Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So where do we go from here ?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
It is easy to say don’t panic but when you have a non scoring team who look slow at the back what options do we have? Guo saw that today sat alongside Shi,warts and all.Instead of looking down the back of the sofa or thinking of taking the empties back to the off-licence we need decisive action now because the writing will soon be on the wall.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a defender ( Elvedi ) a midfielder ( mctominay loan to buy ) and a ****ing striker ( Adams ) who knows how to score
If we persist with todays starting line up then we are totally ****ed
Sort it the **** out. **** FFP just sort it out

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we haven’t won a game in August since promotion, the only win at start of season was in September because of Covid.. why do we always start so slow?

A couple of good performances and results from Everton and Palace and all will be well again.. a couple of losses and this place will be toxic.

Funny old game isn’t it.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Posters keep saying there will be 3 teams worse than us, well we'll see I'm not so sure.
Can't see O'Neil turning this crap round easily, Everton will of course beat us next week.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need a defender ( Elvedi ) a midfielder ( mctominay loan to buy ) and a ****ing striker ( Adams ) who knows how to score
Mctominays the last player we need - our midfield are fine, we played quite well at times today and we’ll score goals going forwards. The problem is we’re built on sand with our defence - no chance of keeping clean sheets.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fans need to grow a pair of *******s if their rolling on the backs and submitting to the championship after two games. Especially after ****ing over the last three games of Luton, Rennes and United.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fans need to grow a pair of *******s if their rolling on the backs and submitting to the championship after two games. Especially after ****ing over the last three games of Luton, Rennes and United.
But it is similar to the last few seasons . Or are you missing something I am seeing and various others?

It is obvious we need to upgrade certain areas in the team . We haven't as none of the transfers have started this season as not better than what we have . So similar mistakes are made as the players are the same and frankly not good enough .

We can't score goals but Fosun and Shi won't address this . It is like sticking plasters on ****ing water leak .

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to recall Mosquera.

He’s the kind of player that Brighton would turn into a record sale.
To sit on the bench

Dawson you replacing or Kilman ?

Then GON will have unhappy players and he isn't the type for that IMO.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Potter spent three seasons I think drilling the Brighton team to play in a decent way. They were **** for long periods, nearly went down twice, but ultimately it's led to today. And last season.

I wouldn't mind being **** for a while if I felt it was to implement a style and a strategy, learning to walk before we run type thing.

But not for one single minute do I think GON(E) is going to be our Potter. We're ****ed.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score

Brighton make all these unknown players into something special because of the management and the way they play that brings the best out of them. Top players like mitoma would look distinctively average playing for us

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No need to panic, there's a lot to like about us going forward, we just need to sit in a bit deeper than we have been and not play our best left winger on the right. Nunes being suspended could be a good thing, Traore will help shore up the middle of the park and allow Cunha, Silva and potentially Hwang to operate where they're best, up front.

Brighton are a superb team, and a 10-minute spell of nonsense aside, we weren't too far adrift today. We're not a top 10 team, but we're also better than bottom three.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We can’t. The loan agreement doesn’t allow it as far as I have been made aware.

He ain’t back till Jan…..

we had a lad hit great form on loan who could have added something this side of Christmas and some genius extended the loan till Jan. of which he won’t be fully sharp as he will need a break after the season finishes.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won’t have a World Cup break to save us this time.

Lets see if the non-legacy fans will watch us in the Championship
I am curious to see how much the views and social media impressions and engagements have changed since Raul left…….

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we haven’t won a game in August since promotion, the only win at start of season was in September because of Covid.. why do we always start so slow?

That's a strange one! We are always slow starters. Maybe part of it is that since the promotion season, Fosun have become reactive rather than taking the initiative?

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We wait and get the first ten games out of the system!!! We’ll have about 5/6 points. Expect it. We support the team like never before!!

We reset the expectations and wait for the fixtures to ease!
We have the nucleus of a good side with exceptional talent.
Let’s not destroy them from within.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won’t have a World Cup break to save us this time.

Lets see if the non-legacy fans will watch us in the Championship
The amount leaving after the 3rd goal was a **** take

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a strange one! We are always slow starters. Maybe part of it is that since the promotion season, Fosun have become reactive rather than taking the initiative?
They don’t understand the basics that you improve every summer before the season starts, you don’t leave it to Jan when you have to over pay for talent.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The worry is if you go back to the Comms thread we were ALL eulogising about GON's team; it was to a man the team we ALL wanted. This was our best 11. We have very little in reserve to bring on. Where do we go from here? Goodison Park, pretty much with the players we had today! I can see next week them being in 19th and us 20th. Can games be so crucial this early in the season?

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as Jeff Shi is still here we are going nowhere

The end of an era with all these wonderful Wolves players and managers leaving..

We can't blame Garry O' our manager now who's only been here 9 days

It's not rocket science... saying that Jeff Shi would probably be better at rocket science than running a football club :rolleyes:

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We either bring in a couple of players, specifically a centre back and a midfielder/winger/striker capable of chipping in with goals or we will go down. It’s really as simple as that for me.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't Panic.

We still created chances, we just need someone who can convert them.

Oh...

You're all missing the point of today's defeat.

It was deliberate in front of Guo with the aim of forcing Fosun to get the chequebook out.
He will have hated what he saw and be very offended.
Several new signings will arrive before the window closes.

Trust me;)

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The warning signs are there. Players were occupying the same parts of the pitch, no awareness of where teammates were other than when breaking the lines at pace. That’s not a sustainable way of playing football.

He was assistant manager at Bournemouth, to Scott Parker, in the Champ. What if somebody had suggested his name when we got Lage? I know he did well with Bournemouth but he is out of his depth with these players at this club and most crucially at this time.

Back
Top Bottom