Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being linked with Gabriel Barbosa, no idea if it’s a goer or not, just been told we are being mentioned as part of talks with another club which is how the person I get occasional bits and bobs from heard about it, didn’t hear it at the pub though!

After the way they ****ed us around with Gomes, surprised we'd even go for a Flamengo player again

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the way they ****ed us around with Gomes, surprised we'd even go for a Flamengo player again

We may not be, possibly just being used to push up a price or drum up competition, it’s why I put it in here because I’ve no idea. I was just happy to hear a rumour that wasn’t linked to someone being sold at this point

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We may not be, possibly just being used to push up a price or drum up competition, it’s why I put it in here because I’ve no idea. I was just happy to hear a rumour that wasn’t linked to someone being sold at this point

He is coming up to the last year of his contract so you're probably right there

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any idea on the other club?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barbosa links but he’s a lazy forward

Centre half
Centre mid
Forward/wing

Are the agenda for this busy week

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any idea on the other club?

Yes, but I don’t want to say anything that gets him in trouble, so will just say premier league south east , that leaves it open enough! :laughing:

Sorry east not west!

Last edited:

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes, but I don’t want to say anything that gets him in trouble, so will just say premier league south west , that leaves it open enough! :laughing:
That could only be Bournemouth though!

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but I don’t want to say anything that gets him in trouble, so will just say premier league south west , that leaves it open enough! :laughing:

West Ham were heavily linked in January I think or January before. I know it's not south west I only realised after posting

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being linked with Gabriel Barbosa, no idea if it’s a goer or not, just been told we are being mentioned as part of talks with another club which is how the person I get occasional bits and bobs from heard about it, didn’t hear it at the pub though!
We were linked earlier in the year too. Apparently one of the players Hobbs met on his South American tour.

Would be an outrageous signing. But won’t happen.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gabriel Barbosa

A controversial figure, he struggled to make the grade in Europe. South American football expert Tim Vickery was damning with his verdict: “He’s 25 already, he had one go already in Europe with Inter Milan and Benfica, and it was an absolute disaster. People spoke very badly of him, if he was chocolate he would eat himself, he swanned around like he was Pretty Boy Floyd."

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Those silver and blue boots with a strip of yellow in places were bloody gorgeous!!!

I was jealous of the lads in the academy who had them…..

They were the boot version of go faster stripes on a car hahaha
They were a thing of beauty, I never had them as I thought you had to have the matching haircut:grin:

I stuck with the Predators and brylcreem

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But the whole world didn't refer to him by the name on his boots did they? There was no need, CR7 was 13 playing keepy uppy with a mango in Madeira.
To be honest after Cristiano came along I thought he was just known as fat Ronaldo

But the whole R9 was created by Ronaldo for he's boots in 1998

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were a thing of beauty, I never had them as I thought you had to have the matching haircut:grin:

I stuck with the Predators and brylcreem
I was a predator wearer too…….

They were great for playing passes from deep as a keeper when they had the spiked ridges of the first two models. You could really whip a ball with bend around players into space.

Shame the predator went style over substance…..

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where you heard that? Would be great if true.

I still don’t get the excitement for selling our players. We are already barebones and I have no faith that we will bring in replacements/additions by the end of the week.

I really hope to be proven wrong, but it would be something of a miracle to get enough cover in 5 days.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still don’t get the excitement for selling our players. We are already barebones and I have no faith that we will bring in replacements/additions by the end of the week.

I really hope to be proven wrong, but it would be something of a miracle to get enough cover in 5 days.

Totally agree with this. Why be excited about anyone going when it will more than likely end up with no one coming in and excuses.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I generally agree, but I’ll make an exception for players who don’t want to be here. eg Guedes and Podence. Both decent players, but neither wants to pull our shirt on again. Podence stopped following Wolves on Insta, so I stopped following him. Be glad when he leaves.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Selling Podence would be very exciting, mainly because he's resembling a rather annoying mosquito who is sucking on our wage bill.

Jonny will be a departure tinted with sadness, considering the player he was and the consummate pro he's always (even GON has alluded to this).

Unlike Podence in every regard, who has largely proven himself to be a self-entitled brat over the past 6 months or so.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Selling Podence would be very exciting, mainly because he's resembling a rather annoying mosquito who is sucking on our wage bill.

Jonny will be a departure tinted with sadness, considering the player he was and the consummate pro he's always (even GON has alluded to this).

Unlike Podence in every regard, who has largely proven himself to be a self-entitled brat over the past 6 months or so.
Very well put.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
150k a week, 7m a year on wages saved between the pair of them. Bar jordao, if jonny and podence are on their way, with bolla on his way as well, that is all the perceived dead wood gone. Guedes with his loan to benfica to be confirmed soon i would think. Nothing left to sell now other than first team.

If hobbs was tasked with getting decent money in for players, get the top earners off the wage bill and balance the books after the idiotic over spend last summer, and desperate spend in Jan, then it is a success. But now its vital that the areas of weakness in the squad are addressed this week now. Minimum required for me is 1 cb, 1 midfielder, and to replace anyone leaving this week like nunes.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree with this. Why be excited about anyone going when it will more than likely end up with no one coming in and excuses.
I think podence needs to go due to his attitude and the impact it can have on the squad, why pay to keep him around? Be happy to get him gone as he will be more destructive than helpful.

Johnny, I like the guy, model pro. Would be sad to see him go for sentimental reasons

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Nunes, Podence, Jonny and Bolla out, with some questions marks still over Semedo and possibly Sa? Its mad really that we only have 5 days left to sort out any/all incomings. Especially as the quality of said incomings will almost certainly go quite some way to deciding our fate this season?

My guess is we’ll sign Elvedi and Brownhill, perhaps also Doyle and a forward on a loan to buy. If Semedo and Sa end up going then a couple more? A GK would obviously be needed, but I doubt that AWB will be coming here, so what would we do for a RB? Baku?

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Nunes, Podence, Jonny and Bolla out, with some questions marks still over Semedo and possibly Sa? Its mad really that we only have 5 days left to sort out any/all incomings. Especially as the quality of said incomings will almost certainly go quite some way to deciding our fate this season?

My guess is we’ll sign Elvedi and Brownhill, perhaps also Doyle and a forward on a loan to buy. If Semedo and Sa end up going then a couple more? A GK would obviously be needed, but I doubt that AWB will be coming here, so what would we do for a RB? Baku?
Not sure the Semedo rumour was true and Sa is negotiating a new deal (apparently)

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure the Semedo rumour was true and Sa is negotiating a new deal (apparently)
I’m quite shocked about a new deal for Sa tbh. Yeah the Semedo stuff has gone pretty quiet. Sounded a bit too good to be true tbf?

Back
Top Bottom