Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man United Verdict/VAR Ranting Thread

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing result. Encouraging performance.

Of course it should be a penalty at the end but goalkeepers are a protected species and for some reason are allowed to foul players when outfield players would be punished.

Lots of good individual performances. Semedo, Nunes, Lemina and Cunha in particular. Joao Gomes was my Man of the Match. I thought he was immense.
Gomes was unbelievable combative the Pitbull was tenacious we bullied there midfield casemiro outclassed by lemina and gomes

Silva Geta three chances two saves one block gets in the area ran back ran forward he must be with cunha rather than sarabia , sarabia was not at the races. Hwang was positive also

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well played . Encouraging performance.
As an aside, what the hell is this stupid Sky studio all about? And what do they all look alike. And no mention of the pen yet ffs.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa 6
Semedo 9
Dawson 7
Kilman 7
RAN 7
Lemina 8
Gomes 8
Nunes 8
Neto 8
Sarabia 6
Cunha 8

Hwang 7
Bueno 7
Fabio 7
Sasa - N/A

Proud and annoyed in equal measures. But above all, entertained. We looked a really good side tonight.
Cunha and Gomes were unreal, but you are absolutely right about Semedo, MOTM for me. His best performance in a Wolves shirt.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lads were fantastic

But I seriously think we should pack up . No chance of fair officiating with VAR . It's never clear and totally a joke .

They played brilliant and got nothing. Yes the finishing was poor but I give up with VAR .

No point going to games when it's not clear to any of the fans .
Fully agree. I would love to hear the communication between VAR and the ref regarding that decision, and justifying how it wasn't a penalty. Genuine corruption.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves' Matheus Cunha to BBC Sport: "Upset is the word. We worked a lot. We need to keep improving. We mixed the new ideas and the old ideas. I'm a little upset with that result.

"He [Gary O'Neil] has helped us a lot. It's hard to change the coach one week before the first game but football is like that.

"I feel 100%. The Premier League is the best competition in the world. I feel more free to play here. Today we needed to score more.

"It's a very hard decision. For me it's a penalty but you need to respect."

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
From a tv viewpoint, great team performance and it should be a confidence booster going forward. The better team lost, thoroughly deserved a draw which would have come if, as usual, the VAR had been unbiased.
Thought the midfield were amazing, both stopping United and breaking forward.
It’s early days, I think the hope is back, a few tweaks and a match fit squad we should be comfortable, Silva must start, I’d swap Sarabia for Cunha and play Fabio as he looks sharp. If I was picky I’d say the captain had a nervy 1st half but that’s being very picky. UTW

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overall an excellent result and pleasing to get our first PGMOL apology of the season on the board.

First of many that will take us to safety in lieu of the points we miss out on as a result of their incompetence!

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Intensity, desire, work rate. Can't fault anyone out there in old gold. Keep that up with a little more confidence in front of goal and we might just have a decent season. Exciting watching Wolves...it's been a while!

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Play Fabio instead of Sarabia tonight and we win the game. Why can't Wolves score? Because we won't play a recognised Centre Forward.

The game isn't that difficult- but we are hamstringing ourselves by not playing with a Striker!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing result. Encouraging performance.

Of course it should be a penalty at the end but goalkeepers are a protected species and for some reason are allowed to foul players when outfield players would be punished.

Lots of good individual performances. Semedo, Nunes, Lemina and Cunha in particular. Joao Gomes was my Man of the Match. I thought he was immense.

Well funnily, Sa has done much less in the way of similar coming togethers, and penalties have been given by the onfield ref and by VAR.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 36476

Magnificent performance marred by profligacy. Reminded me of the early-Lage era. We'll be more than fine if we can channel that spirit and quality into every game, surprising just how well we played. Both Matheuses were especially good (though Cunha's miss beggars belief). Officials still corrupt.
It’s interested that in pre-season Sarabia/Cunha looked a good combo when Cunha scored. It must be a mental thing that hopefully soon will unblock for the team.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Salisbury was the VAR, another ****e ref. Honestly, where do they find these clowns from?

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve got the players, just a little tweak here and there. I’d make a change but no one was poor. They’re playing for the manager.

Wiltshire Wolfie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Immensely proud of that performance apart from missing so many good chances. Just what we needed, a solid, energetic and committed showing. And inevitably, VAR screws us up again, we NEVER get anything from those scientists in white coats..!! VAR= Visually Assisted Rubbish.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Someone explain how that wasn't a pen? Let's hear it from all the detractors who thought we were deluded in our crys about var being corrupt. Regardless of if the ball had gone, the gk impeded our player in the box, rugby'esq tackle, someone explain why the pen wasn't given please.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boy, I haven't missed the frustration of a Wolves game over the summer... and to kick off the season here's a massive dollop of peak frustration for everyone to swallow.

Frustration about how we have so many players who just can't convert golden chances, let alone half ones.
Frustration about how we love letting in soft goals away from home.
Frustration about how the officials are just determined to screw us over at every opportunity.

Roll on 37 more games....

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of positives. Feel deflated at the outcome though, particularly after the penalty decision. More I watch the more it looks like a pen.

What annoys me most is it feels like the pundits have got what they want. A home win, a bit of controversy, and a plucky performance from the underdogs - but ultimately the core support of subscribers will be happy.

United fans will say they were rubbish, but our CM made them look rubbish.

BHA will be much harder opposition next weekend, will need another top performance.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First thing is first. That was a fantastic performance by our players. All to a man brilliant. Yes there were misses and that is gutting as we should have won that by at least 2 clear goals but the chances we created give me huge encouragement. That is how I want to see my team play.

We have to keep this style up all season if we can. Press and attack with pace. The goals will have to come if we create like we did today.

Finally to the absolute **** whoever it was on VAR. You are an absolute disgrace. How the hell was the ref not sent to the screen to look at that. An absolute stone wall penalty. I suppose we will get yet another apology from the **** wits from PGMOL in the coming days. You ****ers can stick your apology up your ****. Absolute disgrace and shameful. Sick of the officials in this country. **** them all off.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best display in a long time. Feels unfair to pick anyone out as they all did superbly. Should've made changes earlier but I can understand the hesitance on your first game. Lopetegui has left O'Neil a well-drilled first eleven, as long as he can keep morale high and prepare well for the opposition I'm sure we will be absolutely fine - we looked as cohesive as we did in pre-season, thankfully

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A number of things to be optimistic about. Not only did we have bite and aggression but I thought we were fairly creative and especially drove from deep very well indeed, particularly Cunha and Nunes. I think we probably gave the ball away a bit too much in our own half so hopefully, as a team, they can cut that kind of things out as they get used to playing Gazball TM ( (c) Jade Wolf 2023) with each other. Thought Silva made himself a total pest when he came on.

The dark cloud that hovers over us are the words that have haunted us for the last couple of seasons... we need to find a way to tuck chances away. In fairness, the team haven't been used to having chances so we should perhaps be a bit forgiving!

So, lads, keep up the intensity, keep up the hard running at the opposition defence but look up the meaning of the words "ruthless" and "clinical" next chance you get. :)

Annoying.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Cunha, Dawson, Semedo, Neto all brilliant, but MotM was João Gomes, easily the best player on the pitch.

Fabio has the movement of a real striker now
. Goals will come if he's out there.

Thoughts from Man U on the Metro, we rode our luck, you sliced through us so easily, their keeper their best player.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great interview from GON, good to hear he thinks we have to work on arriving in the final 3rd at the right time and goals will come.

A fantastic performance form the lads, so much pace and commitment. Phenomenal.

Shame we are going to have another season of shambolic referring decisions and VAR inconsistencies.

There was also 2 clear yellow cards for united that never arrived for a clear shirt pull and a chopping down.

So much for being bankers for relegation, **** off ya ****s

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is where football will always let itself down. There has to be or should be an explanation TONIGHT as to why a pen wasn’t given. That aside a decent start keep that up and we are nowhere near where everyone expects us to be.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Cunha, Dawson, Semedo, Neto all brilliant, but MotM was João Gomes, easily the best player on the pitch.

Fabio has the movement of a real striker now
. Goals will come if he's out there.

Our starting XI is crystal clear now. Fabio for Sarabia with Hwang ready to come on for whichever forward player is tiring.

Back
Top Bottom