Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Welcome Gary

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He wouldn’t have been my choice, but if it’s him, I hope he does really well!

Clearly did well at Bournemouth, hugely impressed the instructors when he did his management badges (with Howe and Dyche), used different formations at Bournemouth for different games - they don’t necessarily mean he’s going to be amazing, but hopefully point in the direction of “could do well”

Good luck, bring us success, please don’t buy any over the hill rubbish from West Ham!

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome, Gary O'Neil. If ever there was a free hit, this is it.

Very few have any faith, we're all expecting the worst after a criminal summer of Fosun weirdness and Lopetegui whinginess, but... here we are. And oaks from acorns grow, and all that.

Score some goals, let the talent we have left flourish, try not to get whupped 6-0 against Brighton, and suddenly things will seem brighter. I'd rather have a young coach who wants to be here, with a chance to develop and to learn from his mistakes, than some shoe-polish-faced mercenary **** or a fat bloke who guzzles pork stew or Frank Lampard.

Oh, but you see that geezer in the glasses with the teacup? Do not trust a single word he says.

Good luck!

Bradstonian

Reaction score
He's never gone into a new dressing room with nobody knowing who he is, and that's exactly what he will get here.
I think that's true with most new signings, but they soon get on. Camaraderie generally looks good from the videos I see coming out of Compton.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many best wishes to Gary and his staff.

He, like a good number of the players at the club, seems humbled to be joining and that can only be a good thing.

He did a decent job to keep Bournemouth up last season and with the quality Young players in our side, I hope he can get the best out of them.

Good luck and welcome to the Pack!

Jericho

Groupie
Reaction score
Don’t we need a nickname for him a la lopu?
G O
Gary O
Gaz O
Gary g o’now

What a come down, Europa league winner to tea cup runner up, do your best Gary Oh no, I reckon the plan is to stay up, sable dosh, blood young English players, sell everyone, sell the club, sell the fans down the river.
The team are going to be astounded at the level of training run, chase, run kick

GONorrhea?

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is depressing...hope he proves us all wrong. Molineux can be a cauldron when the natives are restless......

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very inspiring but I'm famously clueless. So he'll probably get us top 4...

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
Seeing what Bournemouth fans and some of our fans have said about him. I'm sure he's burning to prove how good he is. He's got a very talented squad to work with whatever JL said about them.
His first team talk will be a very easy one.

He's got my backing. I'm desperate for him to do well as I'm sure we all are. Being it's the club we love.

He's not where our frustrations should be focused.
Welcome to Wolves Gary. Best of luck.

P.S. Gary, Cunha isn't a 9

SellyWolf

Reaction score
I was quietly hoping that he was a big smokescreen (a la Beale) and it was going to fizzle out and we’d bring in someone with more experience…

Suppose the only option is to get behind him. I don’t fully understand where the ‘overrated for the job at Bournemouth’ thing is coming from. I don’t see how it can be argued that he didn’t do a pretty good job there, with a poorer squad than ours and limited investment (unlike us).

I also want to put a stop to the whole “Lopetegui worked a miracle because Wolves were bottom at Christmas”. In a World Cup season, it was effectively like being bottom in November and most clubs that have been in that position haven’t been able to sign 6x players in January and spend 43 million on a striker who isn’t actually a striker…

A half decent result at United (like a point), some energy, harmony and passion from the players in the next game at home and the fans will be on-side. Good luck to him…

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
From some one who has no idea of tactics the only advice I can give you is we don't want any more of this

1691589529341.png

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome Gary.

I would love it, just love it, if you were the second coming of Sir Alex - our very own legend.

The next big thing has to start somewhere. He has a 20 year career in the game, he has seen some of the best English mangers up close. I know people take the **** but at their height the the likes of Redknapp and Allardyce were elite English Managers.

Just because he has worked with these guys doesn't mean he is their clone, you take what you think are the good bits and form your own view. I have worked with some right pieces of work over the years - some of them very successful, but you learn from each of them.

This guy is going to be super motivated and we know he is a super hard worker. This is his big chance, if he messes this up he will never get a premier league gig again unless he gets a side promoted.

I think he has a massive up hill challenge, but I really hope he succeeds.

Welcome Gary, and good luck.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know enough about him to make an informed opinion. Is the reason the majority are against him due to his lack of experience, poor tactics, poor man management etc?
Or just comparing to the international status of the coach we've just lost?
Experience, I would have thought. Managed about 29 games for one team so cannot have a default style of play and may only have demonstrated limited tactical awareness due to the situation.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And that took 3 hours?
They must have real staying power.
I've heard the interview went like this.

First 2 mins:
Gary: "So I'm Frank Lampard"
Hobbs: "You're hired!"

Next 2 hours and 58 minutes
Playing golf...

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Welcome Gary.

I would love it, just love it, if you were the second coming of Sir Alex - our very own legend.

The next big thing has to start somewhere. He has a 20 year career in the game, he has seen some of the best English mangers up close. I know people take the **** but at their height the the likes of Redknapp and Allardyce were elite English Managers.

Just because he has worked with these guys doesn't mean he is their clone, you take what you think are the good bits and form your own view. I have worked with some right pieces of work over the years - some of them very successful, but you learn from each of them.

This guy is going to be super motivated and we know he is a super hard worker. This is his big chance, if he messes this up he will never get a premier league gig again unless he gets a side promoted.

I think he has a massive up hill challenge, but I really hope he succeeds.

Welcome Gary, and good luck.
Happy to see your feeling more positive mate, hope your doing well!

However I must say hearing that he has learned from watching Redknapp and Allardyce has made me feel worse! o_O

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said yesterday when this news broke it was a disaster. I also said it would be so Wolves 2023 if they gave him a three year contract.

They have made this disaster and gave him a three year contract.

I actually think the club are just trolling us now.

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
Nothin to it but to do it, I suppose

Everyone knows Wolves are going to beat United 3-1 on Monday just because that’s exactly what Wolves would do. The rest is a bitter mystery!

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome Gary , thanks for helping us out at such short notice , when Lopetegui dropped us in the ****.
Now, you ve got rather a difficult start to the season, so we re not expecting miracles ,,and can you bring Billing with you to play up front ??

Back
Top Bottom