Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could understand the sale of the other players, this one I can not.

I am sure Wolves will spin the tale saying he wanted to leave or had something in his contact.

We are going in to a battle with no soldiers.... this season only heading one direction
If Semedo and Nunes are sold the morale of the team will plummet even further. Those with salary reduction relegation clauses in their contracts will want out.
Plus who the **** would want to come to us.

MacTrizzle

Reaction score
If we can sell Nunes for £80m and use that £50m of profit to bring in 4-5 quality players to properly beef up the squad, I'm all for it. He's a special player on his day, but he's not consistent enough, and I've never been truly convinced that he wants to be here (in my opinion).

In reality, if we sell him for £45m, taking away 10% for Sporting, that's something like a £10m profit as his book value is currently in the region of £30m. That's barely affording us Josh Brownhill. Absolutely laughable.
£80m?! You’re dreaming.

If we sell for £50m I’d be amazed. I’d be more amazed if fosun reinvested sale proceeds. Not gonna happen.

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
I think Fosun tread very, very carefully.

The straw that broke the Camels back lays with fragility against this entire scenario.

I for one will vociferously turn if this happens against the context of this summer and the spate of recent league performances where we have repeatedly capitulated.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they’re just a little concerned by all the outgoings and the lack of incomings.. added to that the rumours of Fosun’s cash issues and potential sale. I think most people just want to see a good Wolves team and decent football, and this summer has been quite a grim one.
Fosun have spent a fortune on us and had little return for their investment. Is it any wonder they’re potentially being more cautious. And yes I understand Jeff shi is to blame for everything and he is an employee of Fosun

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Q - is there a Release clause for CL club In Nunes contract?

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun have spent a fortune on us and had little return for their investment. Is it any wonder they’re potentially being more cautious. And yes I understand Jeff shi is to blame for everything and he is an employee of Fosun
There is being cautious.. and then there is making 150-180mill in sales and signing two free transfers.

Look, I’ve always appreciated Fosun, but if they want to keep the club in the Prem long term, they need to keep investing. I think they might just realise that Wolves has hit its ceiling with them.

surreywolf

Reaction score
Q - is there a Release clause for CL club In Nunes contract?

There was talk of this in Jan with Liverpool

We can only hope city interest is Mendes flushing scousers out now they shown they had silly money for caicedo

God how I used to love football

floydstreet

Reaction score
He definitely had a pre agreement with Liverpool for around this fee, I don’t know whether that extended to City or whether we can push for more.

There has been so much spin and counter spin.
I feel confused but actually relieved that we can now see fosuns true intentions if this goes through.

They’d stated sales were due to fFP and that no plans to sell anymore. Therefore every penny of Nunes sale would be made available. If not it’s clearly about cash recovery for fosun and not FFP. Be nice to clear that up

Reaction score
Why are Fosun being accused of asset stripping just because Man City have bid for one of our players? If we offered him to them then yes I’d understand.
I’m sorry but that’s exactly what they’re doing - sell the best players and then sell the club. Tbh I wish they would do that I want them gone.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In reality, if we sell him for £45m, taking away 10% for Sporting, that's something like a £10m profit as his book value is currently in the region of £30m. That's barely affording us Josh Brownhill. Absolutely laughable.
Don't forget Uncle Jorge will want his pound of flesh too.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joke club.

Hope we go down and hope FOSUN subsequently go bust.
Seriously?
People are losing their heads over the possibility of selling someone who most thought wasnt up to much last year and used the price tag to attack Jeff and Fosun. Now it looks like we might actually get our money back (plus a bit more perhaps) for a bloke who still isn’t quite at the races, the same people are still losing their ****.
If anyone could guarantee me the Nunes that played against United every week, then I’d agree that we’d be mad to sell. However, he’s not a consistent performer and as Saturday showed, he can be a liability.
All depends on the fee.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He definitely had a pre agreement with Liverpool for around this fee, I don’t know whether that extended to City or whether we can push for more.

There has been so much spin and counter spin.
I feel confused but actually relieved that we can now see fosuns true intentions if this goes through.

They’d stated sales were due to fFP and that no plans to sell anymore. Therefore every penny of Nunes sale would be made available. If not it’s clearly about cash recovery for fosun and not FFP. Be nice to clear that up
That agreement was removed from his contract last season

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is being cautious.. and then there is making 150-180mill in sales and signing two free transfers.

Look, I’ve always appreciated Fosun, but if they want to keep the club in the Prem long term, they need to keep investing. I think they might just realise that Wolves has hit its ceiling with them.
The fact is nobody really knows what’s going on behind the scenes. Maybe Fosun have realised they can’t compete financially with alot of teams and are looking to sell. Maybe the current situation in China is having an effect. I see it as if they want to asset strip they can, it’s their money, yes it’s painful to see if that’s the case but what can we do. We forget they have technically invested in Cunha and traore this summer.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are losing their heads over the possibility of selling someone who most thought wasnt up to much last year and used the price tag to attack Jeff and Fosun. Now it looks like we might actually get our money back (plus a bit more perhaps) for a bloke who still isn’t quite at the races, the same people are still losing their ****.
If anyone could guarantee me the Nunes that played against United every week, then I’d agree that we’d be mad to sell. However, he’s not a consistent performer and as Saturday showed, he can be a liability.
All depends on the fee.
Talk about defend the owners come what may....

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sorry but that’s exactly what they’re doing - sell the best players and then sell the club. Tbh I wish they would do that I want them gone.
Maybe they’re trying to sell the club. It’s their money they can do what they like

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All depends on the fee.
Brighton sell all the time. I always feel Wolves fans take selling players far too personally, but we know the funds won't be reinvested so the frustration is justified this time.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get a good fee, I don't see the outrage. He hasn't set the world on fire here. Maybe get 50 million and throw in Doyle and Mcatee and it's not a bad deal.
We won't be getting Doyle or Mcatee though will we. They don't want to come here and City are not offering them.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are Fosun being accused of asset stripping just because Man City have bid for one of our players? If we offered him to them then yes I’d understand.
Not to single you out, but how can people be in such denial? Do you think people arrived at this conclusion solely on the basis of Nunes being sold? Lol

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All depends on the fee.
What's it like down there?

Back
Top Bottom