am pretty sure you are Matt Hobbs or close to him/the club. You are far too rational.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m not talking about relative value. I’m talking about absolute value. Hence my comment about cookie and Dennison.

This guy has absolutely zero Output. I don’t agree he is our best player. Why was he not PoS last year? Cos he was ****.

Then surely praise is due on getting a profit out of someone so useless? And hoodwinking the best club and manager in the world that he's worth buying.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me he will obviously want to go to City (who wouldn't?) so the quicker it gets done the better. As fans there is little point debating what he's worth; he's worth what Wolves and City agree! What's more important for me is to move on from Nunes and get all/some of the income spent on expanding the paper-thin squad.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nunes is a player who will get bums off seats with his ball carrying and skill. Who do we have to replace that, if and when he goes?

City were willing to pay £80million for Paqeta from West Ham after one season with them. He even spent time on the bench as well.

Just saying.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then surely praise is due on getting a profit out of someone so useless? And hoodwinking the best club and manager in the world that he's worth buying.

I agree. Honestly, in a rational market we should be thankful we are getting our money back never mind making 20m. This year the market has gone mad and if we can take advantage of that maybe it’s a good thing. He did absolutely nothing last year and I would be entirely confident his output could be replaced by someone costing a fraction who doesn’t have the seemingly fashionable Portuguese and Brazilian background.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes is a player who will get bums off seats with his ball carrying and skill. Who do we have to replace that, if and when he goes?

City were willing to pay £80million for Paqeta from West Ham after one season with them. He even spent time on the bench as well.

Just saying.

I got off my bum once. Great goal v Chelsea.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the rumour of that Strasbourg player i wander if Wolves are trying to get a potential replacement for Nunes before agreeing the Man City bid and i would guess Wolves will also want to get CB and wide player in before agreeing the Man City bid otherwise makes no sense to sell Nunes without any players coming in we are already threadbare as it is
Stop talking rationally
You‘re referring to sensible succession planning. This is Wolves.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
End of last season most were saying if we get our money back £40-45m then happy for him to go to Liverpool (and we’re doubting we’d sell him after a poor season).

Now after a good pre-season and waltzing through Man Utd’s 1 man midfield he should be £70m+.

He wants to go (and why wouldn’t he), anything starting with a 6 (in pounds) is good business for both cashflow and profit/FFP.

Good luck to him.

All down to purchases now.

CB, WIde Midfielder are 2 priorities.

GK - Sa, Bentley
RB - Doc Semedo
CB - Dawson, Kilman, Toti, New CB
LB - Bueno, RAN (Toti cover)
CM - Gomes, Lemina, Traore, Hodge
Wide midfielders/wingers - Neto, Sarabia, Hwang (RAN can cover)
Striker/No.10 - Cunha, Fabio, Sasa (Sarabi can cover 10).

Mosquera, Chiquinho available in January.

Doyle, McAtee, Palmer - one permanent and one on loan.
Elvedi or similar - permanent
New winger - loan with option to buy?

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
End of last season most were saying if we get our money back £40-45m then happy for him to go to Liverpool (and we’re doubting we’d sell him after a poor season).

Now after a good pre-season and waltzing through Man Utd’s 1 man midfield he should be £70m+.

He wants to go (and why wouldn’t he), anything starting with a 6 (in pounds) is good business for both cashflow and profit/FFP.

Good luck to him.

All down to purchases now.

CB, WIde Midfielder are 2 priorities.

GK - Sa, Bentley
RB - Doc Semedo
CB - Dawson, Kilman, Toti, New CB
LB - Bueno, RAN (Toti cover)
CM - Gomes, Lemina, Traore, Hodge
Wide midfielders/wingers - Neto, Sarabia, Hwang (RAN can cover)
Striker/No.10 - Cunha, Fabio, Sasa (Sarabi can cover 10).

Mosquera, Chiquinho available in January.

Doyle, McAtee, Palmer - one permanent and one on loan.
Elvedi or similar - permanent
New winger - loan with option to buy?
An attaching centre mid is the priority after a CB so in order:

CB
Midfielder (not a true defensive one)
Wide forward.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me he will obviously want to go to City (who wouldn't?) so the quicker it gets done the better. As fans there is little point debating what he's worth; he's worth what Wolves and City agree! What's more important for me is to move on from Nunes and get all/some of the income spent on expanding the paper-thin squad.
I wouldnt make that assumption. Phillips went for a similar amount and barely played. Nunes strikes me as someone who wants to play every game, (I very much like that about him), and what is actually on offer in terms of playing time may not be so attractive.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If it was normal circumstances, I.e. not with 4 days left in the window, and without knowing the market rate for midfielders has been set with the price of Rice and Caicedo at £110m each, then yes I would agree £40-50m would have been fair.

Taking all of the above into context, the price should absolutely be £70-80 million. We know Man City have that money as they offered £80m for Paqueta before his gambling issues came to light.

If we take 60 million euros (£51m), which supposedly already includes addons in that amount, we’ve been bent over backwards for a player of Nunes rare ability and potential. That’s a £20m profit (if all addons are achieved), and when you take away Sporting’s cut and Mendes’ cut, you’re looking at a £15m profit.

A £15m profit is barely affording us Elvedi and Doyle. I’d rather stick than twist. Tell Nunes he can go next summer when he can be properly replaced.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is this deal being reported in euros when the deal is being transacted between two English clubs. Could it be to make fans think it is more in value?
Yes, it's just a deal Fosun has made with reporters to trick Wolves fans.

Probably doesn't have anything to do with Romano not being English and always using Euros as well as most big "tracking" sites always using Euros. It's definitely the former.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it was normal circumstances, I.e. not with 4 days left in the window, and without knowing the market rate for midfielders has been set with the price of Rice and Caicedo at £110m each, then yes I would agree £40-50m would have been fair.

Taking all of the above into context, the price should absolutely be £70-80 million. We know Man City have that money as they offered £80m for Paqueta before his gambling issues came to light.

If we take 60 million euros (£51m), which supposedly already includes addons in that amount, we’ve been bent over backwards for a player of Nunes rare ability and potential. That’s a £20m profit (if all addons are achieved), and when you take away Sporting’s cut and Mendes’ cut, you’re looking at a £15m profit.

A £15m profit is barely affording us Elvedi and Doyle. I’d rather stick than twist. Tell Nunes he can go next summer when he can be properly replaced.
Why are we just spending the profit?

Back
Top Bottom